PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu In Media Res premade character help

Jarmen4u
2017-10-06, 04:02 PM
So I'm planning on introducing my group to CoC this weekend with the In Media Res 4 player premade adventure, and I just found out that a fifth person who was supposed to not show up is going to make it.

At this point I would normally just pick a different module, but I already spent money on props and the like. So, I need some good old giantitp help in designing a 5th escapee that I can fit into the story. Any ideas?

EDIT: More specifically, each character has a general backstory, a flashback scene, and a statblock(which I can do on my own).

Most of the pre-made characters have traits which basically define them as crazy and violent in some fashion, and they all have some weird violent flashback. One character killed an old man with a bust during an attempted robbery, another has a vision of being torture/molested by his older sister, another is a scene from childhood dad abuse, and the last is a nice scene of the dog belonging to the girl he's about to kill.

It's mostly the flashback that I'm having trouble with, and how to connect it to the Rorschach ink blot.

Magua
2017-10-08, 06:32 PM
I can't remember what the inkblot looks like, but a possibility is some run-of-the-mill guy/gal who just snapped one day, like in the movie Falling Down. Flashback scene goes to something showing the dreariness of the life, perhaps a scene of getting yelled at by the boss, or coming home to an empty apartment with a pile of past due notices on the table and nothing in the refrigerator, or similar, in both cases emphasizing the powerlessness of the situation.