PDA

View Full Version : Weird stuff thats happened to you.

onasuma
2007-08-15, 06:05 AM
So, after making breakfast, and sitting down to my well deserved scrammbled egg, i feel like a jolt of electricity jumps through my left arm and up the side of my head. Nothing near me is a possible cause, and it stops after about half a second. Weird Huh.

So, it got me wondering what other random stuff has happened to you out there?

blackout
2007-08-15, 06:07 AM
One night I'm just laying in bed, trying to sleep. No one else is in the room, and all of a sudden, I hear some guy whisper the word 'Child' in my ear. Scared the crap out of me, and when I looked, there was no one there. :smalleek:

Sean92k
2007-08-15, 06:51 AM
It was like 3 in the morning and I was alone in my room, then the landing light turns itself on. And I couldn't leave the room to turn it off and my dad told me off for leaving the light on all night:smalleek:

Magioth
2007-08-15, 07:03 AM
a guy said that he loved me....and meant it :smalleek:

onasuma
2007-08-15, 07:53 AM
Thats not really that weird. Gays have to love as well.

DraPrime
2007-08-15, 08:41 AM
Thats not really that weird. Gays have to love as well.

Yeah but it's really awkward if you're strait and a gay guy tells you he loves you.

Ranis
2007-08-15, 09:10 AM
I got mugged by a squirrel, does that count?

Wraithy
2007-08-15, 09:17 AM
I once whent to sleep in my own bed and woke up in someone else's down the hall.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-15, 09:35 AM
I'd do this, but there aren't enough hours in the day to spend telling you about them. Seriously, I could spend a week straight telling of all the odd things that happens around my family in general and me in particular.

I'll just bring up one of the more recent ones.

Milk has been rotting in my house. This may not seem that unusual, but the milk is never more than a couple days old. It began happening here and there a few months ago, but kept increasing until every single milk bought were soured. One day we bought three different brands of milk from three different stores. All the same deal The refrigerator is fine, and we actually have three of them we keep food in.

So the day we find out they are bad I take them back to the stores to be replaced. I get brand new milks, take them straight home, put them in the fridge, and an hour later I open one. Its curdled. Like pouring lumpy ooze. All the rest are the same way. Again, bought from separate stores and different brands.

And this is amongst the least weird thing to happen in my household (if not one of the more annoying).

Maerdred
2007-08-15, 09:46 AM
My favorite weird stuff that happens to lots of people is when rain falls out of a clear blue sky. that happened just the other day.

Telonius
2007-08-15, 10:53 AM
I'd do this, but there aren't enough hours in the day to spend telling you about them. Seriously, I could spend a week straight telling of all the odd things that happens around my family in general and me in particular.

I'll just bring up one of the more recent ones.

Milk has been rotting in my house. This may not seem that unusual, but the milk is never more than a couple days old. It began happening here and there a few months ago, but kept increasing until every single milk bought were soured. One day we bought three different brands of milk from three different stores. All the same deal The refrigerator is fine, and we actually have three of them we keep food in.

So the day we find out they are bad I take them back to the stores to be replaced. I get brand new milks, take them straight home, put them in the fridge, and an hour later I open one. Its curdled. Like pouring lumpy ooze. All the rest are the same way. Again, bought from separate stores and different brands.

And this is amongst the least weird thing to happen in my household (if not one of the more annoying).

Something like that happened to me several years ago, back when I lived in NW Pennsylvania. Hasn't happened before or since. I suspect that some milk truck or other was late, or a refrigerator car on the train wasn't working properly. Either that or you have a cheese-craving ghost.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-15, 10:56 AM
Street lights have a bizarre habit of burning out as I walk under them. I wouldn't say it's even as high of a frequency as 1% of the time, but at least three times a week, I'll be walking at night and as I walk under one of those sodium street lights, it fizzles and burns out.

As super powers go, this one is pretty lame.:smallmad:

Vonriel
2007-08-15, 10:59 AM
Telonius, these would have to be chronically late milk trucks then, because he's been having this problem for, what, months now, VT?

Jimmy Discordia
2007-08-15, 11:04 AM
Once, I was sitting at my computer desk, and what appeared to be a bolt of lightning arced through the window to my right, through my desk lamp, and out the window in front of me. It was just a flash, so it might have started in the window in front of me.

It was stormy outside, so a lightning strike wouldn't be completely out of place... but the window air conditioner and the desk lamp were completely unharmed, and my computer kept right on running. Nothing was even singed. I wonder if I hallucinated it, or if it was some kind of electrical phenomenon I'm not familiar with. In any case, the light was blinding, and it scared the crap out of me.

rollfrenzy
2007-08-15, 11:04 AM
^^^Naw I have lurked enough to know that tribbles whole family has some wierd stuff going on. IIRC especially his sister.

I have seen an "entity" or malevolent force. At church camp years ago. I was walking back to the bunks and some kids were crying, (I was a teen counselor) and I asked what was wrong, and he said "it's looking at me" and pointed into the trees. I looked up and saw some light reflecting off the leaves, that kind of looked liked the outline of someone sitting there. I immediatley broke out into whole body goosebumps. As I tried to explain that it was just light, a crowd started gathering around and everybody was getting a little scared, but nothing too serious. As I was talking, the light image, faded and I saw a whitish form fill in behind it and it turned witha a mostly featureless face and looked me directly in the eye and smiled. At that moment, I KNEW that he wanted me to know he was causing the light to scare the kids.

Later, talking to the boy I had originally stopped, he saw the white form too, not just the lights, everybody else the light reflecting.

Not normally freaked out, but I couldn't stop shaking for the rest of the night.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-15, 11:34 AM
My dad was a counselor at a summer camp way back when he was in college, and one summer he took me there for a weekend to visit. While he was there, we heard a story about one of the other teenagers he knew who had drown in the lake. It was weird to me dad, because he said that she was a good swimmer. Of course by this time the people at the camp only heard stories of stories, and didn't know much about it.

Later that weekend we took out one of the row boats to get to the far corner of the lake away from the swimming area and to try out one of his old favorite fishing spots. We had a good time overall, but as the skies began to cloud up unexpectedly we thought is best to start rowing back.

He was rowing. I was young, and although I could row, it would have been painfully slow, so he did the work for us. I was facing him, so facing forward, while he rowed. About half way back, nearly in the middle of the lake, he dipped the ores into the water and pulled, pushing himself off the seat and onto the floor of the boat. Both ores were suddenly pulled straight off the boat and under the water. Wooden ores mind you, that should have by all physics floated. We drifted forward as his rowing momentum slowly pushed us on. I jumped to ask if he was OK, and he said yes, just a bruised butt from the unexpected fall, and a little startled by the sudden loss of control of the ores. He said it was like the water was suddenly solid rock, and he couldn't move them at all.

Peeking over the edge of the boat, we expected to see the ores floating there on either side, if but a little behind us. Of course this is when we really saw that they were gone. Just vanished under the water. We looked at each other for a second and shrugged, both kinda laughing and kinda concerned. At this point it could have been plants or something they got tangled in. We were making logical excuses in our heads so it wasn't so scary. While he started to look for the nearest other boat or person to signal to, we heard a gurgle from under the boat. Again peeking over the edge, the reflection that was in the water looking back at us was not our own.

Now of course it could have been the light, and the waves, and all manner of other things, but my dad would have sworn the face was that of his friend from the camp all those years ago. The same one we heard about drowning. Of course at the time, with odd things happening to us in the middle of a lake, we both got chills and goose bumps and jumped in surprise.

With another gurgle, and some bubbles floating up and breaking the surface of the water and the reflection we saw, both ores popped up on that side of the boat. Right next to the boat. We had drifted a good distance from where we had lost them, just from the momentum of my dad rowing. The ores were right there. Again looking at each other, we reached over the edge and got the ores. With him back in the seat we set off, and got back to the boat launch with no other incident.

It was certainly weird, and the only thing I remember from that trip. My mind over the years has tried to reason it out, but I keep seeing that reflection as clear as if it was yesterday, and it still gives me chills.

Kona-Chan
2007-08-15, 12:21 PM
A photo of me fell out of a magazine, but I was round my friends house. :smalleek:

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-15, 12:22 PM
Trib: Leave a small bowl of porridge under a table or something. I suspect you have a Bogun, or Trau, or whatever those little barn dudes are. If you offended them, they make a lot of trouble(akin to poltergeists, but at least when they're happy they make life good for you).

I have conversations. A lot. It's weird when I talk to people thinking they had these conversations with me, only to find out that nope, it's yet another product of my overactive mind.:smalleek:

SurlySeraph
2007-08-15, 01:36 PM
Let's see - a lot of times when I've come home the door has been unlocked, even though I know I locked it. One time 3 of the 4 doors to the apartment were unlocked. I could blame it on one of my family members being careless and forgetting to lock the door when they leave, but that doesn't explain it completely, especially the times when 2 of the doors are unlocked. Since I'm fairly paranoid, whenever this happens I grab a knife and just stalk through the house, checking every room. There's never any trace of anything, but it still scares the hell out of me. Also, a lot of times the door to my room often opens partway by itself. It opens at random times, not like you'd expect if it was just naturally better balanced on the hinges when partway open. I eventually started propping things against the door whenever I closed it to keep it shut, and it still opened sometimes when I put fairly light objects against it.

Street lights have a bizarre habit of burning out as I walk under them. I wouldn't say it's even as high of a frequency as 1% of the time, but at least three times a week, I'll be walking at night and as I walk under one of those sodium street lights, it fizzles and burns out.

As super powers go, this one is pretty lame.:smallmad:

That happened to my cousin, and I've heard friends mentioning that they knew people whom normal lightbulbs went off around. I'm guessing you're a teenager? Everyone I've heard that this happened to was around 14 - 16, and usually angry.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-15, 02:20 PM
I found a live bird in our toilet once. It wasn't even wet or anything. I opened up the bowl, and it flew out. I then had to open both the bathroom door and the living room window to let it escape.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-15, 04:51 PM
Once I was watching TV late at night and my trashbag started making buzzing noises. Inspection revealed no buzzy things were in the trashbag.

@^ I'm sure there's a pun in that somewhere, but for the life of me I've no idea what it is.

tannish2
2007-08-15, 05:29 PM
streetlight thing happens to me too.... i also have the wonderful ability to get in trouble for things i think, but not say, with all sorts of different people.... i think i may have reverse telepathy. and then theres the years of specifics, but most are weird, but boring, or antihappy

RandomNPC
2007-08-15, 06:05 PM
my mother in law swears my signifigant other had conversations with someone on a regular basis all the way up to ten years old. nobody else would be up there and the conversations would be lots more serious than the general invisible frind talks.

know those goopy hand toys you get in the vending machines at grocery stores? anytime i throw one at a wall a few times and really throw it hard it dissapears. i moved out of my parents house shortly after doing it and coundn't find it, ya know after moving all my stuf.

my friend who used to train horses had a series of small light objects to use as obstacles for the horses. none was over three feet tall or over five pounds. he had a large barn, so he would leave them in corners by stalls, the door in and out of the barn, and usually one at the horses stall. he could grab them all while taking a horse out, and put them all away in one walk. he would find some switched position, some upside down, and some in the middle of the barn floor.
one night, coming home he heard someone stomping around on the second floor of the barn, on top of an empty row of covered stalls. he had a friend watch the door on the bar and got a sword (ninja wanabe) but couldn't find anyone or anything worth hitting with it. later when we camped out there trying to catch whatever made the noise a bat started swooping around, but we realized it was after the moths near the light we left on.

i've had various electronics turn on/off randomly, a few words on occasion pop up on something i haven't even started typing, once i saw someone elses reflection.

the weirdest thing is people seem to try to stop me from witnessing things, and they're succeding. An ex of mine claimed to have some kind of rat like critter that walked on its hind legs living in her house but when i started asking she told me i didn't want to see it and kept telling me if i ignored it it would go away. wiji boards do wacky things after i walk away from them, not the milton bradley ones, home made ones. one destroyed itself when i went upstairs for water.

i was struck by lightning through a window, i was waken up by a bright light and a loud boom, ya know, lightning stuf. There was a blueish white light outside the window i was sleeping by, and my entire left side felt like when you lean your arm over the back of a chair and it falls asleep, only lots more tingly. my watch still worked (weird) but was a bit warm. i think i was partially struck, a full lightning bolt on a beach melts sand into glass, i figure it would do something to my window, but nothing happened.

ok, i think i unloaded all of my creepy stories, but if i remember something ill be back.

AslanCross
2007-08-15, 06:40 PM
^^^Naw I have lurked enough to know that tribbles whole family has some weird stuff going on. IIRC especially his sister.

I have seen an "entity" or malevolent force. At church camp years ago...

Paranormal stuff tends to avoid me in general. However, something bizarre did happen at a church camp as well. I was around 15 at that time.

We were singing in the auditorium when all of a sudden the band started acting strange. The girl at the keyboards stopped playing and caused the singers to go off-key. Then the bass guitar strings snapped. (I don't think that happens very easily). We later learned that the keyboardist stopped because she saw a strange message display on her keyboard's LCD: "Please insert 5 pesos." It may sound funny, but it sure was creepy at that time.

Another story, though this happened to my classmates in my second year of high school. The class was sleeping over at school for some bonding activities and general silly fun. I hadn't been allowed to join because (silly irresponsible me) I lost the parental consent form.
Anyway, after midnight some of my friends decided to go to the covered courts to share some ghost stories. Our guidance counselor, who is a Spirit Questor (something like a psychic detective), accompanied them. They brought some plastic chairs and arranged them in a circle in the center of the court.
As they were telling stories, some of them began to notice a strange orange light coming from the stage in the covered courts (it doubles as an auditorium). It wasn't coming from the ceiling where the spotlights were---it was coming from the floor. They found that creepy, but ignored it for the most part and continued.
Eventually they noticed a large, black shadow creeping up the wall from the stage. Its edges seemed to be moving slowly, but the middle of the mass was purplish-black and churned like boiling water. They were really freaked out by this time but the guidance counselor told them to stay put first.
The shadow eventually started creeping across the ceiling toward them and soon enough reached the space directly above them. It was at this point that the guidance counselor told everyone to leave quietly, one by one.

They couldn't bear it and just all ran out at the same time, totally freaked out. As they turned back to look, they saw the circle of chairs they had left come flying apart.

So much bizarre stuff happens on that campus. It's only about 55 years old, but they say the spirits of dead priests (it's a Catholic school with an in-campus dorm for the priests) still walk the corridors.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-08-15, 07:03 PM
Nothing much creepy happens to me that can't be explained. For example, once I was going to sleep and almost entirely out when I thought I saw a bright flash of light. I live down in the basement with no windows at all, so it's usually pitch black. I was kinda freaked, but tried to pretend it never happened and go to sleep. About forty five minutes later another flash woke me up. At this point I decided to turn on my bedside lamp and read, hoping I would see another flash and be ready. It took a while, but eventually my strobe light, unused for weeks, flashed once. I walked over and unplugged it and slept the rest of the night through. I imagine my brother was messing with it and didn't turn it off all the way.

I also remember a time years ago when I had the same dream three nights in a row. I never have recurring dreams, so I was a little freaked out. I could never remember the dreams, just that there was the same house in each one. I had never seen the house before. The next week my sister started piano lessons. I rode in the car to a house a decent distance away that I had never been inside before, but it was the same house.

Arameus
2007-08-15, 10:32 PM
I'll list a few things...

-My uncle came back as a ghost, but passed on eventually
-I see strange flashes of light occasionally. A doctor told me that there is nothing wrong with my eye or my optic nerve, so it must be my brain misfiring. This is unsettling.
-I have several times had dreams so realistic that I could utilize all five of my senses. I most often am able to fly in such dreams.
-Despite being only a chief, I was selected to replace the departing platoon commander over several officers, including a lieutenant, at boot camp, the reasons for which were never explained and remain not-at-all understood. It was horrifying having to lead all those people with almost no command experience, but I apparenty did an outstanding job.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Vhaidara
2007-08-15, 10:57 PM
I get the lights to, it just means you've been in fairly bright light. Does the miracle of birth count? Or the fact that one of the least popular kids in my grade dropped his pants in the classroom after recess:yuk: ? Or that he's in my class this year:eek: ?

Serpentine
2007-08-16, 12:01 AM
Well, this proves it. Church camps are evil :smalltongue:

I can't really think of much too weird that's happened to me... My sister, though, instists that our late grandfather was hanging around his and Gramma's house for some time. He'd do helpful things like hold doors open when her arms were full. Don't know how true it is, but it's kinda nice, anyway...

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-16, 12:48 AM
About that white flashing i have the same thing but instead of my vision being brighter it becomes much much darker.

Zaggab
2007-08-16, 05:17 AM
During a couple of weeks a few years ago, I could turn on my computer with a light switch. Neitther I nor anybodey else had done anything with the circuits ot anything. But suddenly, when I flipped the light switch for the rooms where the computer is, the computer would start up.

It was really weird, and no one I asked had an explanation. And then, after a few weeks, it suddenly stopped happening.

banjo1985
2007-08-16, 05:47 AM
I seem to be developing the worlds most useless superpower! Over the last 3 weeks or so I've started to get electric shocks off of just about everything, metal or non-metal, friction or no friction, and they properly sting, much more than they used to...

It's weird and I can't find any explanation for it, but until it dies down I'm gonna stay in-doors when it's lightening outside :smalleek:

Apart from that, a friend of mine is absolutely convinced he's seen an ghost in an underpass, which he now won't go under, and he's 37 and not easily scared! He was walking down there during the day, and saw an oldwoman walking towards him. The path down there is only wide enough for one person, so being the kind gent he is, he stepped into the road to let her pass. As she did she looked right at him and said thank you, and my friend siad he was freaked out by her eyes, but kept on walking. Literally seconds later he felt the need to turn around, the woman had disappeared. She was walking far to slowly to have got out of the underpass in the seconds that she was passed him, and there really was nowhere to hide, and no reason to either. I've been down there and seen nothing, but my friend is convinced, and every time we talk about it a chill runs down me, I think it must be true.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-16, 08:35 AM
That happened to my cousin, and I've heard friends mentioning that they knew people whom normal lightbulbs went off around. I'm guessing you're a teenager? Everyone I've heard that this happened to was around 14 - 16, and usually angry.

Heh, it did happen more often about ten years back, but I'm 30 and it still happens so often that my wife notices. And I'm one of the most optimistic and cheerful people you've ever known... so it's not like I'm radiating negative ki or something. :smallwink:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-16, 10:28 AM
I have a dream sometimes:

I'm drowning in the ocean, the water becomes black and then silence... for ever. I wake up and realise I couldn't breathe and I was crying in my sleep.
Every time I have seen this dream, (about 5 in my whole lofe, and I'm 21) someone close to me, -relative, friends' parents, etc- has died. I learn it the day after the dream.My mom is freaked out.

Speeking of her.. she turns the streetlights off often too!

And we've earned a lot of money out of bets, because she predicts the results of 80% of the football games, just by intuition. (She's not watchin football)

Sometimes my TV turns on by itself, but I think this happens to a lot of ppl and & there's an explanation.

And the spooky one...
When I was 15, I went to my best friend's village to spend some days with his family. His parents were sleeping in the living room, I was sleeping upstairs in a "guests' room" (as i thought it was) and he was sleeping in the room next to mine.
In my sleep, i saw a woman at around 30-40 y.o.
She had really dark hair and thick (but nice) eyebrows. She was mad at me. :smalleek: She yelled, screamed that I had to go!NOW! she was swearing and threatening me. :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: She said that I was sitting ON her (?)

I woke up late, having a headache. I told my friend my dream. He was really scared. He showed me a photoalbum and told me: of all the photos you see here, which one reminds u sth?

After 20 photos,I saw her. She looked kind and she was smiling. The photo was modern, and she was really old that time. Then I saw some older photos, her again getting married and another one with a kid.

I told my friend: that's her. He told me: the kid she is holding is my dad. She is my grandma and you were sleeping in her bedroom last night. She died 4 years ago.

The same night, I forced him not to sleep. We stayed awake all night playing DnD. I slept in the middle of a battle, at 9 am :smallamused:

Vonriel
2007-08-16, 10:31 AM
I seem to be developing the worlds most useless superpower! Over the last 3 weeks or so I've started to get electric shocks off of just about everything, metal or non-metal, friction or no friction, and they properly sting, much more than they used to...

It's weird and I can't find any explanation for it, but until it dies down I'm gonna stay in-doors when it's lightening outside :smalleek:

This happened to me a few months ago. I'd even get it off of water, which was both painful and annoying. Anyway, long story short, it stopped after a bit, so you at least have hope :smalltongue:

Quincunx
2007-08-16, 10:37 AM
Phosphenes are the stars in your eyes. At times, I can incite them by shaking my head--whether it's more or less blood pressure which triggered them, I am unsure. Since they've been increasing in frequency lately to the point of being disturbing, I quit doing that.

Cruxador
2007-08-16, 11:34 AM
During a couple of weeks a few years ago, I could turn on my computer with a light switch. Neitther I nor anybodey else had done anything with the circuits ot anything. But suddenly, when I flipped the light switch for the rooms where the computer is, the computer would start up.

I have an explanation! you probably got moisture in your wiring from the computer's hookup to the light switch. A lot of older computers, and a few newer ones, will turn on when the power is connected, so that would do it.

As for me, I have some crazy dreams. First of all, they're often so realistic that I can't remember if something happened in a dream or real life. Secondly, there are often persistent worlds, where my actions and the ambient situations from a previous dream carry over for quite a few dreams. The weirdest though, I often dream that I'm doing things like going over a fence with razor wire or I'm in a fight or similar. I tend to find bruises and cuts I don't remember getting, and they're in the weirdest places.

Jibar
2007-08-16, 12:20 PM
So Jibar, you'e a coward aren't you?
Why yes I am.
And you get the scared by the slightest things, don't ya?
Yuh huh.
So why did you read this thread!?
Because I'm a freaking idiot!

SurlySeraph
2007-08-16, 12:55 PM
Aww, poor Jibar. *hugs* But wait, how am I hugging you - I'm a double amputee! Mwa-ha-ha-ha... okay, even if I were a double amputee I guess being hugged by someone with no arms isn't that scary an idea. Just be glad I didn't post a link to the "Scary ideas for use in RPGs" thread on the WotC website, which is basically a list of really disturbing possible events.

P.S. That's not the thread's actual name, so don't bother searching for it. See how considerate I am?

onasuma
2007-08-16, 02:08 PM
Curses. I was going to google that...

Arameus
2007-08-16, 04:31 PM
I get the lights to, it just means you've been in fairly bright light.

Nope. I've thought about it, and this explanation doesn't add up for any of the instances.

Phosphenes are the stars in your eyes. At times, I can incite them by shaking my head--whether it's more or less blood pressure which triggered them, I am unsure. Since they've been increasing in frequency lately to the point of being disturbing, I quit doing that.

This sounds much more reasonable. They aren't like stars to me, though, more like streaks that will shoot a little way across my field of vision, a real light silvery color, and leave a a trail that slowly fades out. Does that sound right to you?

Noc Sha'ul
2007-08-16, 05:31 PM
Few simple ones. Had to stop lurking for this one.

My Mother can synch her speech with anothers and start speaking the same words as they say them, no matter how random. It's very weird. Her twin does it too.

This just happened a few days ago. We discovered we have a woodchuck living under our deck (We named him Chaz). I decided to throw you old apples outside for him. I walked out, sat down and started to cut the apples into smaller chucks when I heard a tapping. I looked up to see my wife behind the screen door looking shocked and pointing. I looked over and saw Chaz was "standing" right to my immediate left. He made this grunt noise, leaned over and grabbed a chuck of apple. He then sniffed it and grunted again. He then waddled off, back under the deck. Hasn't done it since. Eats the food we put out though.

I do have regular dreams that come true. Have all my life. The creepy thing is the events are coming closer and closer together. Like I'm running out of time.

Have several ghostly cats.

Dropped acid once (Was too drunk to realize what I had put on my tongue) and had a rather delightful evening dancing with a woman made from the campfire...in the campfire. never got burned. Of course... I was on acid...:smallwink:

SurlySeraph
2007-08-16, 05:38 PM
Hmm... has anyone never had a dream that came true? I've had a lot of stuff from dreams come true, but it was never something important... I just see and hear stuff and what emotion I was feeling at the time, but it's always just a random point in time when it happens. I never have seen anything important about my future in a dream.

Midnight Son
2007-08-16, 05:43 PM
Hmm... has anyone never had a dream that came true? I've had a lot of stuff from dreams come true, but it was never something important... I just see and hear stuff and what emotion I was feeling at the time, but it's always just a random point in time when it happens. I never have seen anything important about my future in a dream.I just had a dream that I was a contract killer and I had to kill a girl I knew in high school. I was kinda freaked out when I woke up. I doubt that one'll come true, but there are a few dreams I've had recently that I'm fervently wishing to come true. It's looking like they probably won't though.:smallfrown:

Noc Sha'ul
2007-08-16, 05:56 PM
Hmm... has anyone never had a dream that came true? I've had a lot of stuff from dreams come true, but it was never something important... I just see and hear stuff and what emotion I was feeling at the time, but it's always just a random point in time when it happens. I never have seen anything important about my future in a dream.

The thing with mine that I find disturbing is this: I have the dream. Totally lucid and normal realty-like. None of the normal chaos. I wake up and go about my day. Then, my day synchs up with the dream and I go into robot mode. I follow the path the dream took for the duration and cannot change or influence what happens. Like being trapped in my body while it goes about the dream. Not a terribly pleasant experience.

So it's not a matter of having phrophetic dreams or anything. I really, really don't look forward to my day when I have the dreams. And, as I mentioned, they are happening with increased regularity.

Yes, I had my head examined. Physically, it's fine.

Renloth
2007-08-16, 06:04 PM
My Mother can synch her speech with anothers and start speaking the same words as they say them, no matter how random. It's very weird. Her twin does it too.

I do have regular dreams that come true. Have all my life. The creepy thing is the events are coming closer and closer together. Like I'm running out of time.

I tend to be able to do the synching thing myself, and I agree it's strange. It doesn't happen all the time, and when I do it, I feel like I'm saying what they are with a bit of a pause in between. People say that I say it at the same time though.

I also have had disturbingly clear dreams. It's almost never of something important, but it does happen, and I alway get this strange sense of Deja-vu along with it.

I've also held conversations with myself, to the point that I can almost be both sides, and have both have different infomation. Similarly, I seem to feel like I'm being watched often, and sometimes find myself looking for hidden cameras when I'm doing things.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-16, 06:32 PM
The thing with mine that I find disturbing is this: I have the dream. Totally lucid and normal realty-like. None of the normal chaos. I wake up and go about my day. Then, my day synchs up with the dream and I go into robot mode. I follow the path the dream took for the duration and cannot change or influence what happens. Like being trapped in my body while it goes about the dream. Not a terribly pleasant experience.

That used to happen to me, but now I can usually break out of doing what I saw myself doing in the dream. It's weird - I always wonder whether I should avoid doing what I saw or not.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-08-16, 07:02 PM
A few days ago, maybe a week, I had a very strange and unusually clear dream.

My ex girlfriend smokes now and then, and I hate it with a burning passion. I had a dream about that; We were walking down a path we like to take to the beach whenever I'm in town and she took out a cigarette and began to smoke. I suddenly boiled with rage, but keeping a calm outter shell, I lashed out by knocking the cigarette out of her mouth.
We proceeded to get into a vicious argument about it. About how I'm a jerk and controlling, but all I was trying to do was save her from a life time of of nicotine addiction and it got really raging. I was feeling anger I didn't think a human was capable of feeling and she must have felt the same because she called me something too rude to utter and stormed off. I was still angry, so in the dream I apparently pulled a sword out of nowhere, walked up to her and struck her with it. Over and over I hit her with this sword, her screaming was so real and horrifying but I kept striking until she was a bloody pulp with a death mask imitating a scream of horror...
I woke up and realised I'd been crying through the murder in my sleep.
The next day I talked to her online and told her about it and she was stunned for about 3 minutes until she told me: "I woke up crying too, but I don't remember my dreams last night, and my back hurt."

Very unnerving.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-16, 07:26 PM
I guy told me i looked like a chick...as in a HOT chick.

I AM a guy...the avatar etc. is for mistaken identity week, I shouldnt have said that, but it was better than letting you all wonder.

Koreku
2007-08-16, 07:44 PM
THIS IS CREEPY!

I have this molevolent spirit in my house, and it's been here for a few weeks. It wants to kill me. It's name is Cynthia. I have spoken to her, and seen her. She has tried to off me many times, but never can do it because she can only kill when her target is completely horrified of her, or of something else at the time. Have you ever had images appear not in your mind, but in your eyes? Almost as if you were staring at a picture of it for a really long time, and the image of it is still engraved in your eye? Well, that's Cynthia (or maybe some other spirit) trying to scare you so it can kill you. It's usually a real twisted, scary image of a person's face, or maybe just the face of a scary thing, like a demon. that's how they work. Late at night, I can also feel her presence, especially close to midnight. She likes to get me to walk through her, which is a very uncomfortable sensation. She also likes to teleport around all throughout my house (sitting on the rafters, blocking a doorway, looking at me type over my shoulder). She can also interfere with the material plane, even though she's only half here. she's tapped on the back of the phone while I'm talking to my friends, she's screamed really loudly, and she's appears in mirrors more clearly than when I'm not looking at her through one. Usually, when I just tell people the name, they know exactly what she looks like. Before reading past this sentence, make sure you know what your image was of Cynthia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

She is tall, with a sharp cut elven-esque, victorian age, rich lady kind of face. Her skin is tinged slightly blue, her hair is long, straight, and silvery. She always wears a white shawl/cloth thing that is transparent, and beneath that a black underdress. Now for the weird part. Her nails are two feet long, so long that if she held them at her sides, they would almost touch the ground. The most common image people get when i say the name is of her sitting on a rock outside your window, smirking. while she's doing that she has one hand (her right, to be exact) up, and she is wiggling her impossibly long nails at you, while she stares.

If that was the picture you got, please respond to this post and tell me so, it might be able to help me. I think she is trying to stop me from doing something that I aim to do (I can't tell you what it is, but suffice to say it is of extreme importance to me, to you, and to all your friends that I complete this task) and I cannot let that happen, even if it means putting my life at risk, which is what I'm already doing. Exorcisms and bannishing rituals don't work, but I really need help! If you have any advice for me, please tell me. I'm afraid I might become too scared of her one of these days, and I can't let that happen. Please help me out here. Don't try to contact me irl about it, that would be BAD (again I can't say why), just trust me and please give me advice.

onasuma
2007-08-17, 04:10 AM

Only one, which is really odd. I predicted the entire plot of "Lego island" before it came out. Thats it though.

THIS IS CREEPY! *snip*

I dont have any advice, but that is creepy
Seems a bit to odd to be true in my opinion however

tannish2
2007-08-17, 04:47 AM
THIS IS CREEPY!
If that was the picture you got, please respond to this post and tell me so, it might be able to help me. I think she is trying to stop me from doing something that I aim to do (I can't tell you what it is, but suffice to say it is of extreme importance to me, to you, and to all your friends that I complete this task) and I cannot let that happen, even if it means putting my life at risk, which is what I'm already doing. Exorcisms and bannishing rituals don't work, but I really need help! If you have any advice for me, please tell me. I'm afraid I might become too scared of her one of these days, and I can't let that happen. Please help me out here. Don't try to contact me irl about it, that would be BAD (again I can't say why), just trust me and please give me advice.

simply notify it of your intentions, and tell it you know it exists, ask why its ****ing with you, and tell it that its making you angry, just try talking it out, if that doesnt work... just think of the evil clone solution to a problem, throw an evil clone at something enough times and its bound to work, and no im not making fun of you, in fact my dads religion says something about imagining throwing copies of something at something until it goes away(i personally think his religion is crazier than all the crazy of everyone i know combined, and thats saying quite a bit, but it seems to work for his spiritual problems)... it may sound insane, but wackier crap has happened. O! and if none of that works try just ignoring it

and remember, especially if its all in your head(but not much difference for if it isnt), fear cant hurt you unless you let it, a good pihilosophy for all aspects of life

also back on topic of weird crap thats happened: turning ON a streetlight that was barely emitting light as i walked past, this happened just a few hours ago, and ive had the superrealistic dreams too, and the occasional prophetic dream (next day down to the second besides one or 2 minor events, sucks when going to see a movie), like a cat who was going to die that day saying goodbye to me in a dream that otherwise seemed exactly like real life with no crazy **** happening. and countless other things like it, but i wasnt aware the super realistic dreams were odd (i have however suspected the frequency with which i receive them was odd, almost daily). O! and one i had almost forgotten about, the time i got really pissed and blew up a computer... but to be fair, it was a compaq and i was like 8... and it didnt have anything useful on it...

Lucky
2007-08-17, 05:01 AM
This sounds much more reasonable. They aren't like stars to me, though, more like streaks that will shoot a little way across my field of vision, a real light silvery color, and leave a a trail that slowly fades out. Does that sound right to you?I get this exact thing every now and then. The couple specific times I can remember were after I had a bit of a coughing fit.

evisiron
2007-08-17, 05:29 AM
A fair while ago, with my dad driving the car at night, I saw a guy start to cross the road right in front of us. I started to shout out, but it seemed it was too late. However, there was no impact, no body left behind and neither my brother or dad in the car saw anything. It only creeped me out because I would have sworn on my life that guy was there.

The best however, happened to my dad years ago. It was the middle of the night, and my parents were trying to sleep. But through the open door they could hear a soft *plink, plink* of a plucked banjo string. They ignored it the first time, but after a few minutes, it went *plink, plink* again. My dad went to investigate, and saw his banjo was still sitting in the next room, where he left it. No one else around. He went back to bed, but after a while, the *plink, plink* could be heard again. This time, he sprung up, and ran to the room. No-one there. This process happened once more, with the *plink, plink* making everyone jump. This time, however, my dad camped it out with a tourch. And sure enough, after a few minutes, the *plink, plink* could be heard, and finally my dad could see the cause. The dry dead leaves of a nearby houseplant were dropping of the stem, and brushing the banjo leaves as they fell to the ground.

Needless to saw, he keeps the banjo away from plants now :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2007-08-17, 05:35 AM
You may have thought it was the leaves of the plant but really it was I, I am anywhere a bajo string remains unplucked!

But on a marginally more serious note, I've had the car thing to, but while I was driving, I almost skidded off the damn road! It's a weird thing, but at least my friend in the car also saw it, so if I was hallucinating at least I wasn't alone.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-08-17, 05:57 AM
THIS IS CREEPY!

I've heard of a few things to help rid your house of a spirit.

First off, wear a crucifex with you, and wear it outside your clothes. Also display crucifixes in your house, if you already don't. I'm not a religious person, but I'm told that this helps. If you're of another faith, I don't see why displaying your holy symbol won't work.

Another thing (though somewhat messy) is to pour a line of salt around rooms. I can't remember if this wards off spirits or weaken their hold on this realm.

It's good that you know her name, because that's key to the best way to get rid of a spirit. It works best when you see the spirit, but as long as you do it while you're where they haunt, it still has an effect. Address her by name, and tell her that she is dead, that she has to move on, and that she has to go back to God. Stress these facts, and repeat them, and be sure to say them out loud, not in your head.

Finally, whenever you feel a presence or are just scared, just pray. It doesn't have to be any specific verse from a holy text, just pray, and she can't hurt you. It doesn't matter if you are religious or not, it should work anyway.

P.S. If anyone wonders where I heard these, they're all things that the psychic Cynthia Brown suggests. I'm pretty sure that's everything, but I can't be sure since I never read her books or watch her on TV - this is everything my mother told me. My mom - who has had some freaky stuff happen to her, which I will talk about later - swears by Cynthia Brown, so I figured I'd pass it along. At any rate, it's worth a try.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-17, 06:09 AM
THIS IS CREEPY!

-----------

She is tall, with a sharp cut elven-esque, victorian age, rich lady kind of face. Her skin is tinged slightly blue, her hair is long, straight, and silvery. She always wears a white shawl/cloth thing that is transparent, and beneath that a black underdress. Now for the weird part. Her nails are two feet long, so long that if she held them at her sides, they would almost touch the ground. The most common image people get when i say the name is of her sitting on a rock outside your window, smirking. while she's doing that she has one hand (her right, to be exact) up, and she is wiggling her impossibly long nails at you, while she stares.

It really is.
I know her. My friends know her.
Her greek name is Mora.
She used to come as a nightmare to me when I was a kid, but she is slightly different than your Synthia: her eyes are white/empty/blank. All the rest is the same, skin hair etc, but she wears ancient clothes.
She likes to choke you/ grapple you really tight in your sleep. When this happens, the next day u feel really calm and careless.
Every person sees her in a different form, but the details you said are the same. Long nails, etc. But no pupil in the eyes.

In ancient greek mythology, she was supposed to take the pain away. The people who dreamt of her the most were women that just gave birth.

My boyfriend used to see her a lot, one day he saw her above him trying to scratch him with her nails, but later he woke up to find out that he was arms were holding each other very tightly and his nails were in his flesh.

My best friend's dad saw her while awake, and my friend watched him as he suddenly stopped walking. He was like he was sleeping awake. He had a dream as he standed there, Mora choking him. My friend "woke him up" because he was suffocating.

She can come to you, they say, when you're awake. Don't let your mind to her. Try to concentrate. She is not good or evil. She is neutral.

If you ever dream of a woman doing this to you, it's supposed to be good, it can't harm you. Just don't let it get you when you're not sleeping.

I guy told me i looked like a chick...as in a HOT chick.

I AM a guy...the avatar etc. is for mistaken identity week, I shouldnt have said that, but it was better than letting you all wonder.

:smallamused: And who might that guy be?

PS. you ARE a hot chick, my dear King.

V Junior
2007-08-17, 07:14 AM
I have something that's sorta freaky.

Occasionally I hear my name- or, sometimes, someone actually trying to tell me something- when there's no one about but me. I hear it at my grans, at home, in school, during Scouts, ect. ect. The worst part is, it sounds like someone that's in the same building, and so I respond, saying 'Huh?' or 'Yeah?'. But I get no response. I am freaked out by this.

Also, I have weird dreams. I dream of a room and I end up going there. I dream about something happening and it happens. Like recently, I saw my friend standing with a girl that I only recognized by face . They're looking at me, and saying that I'm stupid, mad and pathetic. And I'm telling them to go away, but they don't. The next day, it turns out that my ex-friend and her friend are saying these things. Creepy...

The wind always blows into my room at night when I'm in bed. So how the heck does my bedroom door (that opens inwards) open as if by the wind or someone else when there's no one there???

This one is a new one. I occasionally see someone that's not me in the mirror!!! She is about my age, but she has blond hair and blue eyes, yet I have brown hair and hazel eyes. She is smiling at me, and she is generally wearing a school blouse and cardigan with my school tie on. She generally appears when I'm about to do my teeth.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 12:18 PM
(snipped)

The advice the above posters have given you is all good. The religious techniques might not help as much if you aren't religious; you have to truly believe in what you're doing (ordering the spirit to leave) and the means by which you're doing it (invoking God, virtue, etc.) to be fully effective. It's easier if you've been strictly following your religious tenets recently - helping people in need, being kind to others, etc., because that lets you know that you're righteous and makes it easier to access divine aid (because you know that you're worthy of help). You don't need religious symbols, but if they help you remember your faith, use them. Order the spirit by her name, and in the name of (whatever you hold holy - Christ, Moses, Allah, Krishna, etc., preferably in more than one name) to leave you and not return . It may help if the names you invoke are of combat-oriented divine beings, e.g. Krishna and Shiva if you're Hindu, St. Micheal and St. George if you're Christian, etc. Alternately, it is possible that she isn't purely malevolent and wants help. If you think this is possible (you'd know better than me), order her to tell you how to help her (e.g. "Cynthia, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I order you to tell me how you may be satisfied"). I'm not a priest, and I'm no expert on spirits, but this is the best advice I can give you. Know that the forces of good are stronger than her, and that they can help you as long as you ask them to. Best of luck.

Koreku
2007-08-17, 01:38 PM
@I'm da Rouge: I'm not sure whether or not she has pupils in her eyes, I never really got a chance to look. But I know (or at least I think I know) that Cynthia is melevolent.

I also get this impression that she is an immortal spirit, not a dead person waiting to pass on. I'm looking into buying a Weejee board (it's hard to talk to her without one). Also, I think it may help if I state my religion, although I'm not sure if just saying it would be a banned topic? I'll just say it's not an unknown one, but it's not mainstream either. ever heard of magick? If so, you know my religion. I've also developed a sense that I shouldn't get rid of her, that she's important for my task. It's not that simple to get her to leave, because she has a better hold on the material plain than most things from the spirit world. The only plane I haven't seen her on yet is the Akashic Plane, but she's on the mental and astral ones too.

The night after I posted this she was really pissed. She did really creepy stuff to me, and at one point almost eviscerated me. It was a strange sensation: she was standing by my front door, staring at me (again, I can't really make out her eyes). Suddenly I felt a wave of fear, and she saw it. She immediately ran at me, and stabbed me with one of her nails. Luckily, as she ran I knew I would be dead if I stayed scared, so I steeled myself. The nail went through my stomach, came out the other side, but didn't actually touch me!

Anyway, as I said above, Banishing Rituals and exorcisms don't do anything. And she's still putting the scary pictures in my eyes, but they don't creep me out anymore. More advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the task that she's trying to stop me from completeing, I can't do for two years, so I think she's going to be here for that long :smalleek:. Luckily I'm going on vacation tommorow for a week, so I hope she doesn't know where I'm going.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 08:15 PM
^ I'm pretty sure stating your religion isn't against board rules, no matter what it is. Wiccan, perhaps? Thelemist? What you believe is less important than how strongly you believe it. Know that your religion gives you strength, because it will if you use it. Have no fear, because no enemy can hurt you when you are absolutely devoted to your faith. Don't let her turn you off the path - the only way you can be defeated is if you stop trying to fight.

RandomNPC
2007-08-17, 10:15 PM
@ Koreku
i immagined read hair, and pure white eyes..... but your discription otherwise.

try a sealing in a crystal or gem. its not banishment so it may work.

on this task, if it's of a positive nature i can offer help, i figure i'll be able to travel by then, of course not knowing each other its up to you to trust a complete stranger with something you take this seriously.

also, if you have some kind of item other than a religous symbol that you take with you on mental and spiritual trips, like a wiccan wand or athamae(sp?) or even something of sentimental value (i've never caught anything at a "ghost hunt" when i carry the sword my parents gave me) it contains a bit of your energies. anything you hold dear is kind of like a battery, a meaningfull gift has energy from the giver you can also use. keep these things around you when you think shes near and harmful. the more energies you have the weaker her actions will be. PM me if you want more info, i think im getting pretty far over the religon line, and if it means as much to you as i think, i'd like to help more.

on another note, the things in the eyes? my wifes doctor calls 'em floaters, there isn't anything wrong with you, it's solidified eye jelly. your body doesn't always do a perfect job and eating to much of one thing (i forget what) makes your eye jelly thicker than normal, and sometimes you get solid mass in there. its distracting but harmless.

on the dreams. i thought i was the only one. Entire 45 minuet classes at school. i even stopped the teacher to make sure we didn't already cover the material.the only dream i ever remembered that hasn't come true yet involves a gas station blowing up and something huge (think D&D sizes huge) comes over a hill, sees me and my frineds, and charges us. thats when i wake up.

V Junior: Do you watch family videos or listen to recordings, or anything else where you hear your name, and other things you might be hearing, often? there was a total of five people with my name in my highschool spanish class, and all year i was hearig the teacher yell at me 24/7. (three of us were big trouble makers, so she always assumed it was us) it's called ghost sounds if thats it. people who live on their iPod with only a few songs hear it. you can't get something else stuck in your head because its actually playing in your mind, not just your thoughts.

let me sum it all up again by saying: thanks for reading all that, have a good night. (when, if not at night, do you read about creepy things?)

Volug
2007-08-17, 10:38 PM
ever since we bought another house i've been seeing strange (and very creepy stuff)

at least 6 times a week i see a girl of about 23 or 24 that has long brown hair and with a white robe out of the corner of my eye every time.... just watching me...
1 time i was reading a book and i swore i saw her pearing over my shoulder looking at it :smalleek: .
another time i was trying to go to sleep and was staring at the celing and again out of the corner of my eye saw her and in the faintest wisper heard something like...
caza mon eith monadorz
some other langauge or something and im surprised i remember it:smalleek: .

the last time i saw something was yesterday. not the girl, but when i was walking past our stair and saw a man that was HUNG above our stair case!!!
i freaked out.. when i looked at it directly it was gone.... scary stuff...

off that topic when my friends and i were driven down a creepy part of town at the middle of night someone suddenly said "i bet at the next 4 way intersection we will see a dog".....there was a dog...
this continued, like there is a black man at on the right side of the road with a white shirt in 10 more minutes. and holy crap there was..... we kept doing this and we were never wrong... not ONCE.
freeeeeeaky

Volug
2007-08-17, 10:45 PM
THIS IS CREEPY!

HOLY MOTHER SON OF A (curses alot) thats just like the girl i keep seeing!!! except the nails, and she seems friendly... and at times i feel as if she understands my life problems.. and her hair is more silvery. and that white shawl is more like a cloak. wow that is weird..
and does any1 know what those words mean that i posted on my last comment.

RandomNPC
2007-08-17, 10:56 PM
caza mon eith monadorz

i think it looks spanish, but monday was known as moon-day long ago... the mon may be refering to monday if its not spanish. also i havent actively looked at spanish in four years so i may be wrong.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 10:57 PM
^ I'm not sure. It could well be French (which I speak pretty well), but I can't tell exactly what words those are other than "mon" (which means "my," though the word for "mountain" has a similar pronunciation). Are there any mountains in the area? They might have something to do with it.

Volug
2007-08-17, 11:02 PM
O.o o.O

... i live in a valley... there are really tall mountains surrounding my town.....
scary....
and if its "my"... im not sure but i think she likes me since no one in my house has seen her and she is always just smiling at me.. never acually got.... corner of my eye just now:smalleek: i saw her again, yet i dont feel that she's hostle to me.
what is every1's opinion on this?

and i studied a little bit of spanish, doubt its that.
maybe its latin? or french as stated above (which is SCARY!)

Nomrom
2007-08-17, 11:05 PM
This is kind of less serious that most of what you guys have to say, but it drives me crazy, so I have to say it. One of my friends was born on January 17, or 1/17. She is convinced that she is haunted by the number 117. Me and another one of my friends always made fun of her for that. However, after spending a lot of time with her, we both vegan to realize the same thing. It's not just that I'm looking out for the number, so I catch it a lot, I see it everywhere. I mean the avatar size is even 117x117. It doesn't seem like it should be a common number, but I see it everywhere. It even messes with me at work. I work at a machine shop, doing metalworking. When I run really big jobs I will always mess up part 117. Even if I wasn't keeping track, and so didn't know what part I was running at the time, I will mess it up. I know it's her fault too. I haven't seen her since the last semester of college ended, and I've notice a dramatic drop in occurrence the last couple weeks. Her curse is wearing off of me, I suppose.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 11:17 PM
^ At one point I started looking for 117s, because the main character in Halo's real name is John-117. I never saw too many, though. I've never seen a number everywhere like that, even though sometimes I consciously look for 7s (religious reasons, don't ask).

O.o o.O

... i live in a valley... there are really tall mountains surrounding my town.....
scary....
and if its "my"... im not sure but i think she likes me since no one in my house has seen her and she is always just smiling at me.. never acually got.... corner of my eye just now:smalleek: i saw her again, yet i dont feel that she's hostle to me.
what is every1's opinion on this?

and i studied a little bit of spanish, doubt its that.
maybe its latin? or french as stated above (which is SCARY!)

I take Latin too, and it doesn't sound much like Latin to me. I'm just going to think a little here.

caza - could be Spanish "casa," meaning "house," Latin "castra," meaning "fort," variant of French "caisse" meaning "crate" or "casser" (pronounced cas-aa) meaning "to break"

mon - probably from "my" or "mountain"

eith - I really don't know, I need to think about it more.

monadorz - "monitors," maybe. Could be two words, like "mon adorse" - if so, might be a variant of "mon adoré" which is French, literally "my beloved," or possibly "mont adoré" for "beloved mountain," or maybe "mon dorse" (my back).

If I manage to figure out a possible meaning, I'll post again.

Volug
2007-08-17, 11:30 PM
stitching what we know... maybe she is speaking 4 different langauges... so im just hypothisizing

caza mon eith monadorz

caza- could be spanish for "house"

mon-french for "my" or montain

eith- no clue

monadorz- doubt its monitors... more likely "my beloved" or "beloved montain"

what we can guess

1. house my (my house maybe) _______ my beloved
2. house mountain ( or mountain house) _______ beloved montain

any other thoughts?

Koreku
2007-08-17, 11:41 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm not breaking board rules: I'm Wiccan, yup. And I think I figured out a little more since I last posted. I think she was sent here to test me, not stop me from completing my "task". That's at least what my dad thinks. He says, though, that I should still be careful because she can kill me. Oh and Mosato, the transparent white shawl-thing is kind of like a cloak. And the nails... well, it is weird that you don't see the nails. I don't know, look again :smalltongue: .

Anyway, If you want to know my task, I can tell you if you PM me. It's fairly confidential and extremely serious. You know, fate of the world serious. I'm not kidding. I think I said too much. Well, anyway, PM me if you want to know, and you might also be able to help. You want to help, trust me. For your own sake. Not trying to scare anyone or anything, but... well, it is pretty scary. I think it's a little too serious to post on these forums, but if you think I should post what it is, I guess I might as well. Although you people WILL be creeped out. Trust me. I am too.

Volug
2007-08-17, 11:44 PM
you seem to be scared :smallbiggrin: . whenever i see her i always feel somewhat calm and safe... which is very very strange as im never normally calm and never safe.
and i never seen her hands... so i cant say

Volug
2007-08-18, 12:09 AM
wait... im getting something.

"break my _________ my beloved"

maybe a close one... just got into my head while i was looking at SurlySeraph's post.
im going to bed right now. i feel tired suddenly. good night all.

Koreku
2007-08-18, 12:38 AM
It's not Cynthia. Cynthia can't talk. What I'm getting is that it's Cynthia's daughter that your seeing. "Break my ____ my beloved"? you know what would kind of be creepy. If her spirit can't rest because her body is somewhere in the house, and she wants you to complete the killing of her. Maybe she's saying, "Break my neck, my beloved". just an idea, but it kind of makes sense

Extra_Crispy
2007-08-18, 05:03 AM
2 wierd things that have happened to me.

1) When I dream, and am lucky to remember it, I dont see faces. I know who the people in the dream are but I dont actually see the face of the person. About 10 years ago I had a dream where I was sitting at a table talking with this woman about my same age. Nothing amazing about that but for the fact that I saw her face, but did not know who she was. It was a great dream, I felt calm and relaxed when I woke, like we had a meaningful talk. To this day I have never seen this woman nor have I ever seen faces in my dreams again.

2) I am VERY much a skeptic. I dont believe in ghosts, I am not religious at all, and I would say that 99.99999% of the time all the stuff people see are just tricks of the light or sound that they blow way out of preportion. No offence to anyone here, that is just the way I have always felt. Well the iron disbelief cracked majorly about 3 weeks ago. I work at a hospital, in a recently renovated floor that used to be a labor and delivery area. (hospital does not have one now) Some co-workers and I were discussing the fact that some patients in room 20 have reported hearing babies crying. I, of course, was telling them I did not believe in any of that and it was just tricks of the ears or something (not supernatural) in that room squeeking and sounding like a baby. Another patient called, this was in room 6, a distance from 20. I got her up and to the bathroom, waited, and then helped her back to bed when I heard a very loud crash. My first thought was a patient tried to get to the bathroom without help and had fallen. So after making sure my current patient was safely in bed I ran out of the room and headed down the hall looking in every room for the patient that fell. I did not have to look long, room 5's rubbish bin was pulled out of the wall and laying on the floor 2 feet from the cabnit it was part of. These bins are like a very deep drawer, are about 1.5 feet square and 2-3 feet deep. Someone or something had pulled it out of the wall and off its tracks having it crash to the ground. The normal drawer above it was allso pulled out but had hit the stoppers on its rails that it did not come out. Anyway, i hurry into the room thinking the woman in there tried to get up and fell but grabbed the handles of these things as she fell. The patient was in bed, I asked her what happened and she said "I dont know I was asleep then I just heard this loud crash" This woman could not have been up pulled these out and gotten back into bed, looking like nothing happened in the under 30 seconds it took me to get to her room. She was, most likely, not strong enough to pull the drawer all the way out (as it was also one that sticks and is hard to open and close) and she was not fast enough. (it takes her 5 min to walk to the bathroom 10-20 feet of total walking. No other workers were even near that room at the time of the loud crash. This has shook the skeptic in me.

banjo1985
2007-08-18, 05:16 AM
Hospitals are a hot-bed for activity like this, my girlfriend works in one and she has also seen some weird things. I'm pretty musch a sceptic in most cases too, but I believe that in places of death or sorrow, such as hospitals, graveyards, jails, and asylums, there is definitely happenings involved with the things that have gone on there in the past. With so much death and unhappiness in one place it's not hard to believe that there are spirits hanging around there that don't want to let go.

Orzel
2007-08-18, 05:37 AM
I got attacked by ninjas once. They mistook me for someone else. I think it was a prank.

I constantly have completely useless premonitions. Like when the corner store is out of bacon or how many stray dogs will show up outside by house at 3 AM.

One time I saw a stray cat and yelled "Meowth, Fury Swipes!" then the cat scratched the hell out of this wall

onasuma
2007-08-18, 05:51 AM
One time I saw a stray cat and yelled "Meowth, Fury Swipes!" then the cat scratched the hell out of this wall

GASP! another felinemancer! I have these powers as well. For example Walking home from school one day. I see a cat who just happens to be in my way. I say "By the power of darkness and the foul depths of hades, Get out of my way. Try sitting on that shoe" (There was a shoe outside the house i was walking past) It then got up, and sat on the shoe!

Quincunx
2007-08-18, 06:48 AM
Now I know some of you people are full of it. Cats never obey.

As for the shared apparitions--I can't dismiss that. Synaesthetes (synesthetes, alternate spelling), the people with scrambled but acknowledged sensory input (those who smell a color when reading a particular name, hear distinct notes when seeing different heights, etc.), don't agree on their associations. On the other hand, the apparitions of people who aren't synaesthetes--those are consistent with other people's experiences, even if the people are ignorant of one another. Read up on Jung's archetypes, or don't if you want to preserve your ignorance and provide a control experience.

I have seen the black-and-purple malevolence more fully described in AslanCross's post, rearing out of a baptismal pool and taking the child. Further detail violates board rules.

RandomNPC, wrong idea with the, errr, floaters. Phosphenes are misfiring rods and cones, not light reflecting off of the formations in the vitreous or aqueous humor. The 'floaters' lead to those teeming swimming critters in the darkness, or the less frightening fractals that formed once I understood what patterns were. They don't glow. The stars in my eyes are more golden than the others have mentioned, and beautiful despite being a physical flaw.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-18, 07:24 AM
wait... im getting something.

"break my _________ my beloved"

maybe a close one... just got into my head while i was looking at SurlySeraph's post.
im going to bed right now. i feel tired suddenly. good night all.
Break? O.o

I don't think so... Why break?

Caza= the pronunciation of "casa", mon=my/mine, eith= something like "es", "est" =is

So my explanation is:

The house is mine, my dear :smallamused:

She doesn't look angry.. If her spirit couldn't rest for some reason, I think she would be tired and mad.

Volug
2007-08-18, 10:07 AM
the house is mine my dear?

i dont know. it doesnt seem like she lives here, but that this place was important to her..... why i know this i dont know. These things just pop into my head as if their are my own... but their not. or im going crazy :smallbiggrin:

Grey Paladin
2007-08-18, 07:21 PM
One night I'm just laying in bed, trying to sleep. No one else is in the room, and all of a sudden, I hear some guy whisper the word 'Child' in my ear. Scared the crap out of me, and when I looked, there was no one there. :smalleek:

Same, but it was a sinister feminine voice and her exact words were "Sleep well, my child" followed by a giggle.

Then again that happened when I was-
A) young
B) Slightly drunk
C) sleepless for 26 hours
D) reading gothic fantasy

I also have a two dimensional blue light outside my window that quickly passes from one side of my terrace to the other once every few hours, I even saw it in daylight once :smalleek: this freaks me out far more then the previous case because I have absolutely no logical explanation for this - its looks more like a transparent two-dimensional blue circle floating mid-air then a light, really.

I live by logic and laugh at these that live through faith or feelings, and this is what scares me most: the only explanation to the second event is that I am going insane.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-18, 10:14 PM
I'm da Rogue!, you are not only the rogue, but also a genius. I can't believe I completely overlooked you much "eith" sounds like "est" - for some reason, I was only thinking about nouns.

Actually, "est" can mean either "is" or "east." Another translation
Hmm... another thing is that some forms of "monter," "to climb," sound like "mont." Another possible translation might be something like "Break the east mountain, climb to the back" ("Cassez le monte est, mont à dorse."). Another possibility is "The mountain is broken, my beloved" ("Cassé le monte est, mon adoré"), which is poetic (and not entirely grammatically correct), but it seems plausible that a spirit would be speaking in poetry. Look through the possible combinations of translations of each segment I've come up with and see what you think is most likely.

Oh, and Grey Paladin? There are plenty of possible explanations. Could be ball lightning, could be a vehicle, could be someone's security system, could be light from cars refracted oddly through the window, could be a normal light shone directly at the window (so that it looks larger than it is), could be any number of things. Or, of course, it could be something unnatural. Science hasn't explained everything yet. The fact that something doesn't seem to make sense doesn't mean it can't be real, just that no one's figured it out yet. If it passes by regularly, every few hours, it's probably not a hallucination; hallucinations tend to come randomly and don't tend to be consistent. Besides, if you're lucid enough to realize that it doesn't make sense, you're probably nowhere near going insane.

Arameus
2007-08-19, 12:02 AM
I get this exact thing every now and then. The couple specific times I can remember were after I had a bit of a coughing fit.

I'm thinking it may just be when the optic nerve is somehow jarred or otherwise stimulated by something other than what you're actually seeing, but I'm no doctor and that could be complete poppycock.

Edit: I wonder how much of these more fantastic claims (with the exception of the posts which are obviously jokes) are true. My uncle really and truly did haunt his house for a period following his sudden death, but some of these just sound like bad TV shows.

Lucky
2007-08-19, 12:14 AM
Edit: I wonder how much of these more fantastic claims are even true. My uncle really and truly did haunt his house for a period following his sudden death, but some of these just sound like bad TV shows.No wai man!!! Didn't you hear Koreku? He's totally on a quest to save the world! I totally believe that!
Ahem. :smallannoyed:

As for the eye-thing, it sounds reasonable, and would explain similar occurrences which I've had on roller coasters.

Grey Paladin
2007-08-19, 04:51 AM
Oh, and Grey Paladin? There are plenty of possible explanations. Could be ball lightning, could be a vehicle, could be someone's security system, could be light from cars refracted oddly through the window, could be a normal light shone directly at the window (so that it looks larger than it is), could be any number of things. Or, of course, it could be something unnatural. Science hasn't explained everything yet. The fact that something doesn't seem to make sense doesn't mean it can't be real, just that no one's figured it out yet. If it passes by regularly, every few hours, it's probably not a hallucination; hallucinations tend to come randomly and don't tend to be consistent. Besides, if you're lucid enough to realize that it doesn't make sense, you're probably nowhere near going insane.
Thing is, it has no trial, it just seems to "float".
Neverless, your words are reassuring.

Thrivol
2007-08-19, 08:55 PM
Eh, I'm pretty normal. Mostly.

I know people are behind me, or near me, even if I don't hear them/see them.

I have pretty good instincts/reflexes (as in, I'll dodge something coming towards me, even if I don't know it is there).

This is pretty much true of my whole family: we are waiting on someone to bring food home, or return from some errand, and we make a comment about it. They return at that moment.

This one time, after taking a schoolwide test, I was sleeping, waiting for the principal to tell us to go to our next class. I heard a voice say "Wake up," so naturally I raised my head up. The principal then told us to go to our next class (almost instantly).

I pretty much know when something major is about to happen. I don't know what it is, but I know something will happen.

I have really bad Deja Vu. Also, my dreams tend to come true, at least in a sense (like, I will have a dream I am talking to someone I rarely talk to, yet I will the next day).

I know if the calls on my home phone are for me or not.

I just kinda know when things are going to happen. I can just start counting down from a number, and at 1 (or the starting number) what I was counting down to will occur.

Hmm, after reading this, I guess I just have great instincts and/or luck. Maybe precognition. Maybe.

Scatman
2007-08-19, 10:11 PM
I got attacked by ninjas once. They mistook me for someone else. I think it was a prank.

I constantly have completely useless premonitions. Like when the corner store is out of bacon or how many stray dogs will show up outside by house at 3 AM.

...*laff**laff*Laff*

..USELESS?! I go for bacon every day!We must speak more often, so I dont waste my precious time!And those dogs?They always make good ice cream!
..From their flesh!

..And the pokemon thing..
I bet the cat has a TV.

Well, weird things which have happened to me.Lets see here...I have a fear of the dark, and I often envision strange things while submerged in it. Such as a dark man staring at me with an axe..Or..Sometimes, I see visions..That all my food is gone, and I starve.Mostly things of the horrible demises I deserve.

Sean92k
2007-08-19, 10:21 PM
Well, weird things which have happened to me.Lets see here...I have a fear of the dark, and I often envision strange things while submerged in it. Such as a dark man staring at me with an axe..Me too, thats why I'm not going downstairs to turn the wireless internet off ... I need to tell someone to turn a light on befre they come up :smallfrown:

I saw a ghost once, at school. She was like a maid carrying a tray. She walked down the stairs and then vanished. Plus I can sense who is around me even if they dont tell me.

Crilley
2007-08-19, 10:26 PM
I have two things.

#1: When I walk in the dark, I see things. Things like Shoggoths, vampires, and Great Cthulhu. I put it down to overactive imagination.

#2: One day when I woke up at my girlfriends house, I immediately asked "Where is Jessica?". With suspicious looks and tone of voice she asks "Who is she?".

"Our daughter!" I replied. We dont have a daughter, or a son for that matter, and I have no idea where I got the idea that we did. Yeah, that was an awkward situation though.

Gaelbert
2007-08-22, 01:47 AM
It was like 3 in the morning and I was alone in my room, then the landing light turns itself on. And I couldn't leave the room to turn it off and my dad told me off for leaving the light on all night:smalleek:

That exact same thing happened to me the night I read your post, down to the timing and everything. Weird.

Malic
2007-08-22, 01:29 PM
break my _________ my beloved

Maybe the phrase id "Break My Beloved House" Or "Break My House My Beloved" which could mean that she's bound to it somehow.

As for my own strange moment's I could write a book. But I'll tell you all one. I was on a trip with a freind and after alot of shuffling around I finnally got to sleep on the couch/bed. I had a dream That I was swiming with sea lions. The next day we went to sea world and his mom bought us passes to swim with sea lions. They even did all the trick's I saw in my dream. Needless to say I was kinda spaced out during the whole thing It was still fun even though I saw most of it before.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-22, 01:44 PM
the only weird thing thats happened to me was that about a week ago when I looked down I saw a lump on ma private area which wasnt there before :smallconfused: . I suppose it's all part of growing up :smallsmile:

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-22, 03:11 PM
Has anyone else ever had that? :smallconfused:

Jack Squat
2007-08-22, 07:24 PM
Has anyone else ever had that? :smallconfused:

no...all us other guys have always been able to fully control our bodies. You're just wierd.

seriously though, it's completely natural, and as you said part of growing up.

However, until your hormones start to calm down, I'd suggest baggy jeans.

Natania
2007-08-22, 11:41 PM
To get back on the track we were on before...

I've had quite some freaky stuff happen to me in my life time but my mother has had even more happen to her.

one of my own stories:
I used to go to church. not because I wanted to, but because my dad wanted me to. I was bored everytime I went and just started staring into space. I'm not sure when it began but I started to see things above the people sitting infront of me. like a shadow of them was above them. And it was different for each person. for some I saw a head and shoulders and torso and for others I only saw a faint outline above the head.
I haven't got the faintest idea what it was but I know it wasn't just my imagination.

I have also had a few moments when I kind of fase out or something and I see what I'm doing from a distance. The sounds around me are also from a distance and these images flash though my mind. also it's very hard to breath. and I know it sounds like I'm about to pass out but the strange thing is that my body responds naturally.
Like this one time it happened I was at a friends house and I was playing this racing game on the xbox and it happened. after it was over I asked her about it and she said no nothing was different at all. She hadn't noticed anything. Except that my driving had become a lot better. apparently I had won every race I played while it was happening. something that never happens as I suck at racing.
It's happened before and I get the same images every time. It's like something triggers it and this whole display goes off. I always just try to calm my breathing and focus on what is happening around me. I don't know what would happen if I gave into it, but I'm a bit scared of what might happen.

Naleh
2007-08-23, 12:40 AM
I have also had a few moments when I kind of fase out or something and I see what I'm doing from a distance. The sounds around me are also from a distance and these images flash though my mind. also it's very hard to breath. and I know it sounds like I'm about to pass out but the strange thing is that my body responds naturally.
Like this one time it happened I was at a friends house and I was playing this racing game on the xbox and it happened. after it was over I asked her about it and she said no nothing was different at all. She hadn't noticed anything. Except that my driving had become a lot better. apparently I had won every race I played while it was happening. something that never happens as I suck at racing.
It's happened before and I get the same images every time. It's like something triggers it and this whole display goes off. I always just try to calm my breathing and focus on what is happening around me. I don't know what would happen if I gave into it, but I'm a bit scared of what might happen.

In its result, it sounds like 'the Zone', which is the state of mind athletes etc. go into during competitions. Basically, everything else ceases to matter and their entire body focuses on the task at hand. They can perform a lot better in this state - stronger, smarter, faster reactions, and so on. It's because their brain is utilizing more the body's resources, and turning off things that don't matter. (For example, normally you would only have access to a fraction of a muscle's power - an instinct to prevent you damaging it - but in the Zone you'll use a lot more.) People go into a similar state in life-or-death situations, often reacting impossibly fast, seeing things in slow motion and/or black-and-white, and so on (in this case you're processing a lot more images per second, which is very useful for staying alive, but sacrificing colour, which isn't terribly important). They often say afterwards that they 'knew instinctively what to do'.

(Obviously, not everyone gets all of the above-mentioned changes in this state all the time. It depends what you're doing and what sorts of skills you're using.)

Although, if it is the Zone, I've never heard of having difficulty breathing or seeing images...

I overuse brackets and dashes. :smallannoyed:

Serpentine
2007-08-23, 12:57 AM
I just realised, I have something to add! It's not mine, still (I suspect that I may have experienced strange things, but wasn't paying attention), but rather from someone in my zoology class. Apparently her mother was once mugged by a kangaroo. As in, the kangaroo beat her up and ran off with her purse.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-23, 01:12 AM
To get back on the track we were on before...

I've had quite some freaky stuff happen to me in my life time but my mother has had even more happen to her.

one of my own stories:
I used to go to church. not because I wanted to, but because my dad wanted me to. I was bored everytime I went and just started staring into space. I'm not sure when it began but I started to see things above the people sitting infront of me. like a shadow of them was above them. And it was different for each person. for some I saw a head and shoulders and torso and for others I only saw a faint outline above the head.
I haven't got the faintest idea what it was but I know it wasn't just my imagination.

Seeing auras, maybe. People see auras more often around people who are in a spiritual state of mind.

Tor the Fallen
2007-08-23, 01:17 AM
Seeing auras, maybe. People see auras more often around people who are in a spiritual state of mind.

Or happen to be synesthetes.

Natania
2007-08-23, 01:55 PM
Yes the first thing I thought of was aura's as well. but once I had learned to really 'see' aura they weren't like that at all. Because when I 'see' aura's they are colourful and all around the people but these were only above the people and they were greyish...

Anyway my mother just told me to post one of her stories.
She was apparently sitting across from this woman and she was focusing on her because she had nothing else to do and suddenly an image flashed through her mind of something in the womans belly and she just knew that it was not supposed to be there. When she told the woman the woman just burst into tears. aparently that was the cancer she had had for a year now and she was about to tell her son that she only had 2 month left to live.

Arameus
2007-08-25, 01:23 AM
I've determined that the lights are the result of neither bright light nor trauma. It's happened three times since my last post in this thread, and it's getting to the point where I don't even notice it, since it happens to fast to distract me visually and too common to distract me mentally. It's probably just a retarded neuron firing away up there.

Of course, some of you would probably suggest I'm seeing Elfin ghosts and I just don't know it. :smallannoyed:

Googlywirdo
2007-08-25, 03:17 PM
I used to wake up thinking it was the next day because I had dreamt what was going to happen to me. I think I always dream using all 5 senses but I'm not quite sure:smalleek:

Miklus
2007-08-25, 07:10 PM
In its result, it sounds like 'the Zone', which is the state of mind athletes etc. go into during competitions. Basically, everything else ceases to matter and their entire body focuses on the task at hand. They can perform a lot better in this state - stronger, smarter, faster reactions, and so on. It's because their brain is utilizing more the body's resources, and turning off things that don't matter. (For example, normally you would only have access to a fraction of a muscle's power - an instinct to prevent you damaging it - but in the Zone you'll use a lot more.) People go into a similar state in life-or-death situations, often reacting impossibly fast, seeing things in slow motion and/or black-and-white, and so on (in this case you're processing a lot more images per second, which is very useful for staying alive, but sacrificing colour, which isn't terribly important). They often say afterwards that they 'knew instinctively what to do'.

I was in "The Zone" once. I was playing this simple 2D side-scroller where you steer this little spaceship around and shoot UFOs and whatnot. My mind drifted off, I was thinking about what was for dinner and so on. But I kept playing, my hand was moving the joystick on its own. And I was much much better in this state of mind. I was practically unbeatable, those darn UFOs could not even hit me. Sadly, it never happend again. I think animals are in "The Zone" most of the time.

The life-and-death arenaline rush is completely differnt from "The Zone". I once idiotically stuck my foot into the front wheel of my bike and was catapulted over the handlebars. I made a perfect rolling landing, Bruce Lee himself could not have done better :smallamused:. The Rush is more of a state of total awareness, where as The Zone is an absence of thought.

Wow, that was deep :smallconfused: 2am and one beer...:smallsmile:

Azatrox
2007-08-26, 12:05 AM
My favorite supernatural story of mine happened back when I was probably in kindergarten. I doubt anyone will believe it but I swear it's true.

Anyway, it was Halloween night. My older brother and I were taking inventory of our candy on the dinning room table (so we could tell if any were stolen... we like our candy :smallbiggrin: ) before going off to bed. That night, I had a little... erm... accident, meaning that I had to sleep on the couch down stairs (which faces the table). After about an hour of sleep, I woke to see a hazy, toddler-sized white mass seemingly rummaging through my brother's candy! I rubbed my eyes, shook my head, but it was still there! Eventually, I dozed off with that thing still there. In the morning, my brother yelled at me for stealing a tootsie roll but I never even touched his pile.

Funny thing is, when we were moving years later, I found a tootsie roll wrapper lodged under the couch. :smallconfused:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-27, 07:31 AM
I'm da Rogue!, you are not only the rogue, but also a genius.
I know :smallbiggrin:

I'll stick to my theory though.

The house is mine! She said so!

Dawn
2007-08-27, 10:14 AM
When I was 7 I got hit by 4 adults tubing down a hill, all stapped together...going maybe 20 MPH. I did a frot flip, and didn't even get a bruise.

Jacklu
2007-08-27, 11:18 AM
I have a friend who can't can't wear watches. Any watch he wears runs out of batter power within hours. His doctor told him that his bodies electrical charge is unusually strong. It isn't dangerous, it just means that batteries discharge really fast around him.

The creepiest thing that ever happened to me occurred at a church summer camp when I was twelve. It was right after the councilor had turned off the lights in our cabin. I tried to get to sleep but couldn't because of this feeling that I was being watched. I look around the cabin and found that everyone in the cabin was staring at me from their bunks. As I looked, however, I realized that it wasn't the other kids faces that were watching me. The faces looked almost like masks. I closed my eyes really tight and tried to pretend they weren't there but that only made the feeling worse. When I opened my eyes again the faces were no longer over the bunks, but hovering higher up, near the ceiling. I pulled my sleeping bag over my head but could still feel where each of the faces was. For the rest of the night I lay awake, trying not to breath too loud because I had the feeling that if I made too much noise they would get closer to me, or even try to hurt me. The next morning I found that no one else had seen anything. I also noted that some of the faces had been over empty bunks. For the rest of the week I slept with my sleeping bag pulled over my head and a flash light on inside my sleeping bag.
The really strange thing is, even as I'm writing this my hands are shaking and I'm finding hard to breath easily. This is odd because I've told this story many times before and I've never felt scared as I was telling it. In fact, halfway through typing this I had to get up and open all the blinds in the house to let more sunlight in because of an overwhelming feeling of pressure pushing down on me. I think I'm going to take a break actually. I'm really freaking out right now. And no, this is not a joke.

Stick_Ninja
2007-08-27, 11:41 AM
I've had some weird stuff happen to me, but it doesn't compare to some of the other stories Ive heard here...

The only one that might is that, for some reason, whenever I say the phrase "Wouldn't it be funny if...." about 90% of the time it comes true somehow.

For example, we got three guinea pigs a long time ago, and I said "Wouldn't it be funny if Mel (one of them) was actually a boy?" since we were sure that they were all female. Sure enough, one of the others got pregnant, and he was a guy. Then I said, "Wouldn't it be if Chaning (the third, non-pregnant guinea pig) was also a guy, and responsible?" Sure enough, that came true also.

And believe me, the list goes on and on and on...

Solo
2007-08-27, 11:45 AM
I've had some weird stuff happen to me, but it doesn't compare to some of the other stories Ive heard here...

The only one that might is that, for some reason, whenever I say the phrase "Wouldn't it be funny if...." about 90% of the time it comes true somehow.

For example, we got three guinea pigs a long time ago, and I said "Wouldn't it be funny if Mel (one of them) was actually a boy?" since we were sure that they were all female. Sure enough, one of the others got pregnant, and he was a guy. Then I said, "Wouldn't it be if Chaning (the third, non-pregnant guinea pig) was also a guy, and responsible?" Sure enough, that came true also.

And believe me, the list goes on and on and on...
Wouldn't it be funny if I had a million bucks?

Jacklu
2007-08-27, 11:45 AM
I'm back. It took a while for my hands to stop shaking. And I swear I could feel something watching me as I typed. I guess this can also fall under the weird stuff that happened to me. "One time I was writing a post on GITP when...":smalltongue:

Stick_Ninja
2007-08-27, 11:55 AM
@Solo, I've said that actually, and I'll bet you that by the time I die, I'll either win the lottery or become a millionaire or something or other like that.

Hmm... has anyone never had a dream that came true?

I have two that I do not want to come true. One is that I caused the armageddon...don't know how, but I did.

And the second one was also about the end of the world, which I saw happen in a city I NEVER want to see again, just to be safe.

Solo
2007-08-27, 12:05 PM
I don't believe in paranormal stuff, but for anyone who has ghost problems, the Chinese solution is to bang on gongs, drums, make loud noises, put on fireworks, etc, to scare off bad spirits.

And re-arrange to your furniture to maximize good feng shui. That helps too.

So if anyone's ambushed by spirits, just put on some heavy metal.

which I saw happen in a city I NEVER want to see again, just to be safe.
I feel you, buddy. I don't want to go to San Francisco either.

Jacklu
2007-08-27, 12:41 PM
I feel you, buddy. I don't want to go to San Francisco either.

I LOLed out loud when I read that.

In terms of unknown animals, I have seen one. I was out riding with a friend a few years ago. We were on a back road at about eleven at night. As we came around a corner, the cars headlights fell on a creature that looked like a weasel or ferret except that is was almost seven feet long. It was at least three feet around at its thickest. It looked at us with eyes that reflected red in the cars headlights. It was long and had very short legs. For a moment neither of us said anything. My friend, who was driving, decided just to keep going. He figured it might have been a large tree branch that fell on the side of the road. The next morning we drove back down the road to where we had seen it, but there was nothing there. We couldn't find any tracks or other evidence of what it might have been.

Solo
2007-08-27, 10:22 PM
looked at us with eyes that reflected red in the cars headlights. It was long and had very short legs.

Some creatures - I think Tasmanian Devils - have eyes that reflect light red-ish.

Probably some large rodent or something.

So... anyone like the idea of beating gongs to scare away evil spirits? I like the idea.

"There's a ghost! I'm gonna get out my drum set!"

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-28, 05:14 AM
Hm... One thing that really comes to mind. And bear in mind that this has happened twice.

I wake up in the middle of a stuffy Summer night to hear a mosquito right up and almost inside my ear. Not thinking, I slam it and kill it and try to go back to sleep.
Except I can't, because I can still hear that mosquito. But I killed it, didn't I?
The mosquito humming didn't cease, however, and I couldn't get much sleep at all that whole night.
The next night, I try to go to sleep only to find that the mosquito noise came back to haunt me. I tried hiding under the sheets, no... I tried shoving my head under the pillow, no... I blocked my ears, no! I could still hear it with my ears blocked. Which means that the mosquito noise is all in my head.
In craziness to get rid of the mosquito, I tried lining the wallpaper with insect repellant (that stuff didn't come off for over a year!), and closed the windows and the door (despite the summer heat) and tried to not think about that goddamn mosquito. Because it was all in my head.
This happened every night for about three weeks, the first time it happened, and then for four nights the second time.

I called it, the Curse of the Mosquito.

Natania
2007-08-28, 06:32 AM
I like the idea of banging on drums and making a lot of noise to scare off evil spirits and stuff... but most of the time when I've been in those kind of situations I'm to scared to actually do anything at all let alone get pots and start banging :smalltongue:

anyway @ jacklu
I've had this one experience that I can't tell about because whenever I do I get this creepy feeling. shaking hands, beeing watched, overal just creepy. So I know what you mean...

Harold
2007-08-28, 08:11 AM
once when I was like 3 or 4 I remember I had this ball that I really liked, but then one day I was walking up some stairs and I accidently droped it, and I didn't hear a noise or anything, and I couldn't find it and I've looked and looked and looked but I never found it.

Azatrox
2007-08-28, 02:28 PM
@ Harold
That happened to my great grandpa's ring about two years after he died. It was this little silver snake coiling around. I used to wear it all the time. When I went to place it on my wardrobe, it slipped and fell. Two years of searching and it hasn't shown up since. :frown:

Solo
2007-08-28, 09:21 PM
All I've ever lost in that fashion are socks.

I say that there's a pocket dimension where lost socks, rings, and bouncy balls go to reside after they've grown tired of the mortal coil.

Who's with me?

SurlySeraph
2007-08-28, 09:34 PM
I LOLed out loud when I read that.

In terms of unknown animals, I have seen one. I was out riding with a friend a few years ago. We were on a back road at about eleven at night. As we came around a corner, the cars headlights fell on a creature that looked like a weasel or ferret except that is was almost seven feet long. It was at least three feet around at its thickest. It looked at us with eyes that reflected red in the cars headlights. It was long and had very short legs. For a moment neither of us said anything. My friend, who was driving, decided just to keep going. He figured it might have been a large tree branch that fell on the side of the road. The next morning we drove back down the road to where we had seen it, but there was nothing there. We couldn't find any tracks or other evidence of what it might have been.

That sounds exactly like a fossa. It makes sense that it wouldn't leave tracks, since they mostly travel by climbing trees. What doesn't make sense is that they live in Madagascar...

Koreku
2007-08-28, 10:25 PM
Hi. Just here to give a bit of an update. I would really like it if people would PM me wondering about the task, b/c I need to tell more people. I would put it on the forums if I knew it wouldn't cause a huge uproar. Also, I don't care if you beleive me or not. Lucky, as I can see, doesn't, and I don't blame him. My story is far-fetched, to be sure, and to be honest I too beleive I may be delusional. But I am NOT pulling your leg's, trust me on that. Just please PM me so I can respond to you all, and then I would definately like feedback. I think you'll want to know this task, trust me, whether you beleive it or not (read my previous posts on this thread, starting on page 2, to clear up what I mean)

The Duskblade
2007-08-28, 10:46 PM
ever since we bought another house i've been seeing strange (and very creepy stuff)

at least 6 times a week i see a girl of about 23 or 24 that has long brown hair and with a white robe out of the corner of my eye every time.... just watching me...
1 time i was reading a book and i swore i saw her pearing over my shoulder looking at it :smalleek: .
another time i was trying to go to sleep and was staring at the celing and again out of the corner of my eye saw her and in the faintest wisper heard something like...
caza mon eith monadorz
some other langauge or something and im surprised i remember it:smalleek: .

the last time i saw something was yesterday. not the girl, but when i was walking past our stair and saw a man that was HUNG above our stair case!!!
i freaked out.. when i looked at it directly it was gone.... scary stuff...

off that topic when my friends and i were driven down a creepy part of town at the middle of night someone suddenly said "i bet at the next 4 way intersection we will see a dog".....there was a dog...
this continued, like there is a black man at on the right side of the road with a white shirt in 10 more minutes. and holy crap there was..... we kept doing this and we were never wrong... not ONCE.
freeeeeeaky

I tried fiddling around with Babblefish. Caza came out Hunt. Casa came out house. Then I switched from Spanish to french and from Casa Mon est monadorz I got: Put My is monadorz. caza mon eith monadorz came out with Mon = My but you already knew that.

Lucky
2007-08-28, 10:53 PM
Lucky, as I can see, doesn't, and I don't blame him.
What tipped you off? :smallannoyed:

Solo
2007-08-29, 05:51 AM
One thought that crossed my mind is, well.... what if some of this stuff is hallucinations?

Miklus
2007-08-29, 06:55 AM
I just remembered one...I saw this program about psycics and other crap :smallamused: and decided once and for all to find out if I had supernatural powers or not. I made up this little expiriment:

I would concentrate really really hard and try to flip a coin so it came up heads. Now, once was not going to be enough. I decided that I needed to get three in a row on the first, last and only try. The chances are, of couse ½*½*½*=1/8. I pulled it off :smalleek: Annoying, as the purpose of the experiment was to write off all this supernatural nonsense once and for all.

But 1 in 8 is not that unlikely. If I could make two more heads, the chances would drop to 1/32. That's about 3%, which is under the 5% that is normally concidered statistically significant. I made those two for a total of five.

I'm freaking out a this point, but I thought if I could make 7 in a row, the chances would be 1/128, less than 1% and that would be extremly unlikely to happen on the first and only try. So I flip the coin two more times and get two more heads. I could hardly belive my own eyes. :smalleek:

So I decide to go for 10 in a row. The chances are 1/1024, less than 0.1%. Unfortunatly for the story, the ninth attempt failed, so I only ever got to 8 in a row. So now I don't know what to think, am I psycic or just lucky?

Feel free to repeat my experiment, but remember, you only get one attempt. Ever. Anyone can get 10 in a row if they try enough times. Only the first and only try count.

Drascin
2007-08-29, 07:36 AM
All I've ever lost in that fashion are socks.

I say that there's a pocket dimension where lost socks, rings, and bouncy balls go to reside after they've grown tired of the mortal coil.

Who's with me?

That is correct. I have also noted that there are places more attuned with this dimension, as if the boundaries of reality were a bit weaker. This summer I carried six pairs of socks to my mom's house. Less than twenty days after that, I had one left, and that because I didn't wash them, instead stashing them paranoidly but safely after noticing the other dissapearances. Apparently, the washing machine in that house holds a portal to that dimension of lost socks.

Serpentine
2007-08-29, 09:02 AM
What tipped you off? :smallannoyed:
Enlist me in the ranks of the skeptical (skeptical, mind, not cynical). Especially with, and I really am sorry for this Koreku, excessive melodrama.

I wish I had something interesting to tell :smallfrown: I'm living in one of the oldest houses in town, and I've never heard anything more unusual than the rat in the roof (or maybe it's a poltergeist! WooOOooOOo! >insert Elan "oo" face< sorry, had to :smalltongue:). I think the old orphanage has a reputation for being haunted but, well, it was an orphanage. Maybe I should ask around about the convent...

Hmmm. Not really weird, but lucky, and along the lines that I think someone else has mentioned... When I was little, I was in the car with my family on a rainy night. I was sitting behind my mum, and my sister was asleep behind our dad, who was driving. We skidded off the road and into the bush. We passed within inches of trees that would've crushed my mother and I, then the first clearing we came to (and not until we got to a clearing), the car flipped, rolled three times, and landed right way up. Throughout it, dad had his hand on mum's and was telling us all that we were going to be alright. My sister didn't wake up 'til the second roll. The only injury was a small cut on mum's forehead. Damn lucky, that's all :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-29, 09:13 AM
A story that happened to me.
Basic facts:
I was six. I got a doll from my Granny as a present.
It was a 1.5 ft high plastic doll that walked and had a CD in the back so it could sing. It was mostly nursery rhymes.
One day the CD got scrathced so my mum took it out of the doll. Took out the batteries, switched off the doll for good measure and put it on top of my wardrobe.
The wardrobe was 3 inches away from me (I was in a bunkbead.) The doll was lying at a 45' angle. It was leaning against a heavy cardboard box, and it was 'looking' at my pillow.
In October, first week or so my Uncle visited. It was a windy day, warm for the time of year and a clear day and night.
Me, my brothers(same room as me) and my sister (parents' room) went to bed about six pm.
At abbout 10pm my mum and uncle were downstairs chatting. The TV and radio were off. As were the washing machine and tumble dryer.
They heard something upstairs.
Thinking it was one of us (the children they went into the hall and began walking upstairs.
About halfway up th stairs the noise clarified, it sounded like someone singing London Bridge Is Falling Down. It was coming from my room.
A bit creeped out they went into the room and tured the light on.
I was sitting bolt upright in bed very pale.
The doll was singing.
My shouted "Turn the f****** thing off now!"
My uncle ran across the room. The doll leaned forward.
He grabbed the doll and turned it around (still singing) to turn it off.
He went pale and said "There's no f******* batteries in it and the CD isn't in either. He turned the doll around to show my mum.
The doll stopped singing.
They took the doll downstairs to look it over; the CD and batteries were still in the kitchen drwaer yet something had made the doll sing.
Needless to say the doll was gone the next morning. I had bed dreams about that doll until I was eight.
Make of it what you will. Discuss, argue.

This is also in the Supernatural thread. Check it out, in there I've put things it couldn't be and other logical explanations that couldn't fit in with the experience. There's more weird things that've happened to me so maybe I'll post those later.

Tarken
2007-08-29, 01:57 PM
Here's 2 but the second is probably due to bad design , I was playing excite truck(on the same wii i'm typing from) and i awoke at the end of the race, first place, and i hadn't been able to beat that, i had been trying all day... just like that zone thing one of you mentioned

and i once recieved a laptop from my dad and it was old but working fine and after i changed the user name to (my name here) it froze up, the clock did even work and continued to do so to the day i decieded to kill it,
has anyone else noticed how strenous wii typing is

Rare Pink Leech
2007-08-29, 04:55 PM
That sounds exactly like a fossa. It makes sense that it wouldn't leave tracks, since they mostly travel by climbing trees. What doesn't make sense is that they live in Madagascar...

Well, people do keep exotic (and often illegal) pets, so if it was indeed a fossa, it's possible that someone nearby owned it and it got loose **shrugs**

(snip)
Feel free to repeat my experiment, but remember, you only get one attempt. Ever. Anyone can get 10 in a row if they try enough times. Only the first and only try count.

I don't think that your first and only time trying this counts. While it's true that if you flip the coin enough times you'll eventually get 10 in a row, the true measure is whether or not you can consistently get 10 in a row.

Iudex Fatarum
2007-08-29, 09:02 PM
OK so I'm not sure if people know the "Scientific" test for psychic powers. Its five cards shuffled and some are drawn as they draw the testor thinks about the card as hard as he can and attempts to project that thought. the person being tested then says what he thinks it is. the testor then puts in right and wrong piles but the person being tested doesn't know which is which, statisticly speaking you should expect to get 5 right, i got 14 when this was done.

I also have at some points felt that something was off with my friend haley, and so i called her about it and lo and behold she had been in some trajic accident about an hour before hand (i don't remember what it was, this was 5 years ago and i have a horrible memory)

I have also been able to emulate other people to a T. I even start to speak like them if i try hard enough.

Basicly thats about the extend of odd things in my life. my gf has quite a few more, she feels nervous quite a bit and at one point i took her to a camp i had been to two years before. it was a church camp called Rivendell, basicly it was set up as a place for thought and relaxation, a bit different form most camps, it was in the middle of the woods and no activities ever realy. she almost broke down crying cause she felt like it was peaceful and nothing bad had happened there. nothing has that any one knows of but it was a bit odd for her to be so overwhelmed by it, then she described one of my friends from the camp that i've never talked to her about, she has never met, ... that was a bit odd but meh

thats it for me. i'll let someone else draw what ever conclusions they might

Maerdred
2007-08-30, 12:08 PM
oh man I have so many things to add to this....

So, there's a Family photo of basically my entire family at my grandparent's old house. only my aunt isn't in it, and she's the one who took it. So, there's an attic window in view. There's someone in the window. It looks like my great grandfather. He had been dead 20 years before the photo was taken. other photos on the same day show nothing like it in that window.

It was creepy.

Then let's see. The Haunted graveyard in my town. I had No idea where it was, and as I drove with a friend to go pick up another friend, who apparently lives near it, I started to get really nervous. I was shaking, and kept getting the chills, and I had this feeling, I can't explain it, it's the feeling I get when I haven't eaten in a long time, but I usually don't associate it with hunger. It's in the back of my throat, it almost feels as if my throat is pulling away from itself. it dries out, and feels... cavernous. weird. so yeah I felt that way. and about 2o seconds later my friend says, "Oh hey, there's Blood Cemetery!" and I'm still feeling this and I look over and there's a fog over the snow covered graveyard that's glowing blue in the night, and I see what looks like a dog wandering through the GY.

It was the scariest thing I ever felt. I could see through the dog. and people have claimed that pets disappear near that GY, and it's off limits after dark (like most GY's in our area). Yeah so I think I felt the ghosts before I even knew we were near them. Creepy.

Umm. Let's see. in the third grade, I used to dream the day's events. Literally every day for like a month I had precognitive dreams. I would dream that something happened at school, and that next day, it would happen. it was like deja vu. Every day for a month or more. I'd tell people what I dreamed about and it would happen later in the day. and it wasn't like I tell my friend that he's going to give me $5 and then he would just to make me think I was psychic or anything. It would be something that someone else was going to do or whatever. I actually dreamed the Challenger explosion the night before it happened. That one made me scared. I thought I had caused it.