PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Book of the...Non-Damned?

Palanan
2017-10-06, 05:54 PM
So, Pathfinder is dropping a witch-themed book on Halloween, and the so-called Book of the Damned in just a few days’ time.

I assume this is Pathfinder’s answer to BVD from 3.5. Will Paizo also be doing a good-themed counterpart, along the lines of BoED?

Calthropstu
2017-10-06, 05:59 PM
If they do, it will likely be "The Book of the Blessed."

Coidzor
2017-10-06, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath.

OTOH, they are putting out a Construct-based sourcebook here soon. So there may be some chance of it.

Milo v3
2017-10-06, 07:25 PM
I hope they don't. I rather regret purchasing Book of the Damned, it's 98% worthless as an RPG-line product.

ATHATH
2017-10-06, 08:31 PM
If they do, I kind of hope that they'll bring Sanctified and Corrupt spells back. They were a neat mechanic/pair of mechanics.

Palanan
2017-10-06, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Milo v3
I rather regret purchasing Book of the Damned, it's 98% worthless as an RPG-line product.

Hmm. How so?

Milo v3
2017-10-06, 11:08 PM
If they do, I kind of hope that they'll bring Sanctified and Corrupt spells back. They were a neat mechanic/pair of mechanics.
They wouldn't. Book of the Damned is a RPG-line reprint of the Campaign Setting line Book of the Damned, so a good version would be a reprint of Chronicles of the Righteous which as far as I can remember does not have Sanctified or Corrupt spells.

Hmm. How so?
I don't play golarion, and 98% of the book is useless if you don't play Golarion (and even then, you must really really want descriptions on thirty-billion different demon-lords). It shouldn't be an RPG-line book, it's a campaign setting book that that they basically just republished from three Campaign Setting-line books.

Sayt
2017-10-07, 01:49 AM
If they do, it will likely be "The Book of the Blessed."

In fact, the good themed book would be the Chronicles of the Righteous, and the Neutral book would be the Concordance of Rivals, each is an insetting book made by the Angel Tabris

They've already printed a Chronicles of the Righteous in the campaign setting line, although it is a shorted book, but with similar content: information of the Empyreal Lords (the Good equivalent of Archfiends), and obedience boons and a PRC for their followers.

Personally, I'd rather see a Concordance of Rivals book, as I think they could do to flesh out proteans and inevitables morel.