PDA

View Full Version : Ethereal Winds - Chapter One: Adrift on Astral Tides

Arkvoodle
2017-10-07, 02:29 AM
Chapter One: Adrift on Astral Tides

The silence that follows the chaos of the storm is almost as deafening as the wind, thunder and rain. The sudden stillness of the ship is shocking. For a moment it seems like all sense has gone, no sound, no touch of the wind, no smell of the sea, and the only sight is a strange silvery, mist-like expanse in all directions. As things calm down, the confused and fearful mutterings of the remaining crew penetrate the silence.

Three confused members of the crew wander the deck as if in a daze, staring out at the vast, empty expanse or taking stock of the damage to the Oracle Wind's rigging, mast, and hull. One is a half-elf woman known as Jenna, the ships cook. One is a dwarf called Hargon, the ship's quartermaster, and the last is a younger man the other sailors called Knot, who usually worked the rigging. There are no signs that anyone else besides these three and the group remain.

A dozen sailors lie dead on the deck, and another half dozen seem to be missing, possibly tossed overboard before the jarring transition to this new location, or lost somewhere between the Midnight Sea and this silvery expanse. The ship lists a bit to port, as if there is a hole somewhere below decks letting water in, even though there doesn't seem to be any water.

The Oracle Wind bobs up and down gently on what seems to be the surface of a sea of silvery vapor. Below the ship the mist grows too dense to see through. No wind stirs what remains of the sails, but the battered hull creaks and groans just as if it were sitting in the waters of the Midnight Sea, and the mist curls and flows at roughly the same level as the sea would, thinning above that line. The air is cool, but no unpleasantly, and there is a smell reminiscent of an oncoming thunderstorm, but no sign of any weather the group is familiar with.

Above and around the ship the sky, if that is what it can be called here, consists of a vast dome of glittering stars. Tiny points of brilliant light glimmering like priceless gems on a blanket of velvet black and deep purple. The stars vary wildly in size, from the tiniest pin points in the black, to dazzling fist sized diamonds that shimmer and sparkle. Along the horizon of the silvery mist, a vast nebula swirls through the sky like a coiled dragon of infinite jewels.

Jrpergande78
2017-10-07, 08:41 AM
Used to storms, Nadaar steps onto the deck. This was by far the worst storm she had ever been through.. True she was born during the worst storm her Marshland had ever known, but this...She looks around. She hadn't been this shaken up over anything before and she was very sick to her stomach. She was able to compose herself as she silently bolster herself to prevent herself from throwing up.

Nadaar was curious about the storm and how it just suddenly appeared and the just stop. What more she was curious about where she was at.

That was..some storm. she said to no one in particular trying to hide the quaver in her voice. She was no longer able to hold her meal in and shakely ran to the side where she promptly threw up. After a moment she gathered herself and sat down back to the rails.

Great Old One, where did we end up at?
I don't recognize this sky.

braven
2017-10-07, 10:55 AM
It is with staggered steps that Huron makes his way out onto the deck, stumbling toward the side of it with a look of the ill to his face. He catches himself against that side wall, scaled hands clutching at the wood. And then his eyes widen at the mist that gathers below. Still ill in the gut, he heaves a few times, a hand rising to rub the back of his neck as he regains control of his senses. "Where's the..." he says as he turns back. For the first time, outside the haze of illness, he takes note of the number of dead sailors on the deck. He is using the side of the ship for balance again, eyes widened in the scarcely-noticeable manner of his kind. "Gods." Somehow the new ending to his words doesn't seem so out of place.

miinstrel
2017-10-07, 03:01 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/02/6b/77026b08f33fb0b4a35434553c4fccc8.jpg
Alofael (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1340169)
CG Half-Elf Paladin (Ancients) 3
Size: M | Speed: 30 ft. | Senses: Passive Perception 13
Initiative: +0 | Armor Class: 16 | Hit Dice: 3d10+2 | Hit Points: 36/36
Affected by: None | Conditions: None
Unlike some of the others, Alofael was above deck when it happened. Men flew like rags in the wind, and he was lucky to have found purchase with a solidly bound rope or he too might have been pitched overboard. And into what sea did those poor lads fall? The Midnight or... this? As the stunned silence faded and his bewildered senses returned, Alofael slowly released the rope and walked to the edge of the ship to peer into the silvery depths. There were no bodies in the water. No cries for help. The ship groaned, and Alofael looked down at the railing he was holding to see if it was still solid. Beneath that, a trickle of blood flowed with starts and stops as the deck rose and fell in the sway. It touched his boot, continuing around the edge before tumbling over the edge and dropping into the mist beneath them.

Alofael's eyes traced to its source and saw one of the crew, a female dwarf, had struck her head in the storm and now lie unconscious on the deck. He moved with slow determination, toward her, focused on this one reality. A wounded companion. Placing his gloved hand on her head, he concentrated some of his divine energy into her to staunch the bleeding, but she did not stir. With a grim face, his hand passed over hers closing her eyes.

"May they be with us now," the half-elf replied to Huron with gravity. Turning to Knot, the closest of the three sailors, he asks, "What happened?" as though expecting a seasoned answer from the youngest among them.

Spending 1 LoH on the dead crew member

puzzler7
2017-10-07, 08:06 PM
Alfyre curls in the corner above deck, clutching his panflute tightly. He mutters to himself incoherently, unused to even normal storms. This isn't happening ... this is just a normal storm ... why couldn't I have taken a different ship ... I'd like to see the king now, please ... you can stop torturing me now ... this can't be real ...

As the rocking stops, Alfyre staggers to his feet. Glancing over the deck, seeing the stars and sky replaced with ...silver mist... seems to much for him, and he leans over the rail, expecting to throw up. He holds on for a moment, then vomits over the edge before collapsing on the deck.

DC 15 Fort save: [roll0]

braven
2017-10-08, 09:22 PM
Huron shakes his head of those concerns for now, and gets a fair move on. He mills among the fallen sailors of the ship, reaching out a hand to touch and try to save those he may, if any still have a chance. Only when he has finished this round of the deck does he stop near the railing again, staring solemnly out at the endless mist and blackness with a sort of silent panic in his eyes. "The gods of light have heard our souls cry out for them, for surely we had come to walk the fields of luminescence," he whispers, the words coming out in shaky, halting bursts.

Huron attempts to stabilize those on the deck, for whatever good it does.

Arkvoodle
2017-10-09, 03:12 AM
With the exception of the three crew members who are on their feet, none of the crew have any life in them and are far beyond saving. Some of them show obvious injuries that account for their deaths, but most seem to have just dropped to the deck where they were standing and died without any obvious cause.

When Alofael speaks to Knot the young crewman jumps a bit as if coming out of a daze. Looking around he scratches at the mop of sandy blond hair on his head and shrugs, "I dunno sir. Aint like nuthin I seen before..." his words are quiet and quiver with barely restrained fear.

Nearby Jenna gazes around the deck of bodies with a distant, haunted look in her eyes. She sits on her knees, hands fidgeting with the hem of her shirt as tears rim her eyes. She appears to be in shock and has not moved or spoken in several minutes.

Hargon meanwhile has been searching the ship. When the dwarven quartermaster returns to the deck he heaves a sigh, "No sign of the captain or the first mate, not even their bodies. They must have gone over the side in the storm," he reports to those gathered on the deck, Ship's taken some serious damage too," he points up at the tangled mess of rigging and torn sails to emphasize his point, "Sails are all but gone and there's a hole in the cargo hold that's letting this mist leak in. I don't know if we can sink in this, but I'm not keen to find out."

braven
2017-10-09, 10:21 AM
Huron turns his head toward the quartermaster, but only a tad. The silvery mists beyond the ship hypnotize, mesmerize. "What can we do about that?" His voice comes up to a more audible level. "I see no port for repairs. I see nothing." There is no hysteria in his voice, no panic. Only a bit of somber to it. He begins to stride in a pace down the railing, staring out into the forever of this sea of stars.

"So impossible. And yet...so beautiful," he remarks.

Jrpergande78
2017-10-09, 11:23 AM
Looking around after not getting an answer from her Patron, Typical, only speaks to me on his terms... Nadaar gets up slowly but shakely and begins to make her way to the small group just in time to hear about the damages.

Looking down at Jenna, Nadaar try to put her bravest face forward like her oldest sister used to do and kneels beside her.

It'll be ok. Somehow this will get better, let us be brave together and help each other out.

Nadaar's voice was surprisingly strong as she hoped it would, but as she stood up and put her hand out to help Jenna up her hand was shaking.

miinstrel
2017-10-09, 11:50 AM
The quartermaster's news was... troubling? It was hard to tell. But if one thing was certain, Hargon was right: they couldn't afford to lose what was left of the ship. He follows the finger up to the jumbled rigging. "Knot, think you can still climb up there? Try to undo some of those tangles?"
Adding to Huron and Hargon's discussion he adds, "Is the mist dangerous?" concern mixed in with the curiosity. This was obviously virgin territory for the lot of them, but maybe the old sailor knew more or had touched it. "There has to be something we can use to patch the hole. How big is it?" He had no clue what to do. But as he'd learned over the years, that wasn't always the most important thing. Sometimes you just needed to do anything with confidence.

puzzler7
2017-10-10, 03:26 PM
As Alfyre hears the news of the hole in the hull, he chuckles to himself. All your life, you specialized in getting ahead through illusions. And now, no matter what you can conjure up, what you can make the crew believe, none of your trickery can patch that hole. And down we go. Congratulations, Alfyre. Here lies a man of many names, an unnamed man, dead of incompetence.

He stands up and takes off his richly decorated jacket. Walking over to Hargon, he hesitantly offers it as a sacrifice, a token penance. "If nothing else, you may be able to use this to patch that hole. I know it's only fabric, but it's pretty thick, and it might help."

I have 2 sets of fine clothes, giving one up right now.

Vozen
2017-10-11, 03:19 AM
Not long after the survivors inspected the deck, one of the 'corpses' in the corner groaned and lurch to her feet. The half-elf woman was more that a bit scuffled and disoriented, but seemed to be rapidly recovering her wits. "Didn't think I had enough to drink last night to make the whole world disappear..." she mutters, not a morning person in the slightest. This girl, Valaira, stood nearby and recovered her wits while everyone talked, nodding while rubbing her forehead.

As the subject of the leak came up, Valaira got a look of inspiration. "One moment! I have just the thing for this!" and with that, she yanked open the nearby backpack that she always kept at hand. Some shuffling of items later, she emerged with a handful of pitons held triumphantly aloft. "Here, we can nail our fabric of choice into the hull with these, it should hold them secure. We can use a piece of torn sail...or fine expensive clothes, if that's what you all have you're hearts set on."

puzzler7
2017-10-12, 05:39 PM
Hearing that he may be able to keep his jacket, Alfyre immediately puts it back on.

"Is there a way us laymen can help? I'm only here to make a fortune as a merchant; I've little skill in magic, and even less with boats. I can heal some minor injuries, but past that I don't know how much I'll be able to help."

Jrpergande78
2017-10-13, 03:56 PM
Nadaar listens as talk about the ship's repair is in progress. She timidly turns and looks at the rest of the group.

If...if I can help please let me know. I don't know much about ship's, or building or repairs, but I can follow directions pretty good. I... I don't think my magic would be of much use in repairing the ship's though.

The color of Nadaar's scales is still a lightly paler bronze, and she's still uncertain about what has happened, but she still waits for her Patron to speak to her, perhaps let her know where they are at least.

puzzler7
2017-10-13, 10:30 PM
Alfyre's stomach quiets as he walks around a bit, and he soon grows anxious. I guess I did ask for an adventure, an escape from boredom... I just didn't think that that escape would be slow and painful death. Pushing down to the bottom of the ship, he begins asking questions.

"How bad is it? What is this mist? Does it burn? Does it feel like water? Will we sink in it? Can we fix the hull?"

Arkvoodle
2017-10-14, 01:02 AM
The dwarven quartermaster scratches the back of his head at the suggestions for patching the hole in the hull, "I don't know anything about this mist stuff we're sitting in, but it doesn't seem to be as heavy as water. The patch might hold, but it's not going to be a permanent solution. We need to find a way to get this ship moving and find a port," he looks out at the expanse of mist and stars surrounding the ship, ""If something like that exists out here," he laments.

While the group discusses ship repair, Jenna slowly stands and heads for the stairs, "I...I need to check the galley..." she says, though she doesn't seem to be speaking to anyone in particular and stares straight ahead. Knot climbs into the rigging to assess the situation, trying to untangle some of the rope and pulling free the torn and useless sections of sail, letting it drop to the deck. After several minutes of work, the young crewman stops and squints at the horizon. Then he shouts, "SAILS!! There's a ship on the horizon!" he waves excitedly and points to the stern of the ship.

miinstrel
2017-10-14, 11:35 AM
Alofael is bundling up the heavy fabric to take below when Knot calls out. He pauses a minute looking back and forth unsure of which way 'stern' is but soon following the veteran sailors' eyes off the rear of the ship. There's a moment of elation followed by a subtle feeling of dread. "Did anyone else see the ships in the sky in our own realm? They looked vicious... We should be prepared. Does everyone have arms?" Calling up to the mast he asks, "Knot, how long until they're upon us?"

"We should get the hole patched before they arrive if we can."

Arkvoodle
2017-10-15, 12:07 AM
Knot shields his eyes with one hand, more out of habit than any need to shade his vision as there is no sun here. He seems to consider for a moment then calls down, "Hard to say with no wind. I'm not even sure how they're moving. But we have maybe an hour before they get close," the young crewman seems perplexed and unsure.

Jrpergande78
2017-10-15, 05:05 PM
Hearing the news and realizing the truth behind Knot's words, Nadaar began to worry. I wonder how they are moving.

How can we help?

Nadaar stands fast and waits for orders.

Great Old One, if you hear me then tell me where we are?

puzzler7
2017-10-16, 02:48 AM
Alfyre stares off into the distance. He instinctively raises his panflute, as though about to play a song or cast a spell.

"I'm not a fighter. I may be able to convince them to leave us alone, but we may be dealing with otherworldly creatures here! Hopefully they either ignore us, or are friendly. Arms or no, I don't think we have much of a chance if they want us dead."

miinstrel
2017-10-16, 08:16 AM
"If that's the case I plan to go down fighting, not sinking." Alofael bundles up the large piece of torn canvas from the sail, collects the pitons from Valaira, and makes his way below deck to see about patching up the hole. As he approaches the mist he gives it a cautious sniff and dips his hand into it to see if it's safe before wading in to reach the hull and start pounding away keeping the sheet as taught as possible.

Arkvoodle
2017-10-16, 11:27 PM
Hargon accompanies Alofael into the hold to patch the hole in the hull, helping him hold the sail tight while it is pinned into place. The mist swirls around the two men as they work but seems to be harmless. It is neither cold nor warm, and seems to have no weight to it. It does leave a layer of glistening moisture on everything it touches. A wet sheer that glitters with all the colors of the rainbow.

Up on deck Knot slides back down the rigging looking frightened, "I...I ain't no fighter," he admits, and it's clear the boy doesn't know what to do, looking around at the much more capable group for leadership. Meanwhile Jenna has disappear below deck, presumably to the ship's kitchen.

puzzler7
2017-10-16, 11:40 PM
Alfyre grabs a spyglass laying about, hoping it wasn't broken in the storm. He rushes to the back of the boat and tries to figure out how the approaching ships are moving without wind.

"Perhaps if we can figure out how those ships are moving, we can do the same, and at least have some control over our fates. Knot, will any of the navigational equipment work without the stars?"

A d20 roll: [roll0]

I'm not sure what skill mod to add to that. Perception is +5, Insight is +3, Investigation is +1.

miinstrel
2017-10-20, 09:57 AM

The hole patched, Alofael looks around and realizes the mist inside is still present - how how to get it out of the ship? Grabbing a nearby bucket he tries to scoop some up and maybe carry it up to the deck to dump over the side. While he's topside he asks "Can anyone conjure a good strong wind and maybe blow the mist out of the hold? Or even better, into whatever sails remain? Knot, if we had a breeze do we have enough sail to take advantage of it?"

Come on, people... standing around like scarecrows when there's work to be done.

puzzler7
2017-10-21, 05:23 PM
Unable to discern anything through the spyglass, Alfyre drops it, frustrated. Turning to Alofael, he says, "My minor abilities could do little more than breathing on the sails. It may be possible to heat this mist in some sort of container, as though it were water. When the mist escapes the container, it would push our ship forward. Of course, I've only heard of this, and it works on water, not these cursed mists, but it's better than sitting around waiting to be devoured by that ship."

He runs below deck, captures a bit of the mist in a vial, and heats the vial with a small fire, before returning to the party to report his findings.

Claiming this knowledge as IC as a con Alfyre once ran was offering to sell a steam engine to a foolish noble. Of course, he knew little more than the basic principles of such an engine, and he has no idea what happens when you heat mist with a fire.

Casting prestidigitation to make a small fire with scrap fabric on something appropriately fireproof, which he will snuff if it gets too large.

Arkvoodle
2017-10-22, 01:39 AM
Through the spyglass Alfyre can see that the ship approaching appears to be a very ornate galleon of some sort sporting many spines and long, sweeping beams. It has no less than eight masts arrayed along it's deck and extending from its hull, but the sails do not appear to be made of cloth, but rather some kind of filmy material that shimmers gold against the mist.

At Alofael's question Knot shrugs, "I suppose. There's still a bit of sail left, but I don't know how things work here. Might be that no amount of wind will move us," the young crewman is obviously just guessing.

puzzler7, when you light your fire are you standing on the deck or down in the hold where the mist has gathered? How long do you heat the vial?

miinstrel
2017-10-22, 10:27 AM

Unsure of what else to do, Alofael waits and watches as the ship approaches their stranded vessel. When it comes within range he closes his eyes and concentrates on the symbol of Pelor around his neck, focusing his senses on the other ship to see what passengers it may be carrying.

Using Divine Sense to detect any Celestial/Fiend/Undead within 60 ft once the ship comes within range.

Jrpergande78
2017-10-22, 11:47 AM
Nadaar looks over at Knot.
I'm not able to do much in a way to help repair the ship... however, I can help in the defense of the ship should it come to that.

Nadaar wasn't completely sure what was happening, but she would not be stranded or killed until she finds and takes the artifact she was sent to find. She walks over to get as close to the coming ship and waits for it to get close enough to see someone, anyone on board, and begins to try to read their mind.
Detect Thoughts-Casting Time: 1 action Range; Self Components: V, 5, M (a copper piece) Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute For the duration, you can read the thoughts of certain creatures. When you cast the spell and as your action on each turn until the spell ends, you can focus your mind on any one creature that you can see within 30 feet of you. if the creature you choose has an Intelligence of 3 or lower or doesn't speak any language, the creature is unaffected. You initially learn the surface thoughts of the creature—what is most on its mind in that moment. As an action, you can either shift your attention to another creatures thoughts or attempt to probe deeper into the same creature's mind. If you probe deeper, the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. If it fails, you gain insight into its reasoning (if any), its emotional state, and something that looms large in its mind (such as something it worries over, loves, or hates). If it succeeds, the spell ends. Either way, the target knows that you are probing into its mind, and unless you shift your attention to another creature's thoughts, the creature can use its action on its turn to make an lntelligence check contested by your Intelligence check; if it succeeds, the spell ends. Questions verbally directed at the target creature naturally shape the course of its thoughts, so this spell is particularly effective as part of an interrogation. You can also use this spell to detect the presence of thinking creatures you can't see. When you cast the spell or as your action during the duration, you can search for thoughts within 30 feet of you. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 2 feet of rock, 2 inches of any metal other than lead, or a thin sheet of lead blocks you. You can't detect a creature with an Intelligence of 3 or lower or one that doesn't speak any language. Once you detect the presence of a creature in this way, you can read its thoughts for the rest of the duration as described above, even if you can't see it, but it must still be within range. I'm looking to see if they're friendly or not,
to determine what they're planning.

puzzler7
2017-10-24, 11:04 PM
Alfyre patiently waits for the mists to react to the heat.

Arkvoodle
2017-10-27, 06:46 AM
As the strange ship approaches, Alofael is unable to detect any fiendish, celestial or undead on board it. Likewise, Nadaar is unable to detect any thoughts, as he can not see anyone on deck and the spell requires a target to be within sight for him to focus on.

Meanwhile Alfyre conducts his experiment with the mist. He heats the vial until the glass begins to glow cherry red. When it does there is a sudden bang as the mist erupts and shatters the vial, exploding in a small fireball that scorches his hand. (Alfyre takes 5 damage)

The small explosion apparently triggers something on the other ship as there are suddenly alarm bells and the deck is flooded with tall, green skinned humanoids. When they appear Nadaar is hit by overwhelming surface thoughts of fear and shock. When he focuses on one persons mind looking for deeper thoughts he gets impressions of anger as well, but not hostility. The being seems most concerned with stopping him and the rest of the group from lighting any more fires as quickly as possible.

The crew of the strange ship launch ropes with grappling hooks across the gap and begin to secure the two ships together, laying boarding planks across the rails. In moments, a dozen tall, slender humanoids with yellow-green skin, sharp features and pointed ears rush across. They do not have weapons drawn, but each carries a sword on their belt. They search the deck frantically, and a pair of them head below deck as well. They smash lanterns and break torches where ever they find them, even though none of them are lit.

While the strange crew work to eliminate any source of fire on the ship, another individual mounts the boarding plank and walks across. This man, though similar in appearance to the rest of his crew, walks with a regal air and confidence that clearly marks him as the captain of the strange vessel. He stops, standing on the railing of the ship and regards the group, "Who is captain of this ship?" he asks in a strange accent.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/9a/a1/f9/9aa1f95beb5ea16dc46dd0245de83965.jpg

miinstrel
2017-10-27, 09:50 AM

As the creatures swarm out, Alofael draws his hammer and shield and assumes a defensive posture in the center of their ship, placing himself somewhere between most of his crew and the newcomers. "Our ship was damaged in a storm, but we'll not be taken easily!" he shouts as the green-skinned humanoids begin their boarding procedures. When they approach with sheathed weapons and more or less ignore his posturing his stance stiffens in surprise. "Hey!" he shouts as the glass frame of a lantern crackles along the deck, but they carried on their business.

With confusion Alofael watches their non-violent movements, and is caught slightly off guard when armor-laden captain finally speaks. Looking at the other passengers of their vessel, his eyes lock with Hargon's for a moment and he sees fear in the old sailor's eyes. Despite being the most senior sailor here, he seemed to claim no rightful ownership of the vessel and remained silent. Turning to face the strange creature, Alofael lowers his arms. "I am," he replies, taking a step forward, his chest somewhat puffed. "Alofael Scaleguard, paladin of the Lord of Light. Our ship was caught up in a great storm, and we find ourselves in unfamiliar waters... mists... whatever this is." There is a wary look in his eye, and he avoids stepping too close to their visitors. "The hull was damaged, and we would be grateful for any assistance you can provide to keep our ship afloat. Or better yet, information on how we return home." There's a note of fear and uncertainty in the request despite his best efforts to hide it.

Jrpergande78
2017-10-27, 10:38 AM
Trying to keep a calm demeanor, Nadaar walks up next to Alofael. She listens as he tries to explain their situation.
Our ship was hot by a violent and unusual storm. When it calmed we found ourselves here.
We are lost and have know idea what any of this is. You appear to be friendly and any aide you can give us will help. We have a few questions that you could perhaps help us with.

Nadaar is nervous more than scared and it clearly shows. But then she had learned how to hide her fear. Growing up in her clan fear was a sign of weakness, and weakness was a reason for sacrifice.

Arkvoodle
2017-10-29, 02:56 AM
The green skinned captain presses two fingers to the bridge of his nose in obvious exasperation, "Dirt kickers," he sighs, speaking more to himself than to the group, "I suspected this ship wasn't a proper spelljamming vessel, but I had hoped the crew would at least know where they were. You lot must be the most unlucky bastards to ever haul sail if you were dropped here by mere chance," looking up at Alofael he takes a deep breath, "Very well. My name is Captain Zhaofei, and you are adrift in the astral sea. I suggest you refrain from lighting any more fires while you are here. The smallest spark could set the mists a blaze like the very fires of damnation and kill us all," he explains, Now then, ask your questions and I'll see if I can educate you."

Jrpergande78
2017-10-30, 02:17 PM
Without thinking too much a flood of questions came to mind.

What is a spelljammer vessel? How does it work? Why is the mist flammable? How did we end up in the Astral Sea? What or Who else are here?

Nadaar couldn't contain her curiosity and excitement about learning new magical things, and it shows.

miinstrel
2017-10-30, 07:41 PM

Alofael's eyebrow quirks, as though he's trying to decide if this green-skinned creature were pulling his leg or not. Entire ships didn't just shift into the Astral Sea... did they? He'd certainly never heard of such a thing. Though it was hard to argue with the current scenery. He listens as Nadaar unleashes her torrent of questions, and as she finally breathes after the last one Alofael interjects with the one question that truly matters. "How do we get home?"

He had no need to be here. The most adventure he'd hoped for on this journey was a trip to the capital. Maybe an audience with one of the king's advisors or city planners. There were people back home that relied on him and he was determined to get back.

puzzler7
2017-11-01, 12:16 PM
Alfyre curses as the vial explodes. Picking small bits of glass and charred skin off his hand, he turns to the other captain.

"So it would seem fire is a bit more dangerous here. How do move your ships without winds or oars?"

Sorry for the delays, I've been sick on top of being busy.