PDA

View Full Version : Frost Giant Stats for a PC

Guinea Anubis
2007-08-15, 06:39 AM
I was wondering is there a Frost Giant template?

What I came up with based on the Stone and Hill giant ones

+19 Strength, +8 Constitution, +3 Wisdom.

Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.

Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.

A Frost giant’s base land speed is 40 feet.

low-light vision.

Immunity to cold,vulnerability to fire

Racial Hit Dice: A Frost giant begins with fourteen levels of giant, which provide 14d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +10, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +9, Ref +4, and Will +4.

Racial Skills: A stone giant’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 17 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Craft (any one), Intitmidate, Jump, and Spot. A stone giant has a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks in Icey terrain.

Racial Feats: A Frost giant’s giant levels give it five feats.

+9 natural armor bonus.

Special Attacks (see above): Rock throwing.

Special Qualities (see above): Rock catching.

Automatic Languages: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.

Favored Class: Barbarian.

Level adjustment +4.

yango
2007-08-15, 08:36 AM
First of all, this is a race, not a template. A template is applied on top of an existing race.

Second of all, IIRC there are stats for Frost Giants already, though I forget what book they're from, and they're similar to the ones you presented.

Krrth
2007-08-15, 09:00 AM
Don't forget about any racial HD. That will add to the "level" of the PC.

Swooper
2007-08-15, 09:10 AM
Eh? Between the 14 racial HD and +4 LA, it's not really playable before epic, and by that time, even a samurai will laugh at you for ineffectiveness.

FireSpark
2007-08-15, 10:32 AM
I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure the monstrous progression for the frost (and fire) giant can be found in the Savage Species book.

Fax Celestis
2007-08-15, 11:47 AM
Frost Giants as a PC Race:
Str +18, Dex -2, Con +10, Wis +2
Frost Giants are Giants with the Cold subtype. This means that spells and effects that specifically target humanoids do not affect them. Also, they are immune to cold damage and the effects of cold weather, but take an extra +50% from fire and heat sources.
Large size.
Frost Giants start with 14 Giant HD. This gives them a base BAB of +10, saves of Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4, and skill points equal to 17*(2+Int). Their class skills are Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, and Spot. Due to their HD and their LA, Frost Giants are ECL 18 creatures.
Frost Giants are proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
Frost Giants possess Low-Light Vision.
Frost Giants begin with 9 points of Natural Armor.
Frost Giants can use the Rock Throwing and Rock Catching abilities that all giants share, and their range increment for their thrown rocks is 120 ft.
Level Adjustment: +4