PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pathfinder Player Help? Choosing a color for a Glassteel Blade Artifact

sage20500
2017-10-07, 04:40 AM
Pretty much what the title says, I'm trying to come up with a color to use for the artifact Katana that a gm in an upcoming game is having me start with.

So the name of the blade is supposed to be Tsuki in'ei, which roughly translates to Moonlit Shadow in english. The idea being is that I'm playing a stalker like character that mixes illusions with backstabbing opponents. The character is being played as a genki blood knight manslayer, and at the start of the game, has a relative notoriety as being known as the Scarlet Wraith (wears a mixture of blade and red between her clothing and the sweet a** leather trench coat that she gets from being an Edgelord Harbinger (apparently said coat can be any color you'd like it to be so long as it's a shade of black or red.) and is seen by the general populace as a being of calamity since she is known for appearing on the fields of battle in order to seek out strong warriors to fight against and tends to cut down anyone that tries to interfere.

General color idea I'm trying to shoot for is something that would trigger a rush of anxiety, fear, or unease in most people, since the way the gm has been building up my characters role in the setting has been towards a vibe of most people now normally think twice before going into armed conflict because they are afraid of the possibility of running into her.

Anyone got any good color ideas? X) So far aside from the default stereotype of it being some shade of blade or red, all I've thought of is the possibility of it being a Dark Jade Green color thats been stained with crimson

noob
2017-10-07, 04:54 AM
Rainbow colored edge and the rest of the blade dripping with human faces and eyes.

Fizban
2017-10-07, 08:19 AM
Edgelord Harbinger
Wait, did someone actually write a class called the Edgelord? *slowclap*

Glass katana? Everyone knows glass weapons are green, though you need a mod to add glass katanas. If your blade still has blood on it, you look like a chump who can't take care of a sword. Unless they know it's because of some magic thing that makes the blood never go away.

DrMotives
2017-10-07, 08:35 AM

Glass katana? Everyone knows glass weapons are green, though you need a mod to add glass katanas. If your blade still has blood on it, you look like a chump who can't take care of a sword. Unless they know it's because of some magic thing that makes the blood never go away.

I tried to imagine what a glass katana with blood flowing inside it would look like, and I think it'd be a bloody sword-shaped lava lamp. So unless you want a character based on a painted velvet black-light Jim Morrison poster samurai, I'd suggest keeping your glass blade blood-free.

Also, weird note. Firefox spellcheck has no idea what "katana" means, but suggests "katakana". I would have thought the opposite more likely.

sage20500
2017-10-07, 02:07 PM

Its in a dreamscarred press april augment, same one that has anbu lancer for medic and the MAD man monk.

According to the psrd, glassteel can apparently become any color, and normally people choose to have it be clear. Also i probably should have been more clear, its not that it still has blood on it, but more of a redish tint to it that blends into the green, sort of like the blue wave like effect you can get from tempering

Deophaun
2017-10-07, 02:34 PM
Anyone got any good color ideas? X) So far aside from the default stereotype of it being some shade of blade or red, all I've thought of is the possibility of it being a Dark Jade Green color thats been stained with crimson
The problem with green and red is you now have a Christmas blade.

Since it's the Moonlit Shadow, have it reflect the color of the moon. So, some nights it's silver, other it's red, others, it's black.

noob
2017-10-07, 02:50 PM
Still it can take a color of your choice so it can be rainbow colored or colored as a densely packed array of human eyes?

Nifft
2017-10-07, 02:50 PM
There are several conflicting truths.

- Green is objectively the best color, therefore just make it green.

- Moonlight is often described as pale silver, and silver is often more cool tones (e.g. frosty blue & violet). Therefore it should be cool, wintry tones.

- The Moon changes how bright or shadowy it is from night to night. Since this sword is somehow tied to the moon's shadow, it gets brighter as the moon darkens, glowing like a torch on the nights of the new moon, and black as the void between stars on the nights of the full moon.

- The Moon is made of cheese, therefore the sword is the color of cheese.

noob
2017-10-07, 02:54 PM
There are several conflicting truths.

- Green is objectively the best color, therefore just make it green.

- Moonlight is often described as pale silver, and silver is often more cool tones (e.g. frosty blue & violet). Therefore it should be cool, wintry tones.

- The Moon changes how bright or shadowy it is from night to night. Since this sword is somehow tied to the moon's shadow, it gets brighter as the moon darkens, glowing like a torch on the nights of the new moon, and black as the void between stars on the nights of the full moon.

- The Moon is made of cheese, therefore the sword is the color of cheese.
It is so true.
But it can take any color we wish so it can take a color that is all those colors at the same time.
It is not written "the colors of the blade must follow logic" so we can take colors that do not exists in our human like logic.

Nifft
2017-10-07, 02:57 PM
It is so true.
But it can take any color we wish so it can take a color that is all those colors at the same time.
It is not written "the colors of the blade must follow logic" so we can take colors that do not exists in our human like logic.

Indeed.

Ooo, one more:

- The moon's shadow is actually a euphemism for the tides, which do kinda follow the moon. Therefore the sword's color changes from light to dark and back again depending on the tide.

Malimar
2017-10-07, 03:01 PM
Rainbow colored edge and the rest of the blade dripping with human faces and eyes.
This is such a good suggestion I'm going to steal it right now.

Deophaun
2017-10-07, 03:16 PM
The blade is the color of gamma rays. You melt in its presence.