PDA

View Full Version : Brutally Belligerent Bugbear Barbarian Build

ghost_warlock
2017-10-07, 08:12 PM
One of the my current characters is a multiclass bugbear (reskinned as a gnoll) barbarian and I'm interested in some thoughts for how to progress the character.

Currently, he's 9th level, with 7 levels of totem barbarian (bear @ 4th, wolf @ 6th), 1 level of fighter (two-weapon fighting style), and 1 level of rogue (expertise in Perception and Survival). He fights dual-wielding rapiers (reskinned as bladed gauntlets).

In this game, characters gain both a feat and the standard +2 to stats whenever their class grants them an ASI. I chose Dual-Wielder at barb4. The character also received the Stealthy feat from UA from a pact with a devil.

We rolled for stats and he's currently sitting at Str 19, Dex 19, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13.

The next time we level, I'm going barbarian 8 to take the Brawny feat and spend the ASIs on Dex & Con, to max all three. Later, I planned on Resilient (Wisdom) and Observant to max out Wisdom.

Initially, I had planned on a final build of barbarian 16/fighter 3 (champion)/rogue 1. I'm aware that the rogue level isn't optimal, but I'm the party tracker so I wanted expertise to synergy with wolf totem and Reckless Attacker can pretty much guarantee I get the bit of Sneak Attack damage every round.

Since we get a feat and the ability boosts whenever we get an ASI, I'm wondering if it might be better to challenge the conventional wisdom and end up as barbarian 9/fighter 10 (champion)/rogue 1 or maybe barbarian 8/fighter 11 (battle master)/rogue 1 if I wasn't going to worry about crit fishing.

What (if any) feats would make going deeper into fighter competitive with barbarian levels?