PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Pathfinder] Build Help; Optimizing a Battle herald and leadership.

Steamwitch
2017-10-08, 08:23 PM
Hello Giants! this will be my first post and hopefully many more to come. I just recently obtained a full unit of Privateer Press Halberdiers. I plan on using them to make a battle Herald who focuses on using leadership to gain followers and make a small militia. I would like it to try to utilize teamwork feats as well as the Bardic and battle herald buffs. I plan on giving every dude his own basic armor and a reach weapon like a Halbred (Halbred don't actually have reach sadly.) Another thought depending on the weapons would be to take advantage of trips and disarm. I may be thinking of too many things at once. But that's why I'm here. If I need to trim the fat so be it.

The PC is a charismatic leader who wants to establish a guild house of pikeman. One item I'm getting to start is a portable fort. Our GM is letting me count it toward a leadership bonus for havein g a guild hall. Books allowed are all but the Psyonics and no homebrew. There can be exceptions made for fluffy or build reasons. If I missed anything please let me know. I have never played with reach weapons so I'm at a loss to what to use. I'm not a fan of the spiked chain as the models use a long arm. We are playing primarily 3.5 I'm only allowed to use Pathfinder if there is no 3.5 equivalent available