PDA

View Full Version : XboX (original) game reccomendations.

Gnoman
2017-10-08, 09:06 PM
I've recently picked up an original Xbox from a thrift store, and don't know the library all that well. I'm looking for good not-Halo games that are Xbox-exclusive on console, and also for multi-platform games that are noticeably improved on the Xbox.

Otomodachi
2017-10-08, 10:51 PM
Jade Empire was a pretty fantastic Bioware RPG.

"He fell down a flight of punches and kicks."

rooster707
2017-10-08, 11:12 PM
Jade Empire was a pretty fantastic Bioware RPG.

"He fell down a flight of punches and kicks."

Also KOTOR I and II. Those three, plus Halo, are the only ones I *know* are good. Games I have vague memories of being cool include Crimson Skies, SSX: Tricky, Star Wars: Republic Commando... Thief: Deadly Shadows may or may not be good, I'm playing it on PC right now and it's kind of clunky but it might be better with a controller.

Oh, and Beyond Good and Evil is amazing! You should play the remastered version (on 360/XB1) if you can, but if not, I'm guessing the original is just as good.

Psyren
2017-10-09, 12:04 AM
Some of my favorites from back in the day:

- Jade Empire was mentioned, but bears repeating.

- The Otogi series is fantastic. It's a set of action-RPGs created by From Software (the Dark Souls guys) and feature highly destructible (and extremely beautiful) environments and heavy difficulty. I recommend these every chance I get.

- Tony Hawk Underground is my personal favorite entry in the series, taking the normal skating formula and throwing on a sandbox, fun story mode, and the ability to use the Xbox hard drive to insert your own music into the game.

- Soul Calibur 2 was notable for having platform specific exclusive characters - the Xbox version had Spawn, which was a long-awaited return to gaming for the character back in the day. It also had a Conquest mode with a series of elaborate challenges that I sunk hours into.

- Ninja Gaiden Black is a lightning-fast-paced and very difficult (but always fair) entry in the series.

- The Burnout games are deliriously fun arcade racers where you gain boost by driving as recklessly as possible, and include modes where you try to rack up the most expensive crashes you can. The graphics here are pretty great too, with a good variety of locations to watch zip past you.

Anteros
2017-10-09, 01:04 AM
The KoToR games are pretty much the only ones I can think of that haven't aged horribly. Was the original Borderlands on there? It was a pretty good game.

Driderman
2017-10-09, 01:17 AM
Was the original Borderlands on there? It was a pretty good game.

Borderlands wasn't until years later, it's on the 360.

If you can get a hold of them the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance are pretty fun for local co-op, same goes for the Fallout game (Brotherhood of Steel I think maybe it was called) and the Hunter games too, I've been told.

Brother Oni
2017-10-09, 01:47 AM
I really enjoyed Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders and KUF:Heroes. They're third person squad based action games, sort of like a cross between Dynasty Warriors and Total War, but with fantasy units.

I haven't had a gaming experience yet where you can personally lead your dark elf archers through the legs of a swamp mammoth (a 15m tall walking artillery quadraped) to intercept enemy eagle riders that are bearing down on it, while simultaneously sending your own wyverns to attack the dwarf mortar battery.