PDA

View Full Version : Player Help The "lucky" Halfling

Implayingnude
2017-10-08, 09:06 PM
My idea for a build is to build a halfling based on luck, he buffs players and minipulates dice through being a drunk.

I'm thinking a Halfling Divination Wizard with some other multiclass(es), but not quite sure how to build this. I've seen possibly Sorcerer, or even taking Bard. What's everyone's thoughts?

Adventure League only please.

Crgaston
2017-10-08, 09:25 PM
False Life spell is a must-have. Material component is a shot of liquor. :)

AttilatheYeon
2017-10-08, 10:29 PM
Level 2 diviner, the rest WildMage. It's a little MAD, but you'll eventually get loads of dice control. Maybe pick up Lucky with your first ASI.

Implayingnude
2017-10-08, 11:06 PM
Level 2 diviner, the rest WildMage. It's a little MAD, but you'll eventually get loads of dice control. Maybe pick up Lucky with your first ASI.

I'm assuming start Sorcerer for Con Prof?

RakiReborn
2017-10-09, 12:30 AM
My current luck build in AL is a bard1/lifecleric1/diviner2, and will now up lore bard to at least 5. Walks around in breastplate and shield for 18 AC and stats are 8-14-12-13-13-16. Seems very mad, but it works, and you only need to max CHA. Dice manipulation is with portent, bardic inspiration, bless/bane and vicious mockery. Added to that will be cutting words at bard 3 and the lucky feat at lvl4, and the BI becomes short rest use at bard 5. Am thinking of getting some wild sorc at some point, but will see that as I level. End build might be bard11/lifecleric1/diviner2/sorc6.
I am having a blast with him, and as long as I don't go into melee myself I'm fine. I help others and heal when necessary with cure wounds/healing word. The cleric level is mostly for the armor and healing boost, and is fluffed as being a devout follower of Lady Luck.

Implayingnude
2017-10-09, 12:35 AM
My current luck build in AL is a bard1/lifecleric1/diviner2, and will now up lore bard to at least 5. Walks around in breastplate and shield for 18 AC and stats are 8-14-12-13-13-16. Seems very mad, but it works, and you only need to max CHA. Dice manipulation is with portent, bardic inspiration, bless/bane and vicious mockery. Added to that will be cutting words at bard 3 and the lucky feat at lvl4, and the BI becomes short rest use at bard 5. Am thinking of getting some wild sorc at some point, but will see that as I level. End build might be bard11/lifecleric1/diviner2/sorc6.
I am having a blast with him, and as long as I don't go into melee myself I'm fine. I help others and heal when necessary with cure wounds/healing word. The cleric level is mostly for the armor and healing boost, and is fluffed as being a devout follower of Lady Luck.

Wow this seems like an awesome build, why life cleric over Knowledge or Light?

AttilatheYeon
2017-10-09, 03:01 AM
I'm assuming start Sorcerer for Con Prof?

Really either way. Start Sorc for Con/Chr or Wiz for Int/Wis. It's slightly cheaper to start Wiz so you start with a spellbook, but Con/Chr seem like the better save combo. The important thing is leveling Sorc to get dice control on wild surges. Make them work for you.