PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question For Anyone Playing Old Origin Games (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc)

Haruspex_Pariah
2017-10-09, 10:49 AM
I'm the kind of person who likes to buy cheap games that are guaranteed to work on my laptop which simply cannot handle the latest games.

Recently I found a page on help.ea where you can download DLC for some of the "classic" origin games like Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragon Age Origins and 2.

I mean I guess they're old enough that giving away the DLC for free is fine? I tested by downloading Stone Prisoner, and there wasn't any prompt to pay or notifications from my bank or anything. It just...downloaded and run through the updater.

Maybe I'm being too suspicious, but you know what they say about free things.

Psyren
2017-10-09, 11:56 AM
If it's through EA's own help page then you probably have little to worry about (safety-wise) until they change their minds. Beyond that, we can't really give advice on the legality or morality of it.

Lord Raziere
2017-10-10, 08:04 AM
I've played both previous Dragon ages again on my PC and their DLC's. they work fine.

Haruspex_Pariah
2017-10-10, 07:31 PM
Well Stone Prisoner works fine at least. I was supposed to get it as part of my Steam purchase but could never figure out a way to make it work.

Inarius
2017-10-11, 01:19 AM
Was it all the DLC or just some of the dlc? I remember their big thing back then was new games get a certain amount of dlc for free so what they're offering might just be those specific ones.