PDA

View Full Version : Most impressive improvised weapon?

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-10-09, 11:32 PM
Well, my partymates have a couple sessions of patience the we will probably take on a way overpowered spellcaster.

My best idea so far is rolling a giant boulder off a cliff on him. Some other party members led me towards greek fire or an explosive inside an oil soaked bag of holding we explode over him.

What is the most inventive and crippling improvised weapon you all habe ever used?

We are apparently some over eager level 5 fools and this is proabably a level 17 to 20 Tiefling Warlock bad guy. (used to be Sorcerer we thought)

Arelai
2017-10-10, 12:44 AM
Step 1- Enlarge.
Step 2- Throw rocks.
Step 3- ???
Step 4- Profit?

Malifice
2017-10-10, 12:47 AM
The Halfling:

1d8 Bludgeoning, Two handed, Heavy, Thrown 20/40.

Falcon X
2017-10-10, 01:12 AM
I'm a pretty allowing DM. Over the years, I've let the following happen, if for nothing else but the ingenuity of the Players:

1. The White Picket Fence.
- The Barbarian, player an avatar of chaos, goes strolling around the city and into the suburbs. I make a joke about the fancy lawns. The player jokes back about a white picket fence. I say "sure, a few yards have them." He proceeds to rip a section of the fence out of the ground and use it as his primary weapon FOR THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN.
- He later took it to a gnome craftsman and got it some metal tips and put it on a spinner.

2. The Pesticide Tank
- We ran into a group of evil gardeners. They had a fertilizer tank that they could turn the nozzle towards us and spray it at us, creating an ad-hock Stinking Cloud spell.
We happened to have an oversized party member (Goliath, Quaggoth, or something). So, the party decided to strap the tank to his back and make the nozzle more flexible.
Bonus: The tank emptied, so we cleaned it out and put a baby dragon in the tank. Player Banjo-Kazooied for the rest of the game.

3. Chuul Claw
- Killed a Chuul, ripped its claw off. I counted it as a Great Sword, but with bludgeon instead of slashing.
This was used by the same character as the Pesticide Tank.

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-10, 04:44 AM
2. The Pesticide Tank
- We ran into a group of evil gardeners. They had a fertilizer tank that they could turn the nozzle towards us and spray it at us, creating an ad-hock Stinking Cloud spell.
We happened to have an oversized party member (Goliath, Quaggoth, or something). So, the party decided to strap the tank to his back and make the nozzle more flexible.
Bonus: The tank emptied, so we cleaned it out and put a baby dragon in the tank. Player Banjo-Kazooied for the rest of the game.

3. Chuul Claw
- Killed a Chuul, ripped its claw off. I counted it as a Great Sword, but with bludgeon instead of slashing.
This was used by the same character as the Pesticide Tank.

Banjo-Kazooie.. Good Lord, I would love to have seen that. That's taking the Yoda thing to the next level. Did the Goliath get to ask the dragon for a breath weapon every now and then? To make up for the loss of the septic tank?

GlenSmash!
2017-10-10, 11:10 AM
I counted it as a Great Sword, but with bludgeon instead of slashing.

Isn't that just a Maul? 2d6 bludgeoning?

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-10, 11:15 AM
Always throw the Gnome Barbarian at your enemies. Always.

Xetheral
2017-10-10, 12:54 PM
A longbow used as an improvised weapon in melee can produce some absurb results (
[url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21822316&postcount=49). Please note that I said "absurd" not "good". (Also the linked posted refers to an invocation not present in the most recent UA warlock update.)