PDA

View Full Version : Numenera: Jade Colossus (IC)

GOALentertain
2017-10-10, 09:43 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?538774-Numenera-Jade-Colossus-(OOC)&p=22463726#post22463726

As you approached the small shop, you noticed that a red X continued to glow in front of the door as other people passed by. However, when you drew near, it lit up in orange with the words "Please, come inside. I will be with you shortly." Below the words was the symbol of the Aeon Priests. Looking at the note in your hand, you see the same symbol marked upon you.

The note was a request from Chelvan, the local Aeon Priest, to meet and discuss an unstated venture. It said that the details would be provided, but the reward would be great. It made a reference to something you knew of.

Your note made a passing reference to the Oracle, and to what he lost in the Colossus.

Your note made reference to the disappearance of the Eye of Transcendence. You remember the Eye being an artifact that the Heritors had used to bestow powers upon its high ranking members. You had never seen it, nor had you heard that it had disappeared beyond the note.

Your note made reference to Umlaut, your former mentor.

Your note asked if you knew where the things consumed by the Infinite Stomach go to.

The door opens as you drew in close to Chelvan's workshop. The shop is untidy-to say the least. Bits of metal and synth and old tech lying about on shelves and in dusty display cases. In the middle of the room was a circle of eight chairs. In the middle of the circle is the floating transparent image of the Aeon Priests' symbol.

The others (the other PCs) arrive around the same time you do. Chelvan does not appear to be present at the current time.

spinningdice
2017-10-10, 10:19 AM
Kraycie stared at the door for a long moment, before pushing her way inside. Her head twich-jerks as she enters, taking in the room around her.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-10, 05:55 PM
Kullia walks with purpose towards the door and doesn't stop until his forehead smacks into it. "Oh right....these.." He turns the knob and continues into the room finding an empty seat and nodding at Kraycie.

Revanus
2017-10-10, 08:34 PM
Charlie stares at the door, shifting the weight of his round shield, shaftcaster, and backpack slightly. A slight jingling and sloshing emanates from his pack. Charlie notes the slosh--sixth time today that the onyx cube has reverted to liquid in its synth containment jar. At his belt securely sits a small cylinder of segmented metal---a clearly-recognizable collapsible spear.

Wiping the sweat from his brow with his black wristband, Charlie adjusts his olive cloak's hood closer to his closely shaved head, and strides with purpose to the door--his posture straight as a rod. Pausing a moment to allow the door to recognize his presence and swing open of Usmic's accord (unlike the unenlightened fellow who collided with the door just moments before), Charlie offers a mental prayer to the Winged Protector and enters.

Once inside, with eyes adjusted to the dim, Charlie stands near the table but does not sit down. It is bad form to sit without leave from one's elders. His attention wanders to the artifacts and other individuals around the room, but Charlie unconsciously keeps his posture fixed and straight, looking around with only the slightest movements in any direction.

Albinobrow
2017-10-10, 08:57 PM
Oolei quickly as he can waddles towards the building observing it, and the hooded person in front of it curiously. He notices the figure head inside as the door opens for him.

As Oolei approaches though, the door doesn’t seem to register him and his note. With a slight grumble he raises the note frantically over his head thinking that will cause this particular entrance to recognize his presence!

Once it opens, he quickly enters inside lest it close before he crosses the threshold. He sees the chairs and awkwardly hips up and takes a look at the others gathered.

Albinobrow
2017-10-10, 09:50 PM
Slightly uncomfortable with the silence the Skeane speaks up in a voice that is much deeper and lyrical than one might expect from such a strange and small frame,

Greetings and salutations all! It appears we have all been summoned here together. Are you all also inquiring about this Oracle? he brings his flippers up and makes air quotes on the last word, not at all hiding his cynicism.

Revanus
2017-10-11, 09:11 AM
Charlie pulls his attention from the artifacts and fixes it upon the alien creature before him. His thoughts race. Is the creature a simulacrum or some sort of automaton? Is it a threat? At some level of subconscious, Charlie is wary of its clear non-humanity. Yet a growing sense of awe began to compete with Charlie's suspicion. The creature was winged...beaked...made in Usmic's own image...sort of. Charlie wondered if the being knew of Usmic, Our Bird and Savior. He longed to ask.

But he knew better. Like Usmic's brand upon his own breast, which only became visible if subjected to touch, Charlie knew not to casually loosen his lips about the esotaries of the Ever-Faithful. All of this passes through Charlie's mind in but a moment, his face stoic to the turmoil within.

Charlie brought his hands together horizontally, nodding his head slightly towards the Skeane and letting his elbows fall to the side. It was a salute of sorts, vaguely monastic and martial. If repeated ad nauseum, the gesture might appear ridiculous, a sort of chickenflap. Performed once, it merely seemed like a salute.

"Hail, Winged One. I was summoned here."

spinningdice
2017-10-11, 09:57 AM
Kraycie's head snaps towards the Skeane, she had barely registered that others had arrived, her head twitches to look at the human as he respons "I come to seek the Colossus, my master may be lost within, I need him to fix me.".
Her gaze flickers between the different people gathered. "I am Kraycie, I seek."

Albinobrow
2017-10-11, 12:34 PM
Oolei, without removing his gaze from the strange arm flapping man, pulls out his journey and jots some notes down. He slowly nods, Hello.

When he hears the woman’s voice he sarcastically breaks out of the stare, I can absolutely help you with that, Kraycie. If you exit back the way you came and look above the horizon, then you will find a giant green structure just over the rooftops. THAT is the colossus! He chuckles though it sounds more like a seagull call!

Revanus
2017-10-11, 05:32 PM
Charlie smiles to himself in the darkness as he hears the Skeane's gullcall. While others might find the cry disconcerting, Charlie feels kinship with the sort-of-winged, featherless being. The Ever-Faithful have a similar cry--passed down from time immemorial--some say from Usmic itself. It is an affirmation, a declaration of enthusiasm or readiness. It is a noun, a verb, an adjective, and adverb all rolled into one. It is the state of being Ever-Faithful distilled into its purest essence.

Quietly, to himself, but with gusto, Charlie utters the phrase almost involuntarily.

"Koo-rah!"

spinningdice
2017-10-11, 06:10 PM
Kraycie fixes Oolei with a black eyed stare. "I know where the Colossus is, however if my master is trapped within it would be arrogant to assume I could free him alone. His skills far surpass mine. Do you have any talents worth noting, or do you survive on your mockery alone?"

Albinobrow
2017-10-11, 08:06 PM
Well I certainly didn’t make it here from the City of Rust by my mocking alone. In fact “noting” as you so accurately put it, is a skill of mine worth noting. I’m pretty decent at understanding numenera as well. Oolei puffs up his chest in pride for his own accomplishments!

And you Kraycie? What brings you here outside of looking for your master?

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-11, 10:43 PM
Krullia silently watches as the two talk, relaxing comfortably in his chair. This is an interesting sort of people and Krullia is glad he came here. He's still not very familiar with the Skeane but he has seen stranger creatures. The large tanned man fiddles with the small batteries he carries and follows the conversation, noting the other just as silent member of this group. What does koo-rah mean...

spinningdice
2017-10-12, 03:25 AM
"I was a broken doll, he fixed me so I owe him all I am. If I cannot find him in that place then I need to find out what he was doing and and finish it for him. If I cannot do that then... I continue to seek." Kraycie no longer seems to be directing her answers at Oolei, but directs her gaze back to him now "Do not worry, if we are to travel there together I have uses. I am not so frail as my body appears."

GOALentertain
2017-10-12, 06:20 AM
You hear a cybernetic bleeping sound near the front door. Then a young man, about 20 years of age, wearing orange robes walks into the room.

"Oh," he says, looking around. "You're already here." He looks at a device on the wall, which shows many different symbols upon it. "Oh, I see. It appears that I'm late. I'm sorry about that."

"I have called you all today because of a matter concerning the Jade Colossus. I believe that there are thieves that are present in the Colossus. I mean...well...yes, thieves love hiding out in old ruins, so of course there are. But, what I mean is that there are thieves of a different nature-beyond what normal Ninth World thieves are. I believe there is a gateway, or multiple gateways that link to another world, a dimension apart from ours."

"There are many odd things in the Colossus, and many people who would wish to exploit them, so the presence of interdimensional thieves does not inherently lead to an issue. However, in this case, I believe the thieves pose a direct threat to the city, and to other explorers of the Colossus. I believe they are infecting and repurposing various artifacts of the Colossus to suit their goals. I would like you folks to go into the Colossus, find the thieves, and put an end to this extradimensional threat."

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-12, 07:52 AM
After hearing of dimensional portals Kullia perks up. "My friend, if I may ask, do you know where these portals may go? Is it perhaps the same place mentioned in my note?" he waves the scrap of paper as he speaks.

GOALentertain
2017-10-12, 08:04 AM
The man's eyes narrow at the sight of the note, but only for an instant before snapping back to normal. He smiles, faintly.

"Each of you, I believe, has experiences that are related to these extradimensional thieves. Kullia, as for your note in particular, it is a bit of an enigma. I believe that the Infinite Stomach was, like many other bodily artifacts of the Colossus, a part of the structure's original design or purpose-whatever those may have been. However, I believe it has been tampered with by the entities I mentioned, sending things to wherever it is that they call home. Unless, of course, if they were the original creators of the Colossus and therefore the Stomach itself."

Revanus
2017-10-12, 04:41 PM
Charlie's attention is fully absorbed by the briefing. The chatter about interdimensionality is way above his understanding, but the mission from the Aeon Priest makes innate sense to Charlie, resonating in a deep way with something in his core. Get in, eliminate the threat, get out. Shock and Caw. The Ever-Faithful made it a point to train in self-defense, to preserve their way of life and future in the event of any threat.

"Do we know what these thieves look like? Are they of a different race? Also...," Charlie looks around sheepishly..."...what's an infinite stomach?"

Charlie glances at the Skeane. "Other than a fine potential source of jokes."

Albinobrow
2017-10-12, 11:23 PM
Oolei looks inquisitively at the young man, searching to understand... something. He listens to him and takes in his body language and jots down some more notes. As he writes he lets out another gull-like laugh at the crack about the infinite stomach.

Yes. It appears that we all do have a connection there somehow.. But before we continue, what did you say your name was?

I know who the notes were from, but I want to see if he is Chelvan himself. I'm going to use applied observation on him.

GOALentertain
2017-10-13, 04:52 AM
"Oh, my apologies, I am Chelvan," he said.

Those who were raised locally or who have been in the area for a while would probably recognize him as Chelvan. Most everyone would recognize that he seems to be extremely young for an Aeon Priest of the level of proficiency and knowledge that it seems like he has.

"The thieves are not human," Chelvan said. "As for what they look like, individually they are invisible.
Or, rather, they are too small for the human eye to see. Observe." He reaches into his robes and pulls out a small glass container. The container appears to be empty. "Here, I have isolated merely a handful of the entities. However..." He moves over to a drawer and pulls it out. From the drawer, he lifts a ten gallon glass tank, which he sits on a nearby table(pushing scrap out of the way with the tank). Inside the tank swirls a floating red substance that is contiguous, but that fails to stay in any particular shape. "This is an unaccountably large number of them,
interconnected and acting together as though they were one entity."

"I have made a device," Chelvan says, moving to pick up a handheld metal thing, complete with a screen and several exposed wires. There is a slot at the bottom into which he locks the first small glass container. The screen lights up, and has an arrow pointed towards the larger tank with the red material. "This should help point out to you the largest nearby concentrations of these creatures. It is my hope that this can lead you to the portal or disruption, so that you can shut it off before the creatures spread even further."

spinningdice
2017-10-13, 07:18 AM
"Since you have manage to isolate small groups of them and contain them within simple glass containers, are we to assume they are not dangerous until they are... massed enough to see? I would hate to delve into that place only to be torn assunder at a microcellular level by a creature I cannot even see or act against."

GOALentertain
2017-10-13, 07:39 AM
"So far as I can tell, they can only cause physical harm when amassed into an apparently physical form. These forms can be dispatched through physical means. However, in a more dispersed state, they can affect nanotech in the air, able to cause varied effects depending on what nanotech particles are in the area."

Albinobrow
2017-10-13, 08:12 AM
As Chelvan reveals the device and Oolei instinctively hops off the chair and waddles over to where he and the glass jars are. He puts his front to flippers up near the device as if warming them be a fire, careful not to touch, but observing and admiring the device.

That is a fine piece of numenera you have constructed! Well done!

And in response to Kraycie's comment, Yes, I too, rather like my self to stay in tact at the cellular level.[/COLOR

He stops observing the numenera and looks up towards Chelvan, [COLOR="#0000FF"]Is there anything else need to know before we risk life and limb on your task here?

GOALentertain
2017-10-13, 08:29 AM
"Uhm...Not that I know of? Do you have any questions that I might be able to assist with?"

spinningdice
2017-10-13, 10:30 AM
Kraycie smiles, it is not pleasant. "At the risk of sounding crass, you are not my master - unlike him I do not follow your directives without question, also I will need further supplies soon, will we be reimbursed for aiding you in this?" she doesn't mention that she would head there regardless. It would not be the best argument for a bargain...

GOALentertain
2017-10-13, 10:56 AM
"What?" Chelvan looks surprised for a moment, and then regains himself. "Oh, yes, of course. The Order of Truth is prepared to offer you each 100 shins for the successful shutdown of whatever method or methods these entities are using to take things from our realm. If you may any other significant finds, or if you learn any other deep secrets of the Colossus, the Order of Truth could be willing to offer you compensation for such things as well, scaled in accordance with the value of such things."

Albinobrow
2017-10-13, 11:24 AM
Actually there is else. Am I to understand that the intent of your notes and calling all of us here is that we are intended to work together in this venture? Will you also be joining us?

Oolei looks about the room.

And lastly, who are these people? He gestures to the female in the room. Besides you. I know you’re Kraycie and you seek.

GOALentertain
2017-10-13, 12:09 PM
"Oh, I thought that much was obvious. Of course we want you all to work together. You each have a direct connection to the problem, and therefore are best suited to tackle it. Given that the problem, as well as the Jade Colossus itself, is dangerous, it's dangerous to go alone. Therefore, you should take each other along. I won't be joining you, as I have other important tasks to attend to here. Plus, someone will need to recruit others if you don't return. I'd be very little use to you inside the Colossus, I assure you."

Albinobrow
2017-10-14, 01:32 PM
Sarcastically he replies, “]FanTAStic! Well then you there flappy man! Oolei points to the gentleman standing up, What is your name and what use are you to this group outside of my amusement?

He then points to the gentleman sitting down, And you, same question!

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-14, 03:15 PM
Rather liking a the straight forwardness of the Skeane before him he stands to answer with enthusiasm. I am Kullia Okkek and can hit things pretty hard. I also have some knowledge of different dimensions, and posses the mark of the Infinite Stomach. Essentially i can digest anything i can chew and swallow, until now i thought the materials were disposed of naturally but now after receiving this note, i doubt this. After learning of this I would have traveled to the Jade Colossus myself, so this request is agreeable to my plans. I hope to be a good companion to you all as we do this. Kullia looks at all of them as he talks, though only Oolei asked the question.

Revanus
2017-10-15, 08:09 AM
Charlie turns to Chelvan, serious and impassive.

"I do have a few more questions about this "Red Sea" we shall face. How did you come by your knowledge of these creatures, and your collection of them? Do they speak a language we can interact with or that you have been able to translate in any sense? Are they hostile on sight? And how quickly do these creatures reform after being struck down? It would not do to fight off a sea of these creatures only to turn around after two clock clicks and find them intact and angry behind us."

As to the rest of the group, Charlie offers a super wide smile and his voice takes on a cheery tone.

"Hi! I'm Charlie. I'm a student of numenara with a passion for historical preservation. I also know a bit of rudimentary self-defense. And you, Winged One...what is your story and heritage? I've never met a being quite like you. Are you of the cosmos?"

Albinobrow
2017-10-15, 01:28 PM
I am called Oolei! I hail from the City of Rust and I am familiar with numenera, and I am very good at figuring things out. Admittedly,
I am not much help in a skirmish. But hopefully my cyphers will be of use there. I made this one! He raises up a small ceramic sphere about an inch in diameter.

It is not very damaging.. at all. But it can be useful for detaining a small group!

GOALentertain
2017-10-16, 05:32 AM
"Charlie, your questions are valuable ones," the Aeon Priest says. "The Aeon Priesthood has a very large interest in the Jade Colossus and the goings on within it. As such, we sponsor many expeditions into it, and we reward those who can bring us information or items of interest. It is in that way that I have gathered the samples and information that I have of this, as you call it, 'Red Sea.' So far as I am aware,
they do not seem to speak or communicate in any way that we understand. They obviously must have some method of communicating with each other in order to coordinate into shape and in order to make and manifest their plans. It is unclear if they understand human words or even actions. It is my understanding that there are times when these creatures have attacked unprovoked, and there are other times when a floor is teaming with them all across a room, and explorers are able to walk across them without invoking their rage. It is unclear what makes the distinction in their actions. I believe that how long the creatures take to reform depends on how many are present in an area. If there are some that were not a part of a congregation, they might be able to join in to help their scattered allies in reforming. If there the entity was large, rather than taking the immense time to reform into that creature, they could instead form into something smaller. It does take time though. A good few minutes for an entity the size of a toddler. More for anything longer.
And, of course, it is notable that when you disperse one of these entities, you are killing several of the invisible creatures-maybe countless. While a majority may remain alive, they do not have the whole of what existed to form their essence."

GOALentertain
2017-10-17, 05:41 AM
"So, if that answers all your questions, then you can be on your way. We don't know how long things will continue to be safe for us here outside the Colossus."

Albinobrow
2017-10-17, 06:43 AM
Oolei walks back up to Chelvan after jotting down all his notes and puts up his flipper expectantly. I suppose I’ll be taking that numenera then.

GOALentertain
2017-10-17, 07:03 AM
Chelvan will "hand" Oolei the tracking/sensor device.

Albinobrow
2017-10-17, 09:42 PM
Upon receiving the device he smiles and nods to Chelvan, Just leave it to us! And without waiting for any of the others he walks out the door, putting the device in his pack, and following his own advice. He scans above the rooftops to find the general direction of the Jade Colossus and heads that way.

Revanus
2017-10-17, 11:08 PM
Charlie nods his head in thanks to Chelvan's advice, and casually unlimbers his shield.

"May our next meeting be one of greater enlightenment for all."

Shaking his head as he watches the not-bird waddle out the door, Charlie moves to follow.

"Winged one...though the eagle has no flock, in those times when we do not cast the largest shadow, there is safety in numbers."

Charlie continues on, trailing close behind his not-so-feathered not-yet friend.

spinningdice
2017-10-18, 04:04 AM
Kraycie gives a respectful nod to Chelvin after watching the exchange and follows Oolei. "Is everyone suitably equipped for an expedition?"

Revanus
2017-10-18, 05:39 PM
Charlie shrugs back at Kraycie with a faint smile as he continues out the door.

"If you lack a shield to return home upon, I'm sure one can be purchased along the way."

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-19, 07:21 AM
Kullia comes up from behind to speak, If you travelled here to find your Master I assume you have the things you need. I cannot speak for the others but I carry all I have on me.

spinningdice
2017-10-19, 08:38 AM
"Very well, the Skeane seems to be leading us onwards, Oolei, do you have a plan to gain access to the structure?"

Albinobrow
2017-10-19, 01:01 PM
Well there are few options that we have available. First, Kraycie, do you know the method that your mentor entered into the colossus himself? Secondly, Kullia, do you remember where in the colossus you were when you received your unending abdomen?

GOALentertain
2017-10-19, 01:27 PM
Well there are few options that we have available. First, Kraycie, do you know the method that your mentor entered into the colossus himself? Secondly, Kullia, do you remember where in the colossus you were when you received your unending abdomen?

You know that your master had some sort of deal with the Heritors of the Colossus and that they provided transport for him into less explored parts of the Colossus with their vessel. Whether you choose to tell the others this is up to you.

We haven't talked much about your backstory, so this can be adjusted if you don't like it. I would propose that you came into this world from your own through/in the Colossus. It was in wandering there that you found the Infinite Stomach. It was sometime later when you emerged from the Midnight Gate, into the city of Ballarad, but you aren't sure how well you'd be able to retrace your steps to the Stomach.

spinningdice
2017-10-19, 02:04 PM
Kraycie stares at Oolei a moment,giving up precious secrets of her master seemed wrong, but.. heading in by the same we he did would increase the chance of finding a trace of him. She sighs "A deal with the Heritors was struck, allowing him to access the higher regions of the Collossus."

Albinobrow
2017-10-19, 10:17 PM
I see.

Oolei jots something down.

And Kullia?

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-19, 11:13 PM
Kullia takes a moment to think before he answers , I could not tell you where anatomically I was. The memories are hazy at best however if I were to guess it be somewhere in the abdomen, simply because it makes a sort of sense. Perhaps we may find an entrance directly behind the Colossus's stomach.

Albinobrow
2017-10-20, 12:05 PM
Hmm... I see. Then I believe our best course of action will be to talk to the Heritors. Perhaps Kraycie, you can compound on the deal that your mentor made to gain us access higher up and go that route. Any objections? Good! Let’s go!

Revanus
2017-10-20, 01:22 PM
Charlie smiles.

“I used to know a few Heritors. They are good fellows.”

spinningdice
2017-10-20, 03:36 PM
"Negotiation is not my strength. But I will try."

GOALentertain
2017-10-21, 04:51 AM
The Heritor's Ride. The hovering vehicle is about as large as a medium-sized building. They had found it inside the Colossus and mastered it's secrets, claiming it as a base and as a means of exploration. Usually, it is somewhere alongside the Colossus, seeking new entrances into the structure. The Heritors are especially interested in entrances big enough to take the Ride through. However, about once a week, it parks near the town so that those on it can rest, trade, and relax. It also allows for them to switch out members so that those who want to take a shift aboard the Ride can do so.

Charlie knows where the Ride gets parked, and is able to lead you all to that spot. He also knows that they usually will let non-Heritor passengers travel with them for the price of 50 shins or 1 cypher per person-a fairly steep cost. As you approach, you can see a handful of people outside the vehicle, apparently loading boxes onto carts to bring into town.

Albinobrow
2017-10-22, 08:41 PM
Iadace! My fellow companions and myself were hoping to charter your ride to access a higher entrance into the colossus. Preferably an entrance you have used before for a previous charter. Perhaps you remember them, it was... Oolei looks to Kraycie and motions her forward while shrugging his shoulders. He has no idea who her mentor is!
But he gets his journal and quill ready to write it down as she speaks.

He will also use applied observation on whomever answers.

spinningdice
2017-10-23, 07:52 AM
My Master, Umlaut. He may have used this symbol. Kraycie pulls out her notebook, with his symbol drawn upon the front, a beaker-like trapezoid with two circles above it, he used it as a mark upon all his work. Though she will put the book back away if anyone tries to touch it... without his and her own notes there, she may not be able to recreate the miracles keeping her active.

GOALentertain
2017-10-23, 08:38 AM
A tall woman wearing a silver face mask steps forward from the Heritors and looks down at Oolei. "What...?" she begins. Her voice comes out in a buzz, not from her face or behind the mask, but rather from a device on her belt. Then, upon seeing the rest of the group, she takes pause. Looking at the symbol on Kraycie's journal, she steps back. She then sees Charlie and gives him a nod in acknowledgement. She addresses Kraycie: "You must be Kraycie. Umlaut spoke of you. I suppose you are trying to seek out where he went? We looked for him ourselves, but were unable to seek him out. I'm not sure what you, Charlie, and your pet hope to accomplish." She seems to notice Kullia. "And what are you?"

Charlie would remember this woman as Bruhone. She understands the Ride better than most of the Heritors, and is therefore usually found upon it. There are rumors that her face and voice were taken by a relic inside the Colossus, but since she doesn't speak on the matter, you can't be sure if that is the truth.

Revanus
2017-10-23, 06:23 PM
Charlie returns the nod and offers a smile.

”Hello, Bruhone. The Aeon Priest has tasked us with a matter of significance, which would be aided by passage on the Ride. Additionally, I understand that Kraycie owes a bond of loyalty to her master. May we accompany you on the Ride to the location where Kraycie’s master departed? Unrelated, I have a matter of significance to individually discuss with an Elder—it is of high priority.”

Albinobrow
2017-10-23, 09:50 PM
PET!! He points at the woman with his quill, Ill have you know that I am a well respected member of my city. I am no ones pet... He almost spits the last word out with disdain and grumbles to himself as he writes.

I would like to Scan her as well after completing my applied observation. Specifically hoping to learn more about her numenera.

-1 intellect

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-24, 04:12 PM
Kullia takes a second to respond, surprised to be addressed. I am a ....person? I'll be travelling with these other ..persons? I'm sorry I haven't been asked such an odd question... What am I....? He stares off in to the distance thinking about the question.

GOALentertain
2017-10-25, 05:58 AM
"A matter for an Elder?" she asks of Charlie. The inflection of the buzzing is slightly higher pitched for the question than her normal speech. "Do you think this matter should be attended to before or after your journey to the Colossus?"

She looks down at Oolei as he expresses his indignance, but she says nothing in response.

She turns to Kullia for his philosophical musing, but says nothing to this either.

She herself is level 6. There is a nanotech field around her, caused by some innate numenera ability of hers, that grants her 3 Armor.
She is carrying a couple midnight stones. Her silver mask is a numenera device linked with the device on her belt. By thinking in a particular fashion, she is able to get the belt to speak those thoughts aloud.

Revanus
2017-10-25, 03:13 PM
Charlie doesn’t hesitate.

“It is a quick matter, but very important. It should be attended to ASAP...err...as soon as possible.”

Charlie remembers too late that he has a habit of lapsing into the holy lingua and abbreviations of Usmic, but that not everyone was familiar with such nomenclature.

GOALentertain
2017-10-29, 05:12 AM
"We don't have any of the elders on board. I'm afraid that we will probably be gone to the tower by the time you could return after going to speak with one." she explains. "While we are indebted to Umlaut, and willing to take you to the tower in order to pay off that debt. However, we cannot disrupt our schedule for you. So, we can bring you to the tower now or later, but a matter for the elders would need to be dealt with...well...before or after that."

Revanus
2017-10-29, 10:12 AM
Charlie doesn’t hesitate.

“Very well. Take us to the heavens ASAP...err, as soon as possible. Thank you.”

GOALentertain
2017-10-30, 11:10 AM
The Ride is cramped. There are a little more than 20 Heritors on board along with you and Bruhone. The interior of the ride is mostly divided into tiny rooms or cabins, linked and divided by tight hallways with low ceilings. Many of these cabins serve as sleeping quarters for the crew of the Heritors that currently reside in the Ride. Most of the others store the cyphers, artifacts, shins, midnight stones, and other belongings of the organization.

As the ride floats towards the Colossus-moving perhaps faster than you've ever gone before-you can see it fill your vision. A blocky silhouette that many think contains a human shape stretches 3,000 feet into the air. Surrounding the tower, the structure extends outward in all directions at about 500 feet high (with the exception of a few tower-like extensions.) The whole structure shimmers and whirls with various shades of green and black.

I'm unsure as to if anyone wants to do anything en route, or if you just want to go ahead to getting into the Colossus.

GOALentertain
2017-10-31, 07:47 AM
The Ride soars towards the edge of the complex at the base of the tower. The dark green wall grows to rapidly fill your vision. The Ride shows no signs of slowing down. It looks like you're going to crash into the wall. Then, a sudden lurch knocks you off your feet. The front of the ride tilts upward as the Ride floats up the side of the complex, keeping the ground at a sharp angle. After a few moments, the Ride levels out again at the edge of the complex around the tower. The Ride travels smoothly over the uneven and shattered surface of the complex, heading towards the tower.

Reaching the edge of the tower, the Ride puts its left side against the side of the Colossus as it continues forward. The Ride lifts, starting a slight spiral around the tower. Finally, the ride stops. Bruhone brings you to a door out of the ride, which she opens, revealing a hole leading into the Colossus. The hole appears to be unnatural, rather than a doorway, with broken and shattered pieces of rock and green crystal along the edges of the opening leading into the darkened room beyond.

"This is the last place that we saw Umlaut," Bruhone explains. "Hopefully your luck in finding him is better than ours was."

spinningdice
2017-10-31, 08:59 AM
"I thank you" Kraycie hops across to the ruin, and takes a better look around.

GOALentertain
2017-10-31, 09:25 AM
Kraycie finds herself towards the middle of one of the long sides of a large rectangular-shaped room. Sparkling dust fills the air in the chamber in fine drifts. On the wall across from where she entered, she can see a doorway leading into another room, as well as a separate panel that appears to be tall enough for a human to fit through.

Albinobrow
2017-10-31, 10:41 PM
Oolei enjoyed the ride up, seeing the shadow hiding in plain sight in the green, his curiosity ever growing. He had nice chats with the crew about the various numenera on board as well. All mice people. Except the one who called him a pet, she will not be forgiven easily.

As they arrived to their destination his beak went slack at the beautiful sight! Quickly he grabs his pack and heads enters the corridor, eyes darting this way and that. So this is where they brought your mentor. Exciting isn’t it? He looks back slightly, and quickly faces the doorway again. Dont look down!

Is the doorway and panel just open? Or is there something blocking it?

GOALentertain
2017-11-01, 08:04 AM
In the room, there are two potential exits other than the one that you came through (which, as Oolei points out, may lead to a long drop). One of these is a closed door, the other is a wall panel. The door seems to have a pretty normal handle to it, while the panel has a more complex series of buttons (think Intellect task) to open.

As Oolei waddles through the room, he notices that something seems off in one particular area. Something about the way that the sparkling dust of the room moves. There seem to be a handful of places where the dust isn't. In fact, looking at these places, there seem to almost be shapes there. The shapes are somewhat transparent, making them not obvious at first. However, as Oolei looks at them, he can see that there appear to be shadows of humanoid creatures in the spaces between the dust. These creatures have long talons on each hand-as long as their forearms. The nearest of these creatures seems to flow forward through the darkness and the sparkling dust, swinging its talons at Oolei.

Make a Speed Defense roll against this creature. You also receive 1 XP and can give 1 XP to someone else in the group.

GOALentertain
2017-11-01, 10:27 AM
People should roll initiative.

Albinobrow
2017-11-01, 12:52 PM
Speed defense (inability):smalleek: [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

GOALentertain
2017-11-01, 01:00 PM
Oolei deftly manages to duck beneath the talons of the creature's first strike.

I'll wait for the rest of the initiative rolls before going too much further.

If we can come up with a general case for initiative (i.e. if no one ever intends to spend effort on it or if someone always intends to spend effort on it or anything like that), then we can speed up initiative rolls by having me just roll them all at once at the start of combat.

spinningdice
2017-11-01, 06:47 PM
As forms hard to perceive strike at Oolei, Kraycie's hand was already hovering near her hammer, she quickly draws and readies it.

Init[roll0]
Don't think Kraycie will likely spend effort on initiative as a rule.

Revanus
2017-11-02, 11:22 AM
As he sees his winged conpanion come under attack from the red wraith-forms, Charlie’s shield springs into his hand and his spear extends into a sharp, black rod with a glowing point. Charlie’s movements are unconscious and swift, almost like his hands move of their own accord.

”Begone, Servants of UsserNaziran! The Red Menace shall not wrap its coils around the globe in this age—not under the watchful eye of Usmic—who protects His Own beneath mighty wings! Back, back to the shadows of history! If you dare to rear your serpentine, communal head, it shall meet the tip of my spear! Koo-Rah!”

Charging into battle to aid Oolei, Charlie is barely concious of his battle-cry. All he know is that the Great Satan has returned, and Charlie is duty-bound to stop the spread.

GOALentertain
2017-11-03, 07:41 AM
Looking carefully, you can make out five distinct shadowy shapes, all preparing to act.

Oolei
Kraycie or Charlie (whoever posts first)
Enemies
Kullia (unless he rolls before the enemies go and gets put before them.)

spinningdice
2017-11-03, 09:17 AM
May not be able to post again tonight, so rolling now...
Kraycie takes a swing with her hammer.
[roll0] (for 4 dmg... oh, 7 damage then.)

Albinobrow
2017-11-03, 10:15 PM
Oolei quickly grabs his dart thrower and fires at the unseen assailant!

Stats:
Might 7
Speed 11
Intellect 16

Fire dart! Difficulty goes up one for Skeane inability to attack, but goes down one for being a light weapon and down again for being at point blank range. 2 points of damage!
After the attack I want to move a short distance away if possible.

[roll0]

Albinobrow
2017-11-03, 10:17 PM
Sorry, meant to roll defense just in case. [roll0] Defense is an inability as well.

GOALentertain
2017-11-06, 10:33 AM
Oolei's dart seems to hang oddly in the air as it collides with one of the shadows.

Kraycie's hammer hits another one of the creatures. Even though it feels as though her hammer is passing through nothing, the shadow-creature seems to dissipate, leaving nothing of itself behind.

Charlie
Enemies
Kullia (unless he rolls before the enemies go and gets put before them.)
Oolei
Kraycie

Unrelated, I'm a bit sad that Kraycie's attack killed one of them, negating their ability to use their swarm attack.

Revanus
2017-11-06, 01:48 PM
Charlie dashed forward, leading with his shield. Interposing himself to intercept any attacks against Oolei, Charlie lunges at the closest viable target. His spear flashes forward as the glowing edge trails a blue arc along its path.

“Better dead than red!”

attack:
[roll0]

Defense:[roll1]

Hope I did this right. Need to reread the combat rules tonight.

GOALentertain
2017-11-07, 12:14 PM
As Charlie waves his shield and spear towards one of the shadows, he loses track of another that strikes him with claws of steel-hard shadow. The strike is tremendously strong, throwing Charlie across the room. The floor begins to crack where he landed.

The other three shadow creatures divide, each taking on one of their foes that has entered the room. Oolie deftly waddles away from the attack of the one that is on him.

Charlie: HIT, lose three points from your Might pool.

Oolie: MISS

Kraycie: Make a Speed Defense Roll

Kullia: Make a Speed Defense Roll

Kullia (I'm not sure if Mortis is still with us. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume Kullia is holding his action and allow you to go ahead beyond him.)
Oolie
Kraycie
Charlie
Enemies

spinningdice
2017-11-07, 12:24 PM
Kraycie easily steps aside, the adrenaline mixing with the alchemy in blood speeds up her perception, causing everything to seem to slow down around her.

[roll0]

Oh, a major effect. The dice really seem to be favouring Kraycie in this combat, the standard 'abuses alchemy' effect is asset to speed defence and attack rolls for one round. Can't think of anything better for the moment.

Albinobrow
2017-11-10, 12:32 AM
Oolei backs up slightl, careful not to fall off the ledge and fires another bolt where the first one floats!

[roll0] this has an inability and an asset being light.

Defense roll [roll1] o goodness and this is with an inability.

GOALentertain
2017-11-12, 05:47 AM
Oolei's bolt hits, and that shadow seems to waver. As the skeen is admiring his handiwork, one of the other shadow creatures slices at him.

Oolei loses 3 points from his Might pool.

Kullia (I'm not sure if Mortis is still with us. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume Kullia is holding his action and allow you to go ahead beyond him.)
Kraycie
Charlie
Enemies
Oolie

Albinobrow
2017-11-12, 11:18 AM
Might = 4
Speed = 10
Intellect = 16

spinningdice
2017-11-12, 06:23 PM
Kraycie takes another vicious swing
[roll0]

GOALentertain
2017-11-14, 05:43 AM
Kraycie smashes one of the shadows, leaving only 3 left.

Charlie
Enemies
Oolie
Kraycie