PDA

View Full Version : Help

GoldenChaos
2017-10-10, 12:04 PM
I am going to be starting my own Pathfinder group soon. One of the players would like to play a crossblooded sorcerer with the draconic and psychic bloodlines. He says that according to the rules he is able to cast spells in dragon form. Is this possible? To me this seems like it would be a little OP if he is able to cast spells as a dragon.

Pilo
2017-10-11, 03:35 AM
Which way will he use to turn into a dragon?

Altair_the_Vexed
2017-10-11, 06:37 AM
If they're assuming dragon form by using the spell Form of the Dragon I (or II or II), which are included in the bloodline bonus spells, then they can cast spells just about fine:

Bonus Spells: mage armor (3rd), resist energy (5th), fly (7th), fear (9th), spell resistance (11th), form of the dragon I (13th), form of the dragon II (15th), form of the dragon III (17th), wish (19th).

Polymorph spell category:

When you cast a polymorph spell that changes you into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type, all of your gear melds into your body.
While in such a form, you cannot cast any spells that require material components (unless you have the Eschew Materials or Natural Spell feat), and can only cast spells with somatic or verbal components if the form you choose has the capability to make such movements or speak, such as a dragon.
(My emphasis added)

GoldenChaos
2017-10-31, 06:41 AM
Thank you for the help.