PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Converting Divine Shield to Pathfinder?

Palanan
2017-10-10, 09:49 PM
Divine Shield is a feat from 3.5 that allows clerics to spend a turn attempt to add their Charisma bonus to their shield AC. There doesn’t seem to be an equivalent in official Paizo material, and I’m wondering how this could be converted to Pathfinder.

Would it be feasible for a Pathfinder cleric to spend a channel use for the same effect? And does a duration of one round per character level sound too much?

Akal Saris
2017-10-10, 09:53 PM
It seems reasonable to me. Were you thinking for it to activate as a standard action or a swift action?

Palanan
2017-10-11, 03:35 PM
The original feat (Complete Warrior p. 106) has activation as a standard action, so I figured I'd leave it that way, unless there's a compelling reason to switch.

As for duration, does 1 round per character level seem reasonable, or too much?

Sayt
2017-10-11, 03:46 PM
I believe channel and turn have the same users per day, IIRC, so I don't see a problem with running them off channels instead, although the feats erupting open up to paladins.

One thing to keep in mind is that channel is possibly more valuable than turn undead, or at least more frequently applicable.

Palanan
2017-10-11, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sayt
One thing to keep in mind is that channel is possibly more valuable than turn undead, or at least more frequently applicable.

True, which is one reason I like the idea of a duration keyed to character level, rather than half-level as in the original feat. If a channel is more useful than a turn attempt, it seems fair that it would power the feature for longer.

Originally Posted by Sayt
…although the feats erupting open up to paladins.

This phrase is flat-out baffling. Autocorrect strikes again?