PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Witch Grand Hexes: Death Interrupted vs. Life Giver - Am I Missing Something?

Levism84
2017-10-10, 10:11 PM
Looking over the Witch's Hexes (http://archivesofnethys.com/WitchHexes.aspx), I gave Death Interrupted a once over and didn't think much about it. However, after looking it over again and comparing it to Life Giver, I have some questions. Namely, why would I ever choose Life Giver when I can choose Death Interrupted, unless I am missing something.

To be fair, Life Giver's once per day resurrection spell on a touched dead creature as a full-round action with no material component is pretty handy for anyone who enjoys the whole bringing people back from the dead thing. That being said, Death Interrupted's at will touching a dead body (dead for any period of time) as a standard action and putting the soul of the deceased in a familiar for 1 hour per witch level (which the witch can telepathically communicate with) and then at any point during that time bringing the target back to life with 5d8 + 1 hp per level if the witch and familiar are within 300 feet of the dead creature's body completely blows Life Giver out of the water.

Life Giver is once per day while Death Interrupted is at will. Life Giver takes a full-round action while Death Interrupted requires 2 standard actions (one to pluck the soul from the River Stix, one to put it back in the creature's body). Life Giver restores the creature to full hit points and even if a small portion of the body remains (with 1 negative level as the cost, or 2 points of Constitution drain if the target is 1st level) while Death Interrupted only restores 5d8 + X hit points (but does not impose a negative level or Constitution drain and, as written, works on a small portion of a body). Life Giver works on a target that has been dead for 10 years per witch level while Death Interrupted works on a target that has been dead for "any amount of time."

I mean, yeah I guess it takes 2 rounds of doing stuff to bring a target back to life and you need your familiar there for the inbetween time, but seriously... what am I missing?

icefractal
2017-10-11, 01:15 AM
Isn't Healer's Handbook the one with the "more free potions every day" Druid archetype? It may be Pathfinder's Shining South / Serpent Kingdoms. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2017-10-11, 06:57 AM
Isn't Healer's Handbook the one with the "more free potions every day" Druid archetype? It may be Pathfinder's Shining South / Serpent Kingdoms. :smalltongue:

I think comparing a sorta-free rez at 18th-level to the book that gave us Pun-Pun is a bit specious :smalltongue: