PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Holy Armour, Frost Armour (item properties)

rferries
2017-10-11, 02:43 AM
Holy Armour n.b. can easily be adapted for the other alignments.
A suit of holy armour is imbued with holy power. This power makes the armour good-aligned and thus adds "evil" to the requirements of any damage reduction possessed by its wearer (e.g. damage reduction 5/magic becomes damage reduction 5/evil, damage reduction 3/adamantine becomes damage reduction 3/adamantine and evil, etc.).

Additionally, the armour bonus granted by the armour applies to the bearer's touch AC against the attacks of evil creatures and against touch attacks made with [Evil] spells.

Finally, the armour's enchantment bonus (enhancement bonus plus bonuses from special abilities) is added to the bearer's saves against the attacks of evil creatures and evil effects.

The armour bestows one negative level on any evil creature attempting to wear it. The negative level remains as long as the armour is worn and disappears when it is removed. This negative level never results in actual level loss, but it cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells) while the armour is worn.

Moderate evocation [good]; CL 7th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, holy smite, creator must be good; Price +2 bonus.

Sacred Armour
A suit of sacred armour functions as a suit of holy armour, with the following exceptions:

Firstly, the armour grants damage reduction/evil equal to its armour bonus (in addition to adding "evil" to the requirements of any other damage reduction possessed by its wearer).

Secondly, the wearer's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, gain the holy magic weapon special ability.

Finally, the armour bestows two negative levels on any evil creature attempting to wear it. The negative levels remain as long as the armour is worn and disappear when it is removed. These negative levels never results in actual level loss, but they cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells) while the armour is worn.

Strong abjuration [good]; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, holy aura, creator must be good; Price +4 bonus.

Frost Armour n.b. can easily be adapted for the other elements.
A suit of armor or a shield with this property normally has a bluish, icy hue or is adorned with furs and shaggy pelts. This bearer of the armour benefits from a constant resist energy (cold) effect as if from a spellcaster of their character level.

Additionally, the armour bonus granted by the armour applies to the bearer's touch AC against the attacks of cold creatures and against touch attacks made with [Cold] spells.

Finally, the armour's enchantment bonus (enhancement bonus plus bonuses from special abilities) is added to the bearer's saves against the attacks of cold creatures and cold effects.

Moderate evocation; CL 8th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, chill metal or ice storm; Price +1 bonus.

Icy Armour
A suit of icy armour functions as a suit of frost armour, with the following exceptions:

Firstly, the armour grants the cold subtype (cold immunity and fire vulnerability) to its wearer. A suit of armour with both the icy and fiery magic armour special abilities grants both the fire and cold subtypes (immunity to both cold and fire, vulnerability to neither).

Secondly, the wearer's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, gain the frost magic weapon special ability.

Finally, any creature that strikes the wearer in melee is damaged as if by a fire shield (chill shield) from a spellcaster of the wearer's caster level.

Strong abjuration [good]; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, polar ray, creator must be good; Price +3 bonus.

Westhart
2017-10-11, 08:05 AM
These all look nice, but for Sacred Armor: I would make the DR stack with similar (I think angels have DR/evil) DR. hmm not sure whether giving a +2 bonus (holy) from armor is alright... now do I want this or soulfire XD

rferries
2017-10-11, 01:47 PM
That raises an interesting conundrum -should celestials be allowed to wear this sort of armour, or should it already be "built-in" to their beings/flesh? It bugs me that the SRD angels, archons, etc aren't described as wearing armour.

Westhart
2017-10-11, 01:49 PM
"Huh? They aren't :smallconfused:?"
[Goes look]
"huh, never noticed that... maybe because the so called "NPC's are my "players" so they get equipped to when I DM :P

rferries
2017-10-11, 02:35 PM
Well in fairness hound archon paladins get armour, so celestials get gear with PC levels I suppose. I feel like celestials/fiends/etc should all have a special quality like those golden rilmani, where they have armour and weapons that are an intrinsic part of their being.