PDA

View Full Version : Teleport Legion sourcebook

Voltage
2017-10-11, 06:59 AM
Hello, I'm currently in a campaign where we need to teleport an army. 13th lvl sorcerer, but we can buy pretty much anything that is in an official book including scrolls of obscure spells. I found the spell Teleport Legion on an app I have that lists most spells published by Wotc, which seems to be exactly what we need, but I can't for the life of me find where it's from. I've tried google, been through all of the arcane books, Hero's of Battle, and many others without finding any other references to it. I was hoping one of you might recognize it. Thanks

Psyren
2017-10-11, 07:13 AM
My Google-fu tells me it's from Dragon #309, but I don't actually have that to confirm.

Eldariel
2017-10-11, 07:14 AM
Couldn't find it - perhaps Dragon, 3.0 or homebrew? FWIW you could use Teleport Circle from PHB to much the same effect.

EDIT: Ah, there you go.

Thurbane
2017-10-11, 05:23 PM
I believe this falls under "fair usage":

Teleport Legion
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: Willing creatures wihtin a 60 ft.-radius burst (see text)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

ksbsnowowl
2017-10-12, 02:26 AM
There's another way you could go about it, and would be as simple as two spells, and someone with any at-will SLA of a 1st level or higher spell.

Energy Transformation Field (SpC) + Greater Teleport set to your location of interest

Have a soldier stand in the middle of the ETF, and have your at-will SLA guy stand in the field, but off to the side. He just feeds his SLA into the field every round. After 7, or 4, or 3 rounds the field will activate the Greater Teleport on the soldier in the middle of the ETF. Then the next soldier in line steps forward, and a few rounds later he is teleported to the same spot.

With a second at-will SLA user, you can fuel the field even faster, even getting to the point of sending two soldiers per round, if the at-will SLA's are powerful enough.

unseenmage
2017-10-12, 02:59 PM
Just wanted to add that one Teleportation Circle can move an army rather efficeintly if said army is properly conducted.

There's also the Smoky Confinement spell which lets one put any number of creatures into a bottle. A resetting magic trap, Spell Clock, or Energy Transformation Field of such would be efficient

Lastly, there's the War Spell spell template. You can find a link to a discussion of it in my sig. Requires a feat though.

lylsyly
2017-10-12, 03:16 PM
Runs to closet ...

My Google-fu tells me it's from Dragon #309, but I don't actually have that to confirm.

I believe this falls under "fair usage":

Teleport Legion
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: Willing creatures wihtin a 60 ft.-radius burst (see text)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

... Yep Dragon #309, p. 51