PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick Adventure Game: The Shortening!

Joran
2007-08-15, 02:13 PM
So... Is this an expansion designed to shorten the original game? Or add more content? I'm confused.

Announcement from the front page:

Order of the Stick Adventure Game: The Shortening!:

Kevin from APE Games will be on hand to showcase our first OOTS board game expansion (more details on that later in the week).

Spider76
2007-08-16, 02:08 AM
Also really waiting for this expansion.
I do believe that it will add more content and not just change the rules for a shorter game.

(probably both together int the same box :smallsmile: )

Porthos
2007-08-17, 12:41 AM
So... Is this an expansion designed to shorten the original game? Or add more content? I'm confused.

Announcement from the front page:

From the original thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44754) that talks about this game:

Dungeon of Dorukan/The Shortening
Play the popular OOTS board game in just two hours with The Shortening expansion. With new monsters, new shticks, new backstories, and a certain lich who isn't going to just sit around and wait for you to get to the bottom of the dungeon, you'll have more fun in half the time.

Hopefully we'll get some playtesting reports soon. :smallsmile:

apegamer
2007-08-19, 06:49 AM
Hopefully folks will start posting reports here soon, as we've been playing the game all weekend at GenCon.

Chrismith
2007-08-19, 04:25 PM
Any news on when it will be available for order? Is it pretty much ready to go at this point, or is it still under development?

The Giant
2007-08-23, 11:20 PM
It's still under late playtesting development, and I still have some art left to do on it. So no release information yet.

donkyhotay
2007-09-01, 03:12 PM
Is the 'shortening' part of the linear guild expansion or is it a completely different expansion?

apegamer
2007-09-03, 12:11 PM
Is the 'shortening' part of the linear guild expansion or is it a completely different expansion?

It's a completely different game. The Shortening is designed to provide ways to shorten the game while the Linear Guild game will allow players to take the role of the Linear Guild characters.

Cpt. Sqweky
2007-09-08, 09:55 AM
This might be a dumb question, but... will the Linear Guild have the same additional rules as the Shortening, or will there be another Shortening expansion for the Linear Guild?

apegamer
2007-09-08, 10:39 AM
This might be a dumb question, but... will the Linear Guild have the same additional rules as the Shortening, or will there be another Shortening expansion for the Linear Guild?

Not a dumb question. The goal is to make the LG game shorter by design.

ArcadianRefugee
2009-09-10, 09:18 AM
Not a dumb question. The goal is to make the LG game shorter by design.

I know this is two years later, but did either of these expansions ever see the light of day?

apegamer
2009-09-10, 03:52 PM
I know this is two years later, but did either of these expansions ever see the light of day?

Not yet, unfortunately. Don't lose hope, though!

The Recreator
2009-09-10, 07:02 PM
It's still under late playtesting development, and I still have some art left to do on it. So no release information yet.

So close… yet so far…

Ah well. Take your time.