PDA

View Full Version : Future character Plans

Sargentpsychooo
2017-10-11, 03:47 PM
Hi, Currently I am in a DND 3.5 undead campaign

I have a level 4 fighter/1 war blade character with the feats: weapon focus (GS), weapon specialization (GS),power attack, Cleve, throw anything, Necropotent, and toughness.

Any ideas on where to take the character at future levels?
Stats:18str, 16dex, 18 con, 16int, 10wis, 9cha

flappeercraft
2017-10-11, 04:00 PM
Hunter of the Dead from CW isn't a bad PrC to go into. Especially because of the 5th level class feature that prevents undead from coming back.

Sargentpsychooo
2017-10-11, 04:06 PM
Hunter of the Dead from CW isn't a bad PrC to go into. Especially because of the 5th level class feature that prevents undead from coming back.

Sadly that class requires me to have the ability to turn undead, which I don't.

Blackhawk748
2017-10-11, 04:13 PM
Simple question, why do you have Toughness and Throw Anything? Toughness...isn't great and isnt a pre req for anything i can think of and Throw Anything seems a bit weird in your Greatsword focused build.

As for build ideas, Kensai is always solid.

Sargentpsychooo
2017-10-11, 04:17 PM
Simple question, why do you have Toughness and Throw Anything? Toughness...isn't great and isnt a pre req for anything i can think of and Throw Anything seems a bit weird in your Greatsword focused build.

As for build ideas, Kensai is always solid.

My DM allows toughness to give me +3 HP per level so it's quite helpful and I actually have a chain of returning that basically lets me put the returning property on anything, hence throw anything.

Nifft
2017-10-11, 04:20 PM
Hi, Currently I am in a DND 3.5 undead campaign

I have a level 4 fighter/1 war blade character with the feats: weapon focus (GS), weapon specialization (GS),power attack, Cleve, throw anything, Necropotent, and toughness.

Any ideas on where to take the character at future levels?
Stats:18str, 16dex, 18 con, 16int, 10wis, 9cha

Is it possible to retrain as a Warblade 5, and then keep taking more Warblade levels? You'd lose 3 feats (Toughness, Throw Anything, and Weapon Spec), but you'd get more HP from +4 Warblade levels of d12 than Toughness gave you, and you could pick up Weapon Spec at level 6 if you really want it.

IMHO the benefits of Warblade greatly outweigh the perks a Fighter gets, especially when your Dexterity is high enough to not need heavy armor.

Blackhawk748
2017-10-11, 04:22 PM
My DM allows toughness to give me +3 HP per level so it's quite helpful and I actually have a chain of returning that basically lets me put the returning property on anything, hence throw anything.

Oh, see that makes sense. Also i forgot that theres a prestige class called Bloodstorm Blade that revolves around chucking stuf. It requires you to have Point Blank Shot instead of Throw Anything (which you get for free in the PrC), so if your DM is cool with retraining you could swap those around.