PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How can I combine Divine Grace and Way of the Shooting Star?

Tarlek Flamehai
2017-10-11, 04:04 PM
So folks, I am trying to get a Pathfinder legal method of combining a class ability with a Lawful Good requirement with a feat that has a Chaotic Good requirement. Pathfinder material only, no D&D material allowed. On the other hand, all 3rd party Pathfinder material available on Paizo.com is allowed.

Any class and any non-evil alignment are fine, any race less than CR 1 is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Xethik
2017-10-11, 04:16 PM
Probably not what you are looking for, but I believe a Splintersoul Vigilante (Antihero's Handbook) could manage this. Just not benefit from both at the same time, unfortunately.

Tarlek Flamehai
2017-10-11, 05:21 PM
Probably not what you are looking for, but I believe a Splintersoul Vigilante (Antihero's Handbook) .....

Yes, I wanted to do them at the same time. Also, I cannot find this archetype online anywhere?

Mithril Leaf
2017-10-11, 06:29 PM
Technically all you have to do is worship Desna, but since you aren't a cleric there is no requirement that you be within one alignment of them. I'm sure Desna would love to have your Paladin, so long as he fought against Tyranny.

ATHATH
2017-10-11, 07:49 PM
It's a shame that 3.5e material isn't allowed. The Ordered Chaos feat (and maybe the Heretic of the Faith feat as well/as an alternative) sounds pretty much exactly like what you want.

Necroticplague
2017-10-11, 08:39 PM
So folks, I am trying to get a Pathfinder legal method of combining a class ability with a Lawful Good requirement with a feat that has a Chaotic Good requirement. Pathfinder material only, no D&D material allowed. On the other hand, all 3rd party Pathfinder material available on Paizo.com is allowed.

Well, if third-party's on the table, this should do it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/house-rules/classes/paladin-of-freedom/).

Castilonium
2017-10-11, 09:15 PM
Mithral Leaf is correct. You don't need a particular feat, class dip, trait, third party thing, or anything else. You can be a paladin and worship Desna, because paladins are not a class that requires you to be within one step of your deity like clerics or inquisitors. Some paladin archetypes do, like Sacred Servant, but those also go out of their way to say you need to be within a step of your deity.

The d20pfsrd page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/divine-fighting-technique-combat/) for Divine Fighting Technique is, as is so often the case on that website, out of date. Here is the up to date one (http://archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Divine%20Fighting%20Tech nique). The prerequisites in Weapon Master's Handbook were different than what they are now, and since Divine Anthology was released later, its rules supersede the ones in Weapon Master's Handbook. The only prerequisite now is worship, not having a compatible alignment.

Tarlek Flamehai
2017-10-12, 07:28 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that d20pfsrd was out of date. This solves my problem, thank you all very much.

Xethik
2017-10-12, 10:25 AM
Worth noting that you do need to be within one-step of your patron deity in Pathfinder Society, but I don't think that is a concern here.

RE: Spintersoul, Antihero's Handbook has just come out, so it will be some time before it ends up on d20pfsrd and Archives of Nethys.