PDA

View Full Version : Sibyllic Guardian War Mind?

danielxcutter
2017-10-12, 01:58 AM
A Sibyllic Guardian is a monster from Complete Psionic, a CR 10 archon with a number of PLAs and SLAs, and a couple of Su abilities too(which seem to be par for the course for archons).

I want to make an elite Sibyllic Guardian, one that could be used as a decently powerful NPC. Sadly, aren't enough low-level buff powers to half-ass it like you can with caster classes(looking at you Wraithstrike), Fighter is bland, and most other options are pretty meh in terms of fluff.

War Mind sounds like a good enough choice for a flavorful NPC, if not the most optimal. It needs a power point reserve to enter, the requirements are easy to meet for a Sibyllic Guardian, and even if it's weaker than Psychic Warrior, actually taking levels in it would be playing catch-up waaaay behind them. I guess martial adept classes or dips in meldshaper classes could work too, but the flavor is a bit meh for me. Fluff is more important than crunch, as I want to keep on with the "psionic celestial warrior" fluff these archons have.

If this works enough to, well, not suck, any advice for feats, powers, and equipment? Sticking with the feats bog-standard Sibyllic Guardians have in terms of HD feats, since they're good enough in my opinion.

Remember that monsters with PC class levels use the elite array by default.