PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Gunslinger/Coglayer build help

Holya
2017-10-12, 03:18 PM
My DM allows for a very large mix of books. Hell I can use any book from 3.0,3.5,pathfinder, and some web erratas. The only book he outright bans in Magic of incarnium and a few things from Serpent kingdoms.

So with that in mind can anyone help me make a gun slinger who is taking the bolt ace archetype that also rolls into a coglayer? My idea for the character was to be a kitsune or possibly other animal shifting person like a tibbet that uses the great crossbow from races of stone but it is heavily modified to shoot heated spikes of metal. Think the crossbow from half life 2 that fired heated rebar. I've already talked this over with my DM and they said I would need a different chassis on the crossbow since the heated metal would just set it on fire. But I have no idea what material would work well for that or what I should do in terms of feats since he is again mixing pathfinder and ALL 3.5/3.0 material besides a select few.

I have also looked at the gun slinger guide so I know I should take at most five levels of gun slinger. But beyond that can anyone help? More so with the dragon mech side of things with the coglayer since it just seems like it would be a fun and interesting character to have this monstrosity of a crossbow that equally terrifies and amazes people?