PDA

View Full Version : Bizard?

goatmeal
2017-10-12, 09:56 PM
I rolled a high cha, higher int character and was wondering if there was a reason to multiclass wizard and bard.

Specter
2017-10-12, 10:20 PM
There is, as long as you keep your priorities straight.

Even 1 level of Bard gives you Bardic Inspiration, which can save your allies when the time comes, plus goodies like Faerie Fire and Cure Wounds.

As for Wizard, I'd aim for 2 levels instead of 1 because the school features are usually very good.

I don't think there's much that helps Bard 3 or Wizard 3 in these conditions so pick one main class and stick to it.

If you're aiming for long term goodness, I'd say Bard 6/Conjurer 14 to have every Conjured Animal summoned with a bunch of extra HP.

Honest Tiefling
2017-10-12, 10:32 PM
The portent ability of the diviner wizard is a really good reason to go Wizard 2. It also works thematically with a seeker of knowledge in my opinion, which is one way to fluff this multiclass, because I assume you're going College of Lore. Cutting Words is nice, but I am not sure I'd want to delay progression to get it. If you are determined to have more then 2 levels, look at it.

Is there another arcane caster in the group? If you have another wizard, it might be more interesting to mutliclass to a higher level as to get a separate niche from the other guy.

And yes, you did mention bard, but I think I have to mention the classic Warlock 2 dip for some invocations and other goodies. It's popular for a reason, after all.

Beechgnome
2017-10-12, 10:53 PM
I like one level of Bard with the Enchanter wizard. Bard gives you 4 spells up front, bardic inspiration and then enchantment spells the wizard just doesn't get: Heroism, Dissonant Whispers, Animal Friendship and Bane. All but bane would work with enchanter's 'split enchantment' feature at 10th level. You don't have to take all 4, of course; as earlier pointed out, faerie fire, healing word, cure wounds are all good choices.

Crgaston
2017-10-13, 02:00 AM
A Bizard is clearly a Snoop Dogg-inspired Bard with one level of Wizard for the Alarm, Color Spray, Fog Cloud and Hideous Laughter spells.
🙃

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-13, 04:31 AM
A Bizard is clearly a Snoop Dogg-inspired Bard with one level of Wizard for the Alarm, Color Spray, Fog Cloud and Hideous Laughter spells.
🙃

...This sounds wonderfully quirky. I bet they got proficiency in 'Herbalism', too?

nickl_2000
2017-10-13, 06:41 AM
...This sounds wonderfully quirky. I bet they got proficiency in 'Herbalism', too?

I'm pretty sure I would DM handwave it for that character and give a bonus expertise in Herbalism

goatmeal
2017-10-13, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Hadn't thought of snoop dog or herbalism at all with this character. More of a gnome trickster.

I don't know the composition of the party ahead of time. I was thinking to start Bard and go wizard from there on our.

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-13, 09:00 AM
Is it a Bizard or a Ward?

Specter
2017-10-13, 09:08 AM
Is it a Bizard or a Ward?

His rap name would be Bizard Bardizard.

Sigreid
2017-10-13, 09:16 AM
If it's a character that might go to 20, you either want to cut off bard at 3 or wizard at 2. Reason being you otherwise cut off your best access to level 9 spells. Personally, I would go valor bard 3, wizard x, filling in the bard 3 first.

goatmeal
2017-10-13, 09:30 AM
Thought about ward, bizard sounded better.

Doubt it will get to 20, focus will be on wizard side, though. (18 in, 15 ch from rolls and race.)

To the snoop fans I will say this much, i was planning for him to have a clockwork toy dog, and now I'm thinking to name it Broadus.

Sigreid
2017-10-13, 09:33 AM
Thought about ward, bizard sounded better.

Doubt it will get to 20, focus will be on wizard side, though. (18 in, 15 ch from rolls and race.)

To the snoop fans I will say this much, i was planning for him to have a clockwork toy dog, and now I'm thinking to name it Broadus.

I would definitely do 3 bard first then for better weapons and armor, inspiration, more skills and expertise in 2 skills. You just get a lot more out of hitting bard first.