PDA

View Full Version : TWF math help?

Thunderson
2017-10-13, 12:52 AM
So I'm in a gestalt game. My character is a Goliath Barbarian/Druid (super fun), but I recently discovered that With Monkey Grip and Powerful Build, my DM has ruled that I can dual wield my Mattock of the Titans (I've upgraded it to a + 5) and my Mace of Ruin, a naturally +7 item.
Ive got TWF, Improved TWF, TWF defense, and Greater TWF. So if the Mattock is in my main-hand, and the Mace of ruin is in my off-hand, and I've got a +15 Strength bonus, and +24 BAB, how many attacks would I get, and what are their Bonuses?
Thank you in advance. I know this may seem simple to most of you. I'm not quite sure why its hard for me to get.

Allanimal
2017-10-13, 01:09 AM
So I'm in a gestalt game. My character is a Goliath Barbarian/Druid (super fun), but I recently discovered that With Monkey Grip and Powerful Build, my DM has ruled that I can dual wield my Mattock of the Titans (I've upgraded it to a + 5) and my Mace of Ruin, a naturally +7 item.
Ive got TWF, Improved TWF, TWF defense, and Greater TWF. So if the Mattock is in my main-hand, and the Mace of ruin is in my off-hand, and I've got a +15 Strength bonus, and +24 BAB, how many attacks would I get, and what are their Bonuses?
Thank you in advance. I know this may seem simple to most of you. I'm not quite sure why its hard for me to get.

If the mace is considered a light weapon with your DMs ruling, the TWF penalties are -2/-2

Therefore you would have: (edited with Eldariel's corrections)

+42 (24 BAB, 15 str, 5 mattock, -2 TWF)
+44 (24 BAB, 15 str, 7 mace, -2 TWF)
+37 (24 BAB, 15 str, 5 mattock, -2 TWF, -5 1st iterative)
+39 (24 BAB, 15 str, 7 mace, -2 TWF, -5 1st iterative)
+32 (24 BAB, 15 str, 5 mattock, -2 TWF, -10 2nd iterative)
+34 (24 BAB, 15 str, 7 mace, -2 TWF, -10 2nd iterative)
+27 (24 BAB, 15 str, 5 mattock, -2 TWF, -15 3rd iterative)

If you have any natural attacks, they would be at a -5 from your highest attack bonus.

Eldariel
2017-10-13, 02:11 AM
He has GTF so he'd also have +34 attack with the +7 Mace. And there's no 4th iterative regardless of BAB as per epic rules. Cap is 4 mainhand attacks, 3 of which are iteratives.

Thus, remove the 4th iterative and add a 2nd offhand iterative.