PDA

View Full Version : Oath of vengence Paladin and Trickery Cleric build.

Tai Dollar sign
2017-10-13, 10:14 PM
I was invited to a game of D&D and i really have my mind set on going Oath of Vengence to 7 then Cleric into Trickery. Any thoughts while i research?

Specter
2017-10-13, 10:42 PM
Well, the first problem is MADness. If you roll low, focus on low-save spells like Bless and curing.

Otherwise, I think it could work. Vow of Enmity + Duplicate means insane advantage even against invisible foes, so be sure to rock that GWM for -5.

Also, Mirror Image. It's too underrated.

Tai Dollar sign
2017-10-13, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the insight. I'm thinking OoV till 5 get that misty step then trickery till cloak. I could even buff monkey up till some real offense. Any idea on fighting style? And race? I plan to go half Orc for race and Dueling or GWF?

Throne12
2017-10-14, 07:34 AM
For race I'll have to say go half elf it v-humanhivrs you +2 cha and two +1's so you can put +1 in STR and wis then you have the +2 for cha. This will help with you being MAD needing str,cha,wis,and con .

Specter
2017-10-14, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the insight. I'm thinking OoV till 5 get that misty step then trickery till cloak. I could even buff monkey up till some real offense. Any idea on fighting style? And race? I plan to go half Orc for race and Dueling or GWF?

If you're going Paladin 5, then you should definitely go to 6 to get Aura of Protrction, it's too good to pass.

With as many ways to get advantage you'll have, going GWM is never a bad idea. But if you want something less costly, Dueling/Defense are fine.

jaappleton
2017-10-14, 10:16 AM
You can kind of combine both of them into a single class, if your group allows Unearthed Arcana.

Treachery Paladin

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UAPaladin_SO_20161219_1.pdf

lunaticfringe
2017-10-14, 11:16 AM
You can kind of combine both of them into a single class, if your group allows Unearthed Arcana.

Treachery Paladin

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UAPaladin_SO_20161219_1.pdf

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Tai Dollar sign
2017-10-14, 10:10 PM
*gasps* i shall ask that would cool. Is the full spell list somewhere? Thank you very much.