PDA

View Full Version : Tales of.....(series thread)

Volug
2007-08-15, 08:06 PM
im wondering if any1 here plays this great series :). almost better then final fantasy.

out of the 3 ive played (ToS,ToL,TotA)
i'd have to say that Tales of Symphonia is my favorite of them all.
even though i sadly sold my soul to that game after beating it for the 18th time......
Still one of my favorite games of all time.

Ettlesby
2007-08-15, 08:09 PM
I love the series! I've played a little of Tales of Phantasia, and I've beaten Tales of Symphonia, like...three times. I've played and beaten Tales of the World 3, and I'm currently looking to find Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia for the PS1. I have an American PS2 or I'd go ahead and get the new version of Destiny.

Volug
2007-08-15, 08:15 PM
im looking to find tales of phantasia. (heard the voice acting is SO BAD its funny)

i dont have a PSP so i cant get the one for that... and i heard you can chose your own class!!! bummer....

oh yah im holding a ToS campain... not sure if i should bring it up... but just for those interested to play it DnD style :smalltongue:

Ettlesby
2007-08-15, 08:18 PM
im looking to find tales of phantasia. (heard the voice acting is SO BAD its funny)

i dont have a PSP so i cant get the one for that... and i heard you can chose your own class!!! bummer....

oh yah im holding a ToS campain... not sure if i should bring it up... but just for those interested to play it DnD style :smalltongue:

Cool.

I don't play DnD myself, but I do enjoy reading the threads about it...

The voice-acting in the GBA one is...kinda-bad in some places.

I don't know about the SNES one. 'Cause I can't understand Japanese...

Volug
2007-08-15, 08:23 PM
i personally laugh so hard during this i almost wet myself :smallbiggrin:

after the first time i saw it though it didnt seem to be that funny. but the DBZ part NEVER gets old:smallcool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDBjoAKN_MU

Ettlesby
2007-08-15, 08:57 PM
i personally laugh so hard during this i almost wet myself :smallbiggrin:

after the first time i saw it though it didnt seem to be that funny. but the DBZ part NEVER gets old:smallcool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDBjoAKN_MU

Heheh. Awesome.

You gotta love Indignation, though.

Volug
2007-08-15, 09:00 PM
yeah. my favorite spell is a variant of indignation. i think is called "final indignation" and its genis's best spell in ToS. not sure if its called that though. but i know idignation is in the name.

BanjoTheClown
2007-08-16, 12:13 AM
Id say the only funny voice acting was in the beginning when Dhaos says "What the Heck". Oh and ToS Is my favorite Tales Game.

PlatinumJester
2007-08-16, 01:42 PM
I tried to beat ToS in less 100 hours. My time was 100 hours and 2 minutes :smallfrown:. Raine was definatly the best character in that one.

Volug
2007-08-16, 04:06 PM
raine gets behind once you start getting higher levels. but learns this AWSOME move. i 4got it though. she still really good though.

and my best time is maybe 28 hours.... skipping just about every side quest though and not taking time to lvl up.

B-Man
2007-08-16, 05:07 PM
I loved Tales of Symphonia and I really hope that Namco decides to release Tales of Symphonia 2 in English (after it's released). It would give me another reason to buy a Wii. I remember I beat the game in little over 50 hours, first time 'round and 18 hours the second time (whilst watching all the story). A shame that they didn't release the PS2 version in English. I want to use Kratos'/Zelos' Shining Bind!

Volug
2007-08-16, 05:10 PM
i have a wii hahahaha (jk jk)

yah i would got the PS2 version if it were in english. and i manly play kratos/zelos the whole time.