PDA

View Full Version : Mythical Quests and Worlds Uncharted! (Ic B)

Pages : [1] 2

Savarin
2017-10-14, 11:09 AM
My profession? Why I’m a scholar I study ancient temples and past kingdoms. Many don’t believe it’s work to be proud of. But there is so much to discover so much to know! Clearly he is very passionate about his work.

Oh pardon me! My name is Seracull. Might I be aware of your name sir? he says with a friendly smile.

Fliggl
2017-10-14, 12:06 PM
Fitzgerald van der Kerkhof, Paladin of Kelemvor! I'm delighted to make your acquaintance! he said proud.

And further Please, Seracull, tell me: why are you needing men for your way home? What do you expect could happen? Is there anything I should know about this missions? Something like “we are crossing the snake-valley, so antidote would be helpfull“ you know?

Fitzgerald seems really interested

Savarin
2017-10-14, 05:40 PM
Well recently I’ve from some relics from a past temple. It indicates a past civilization. When I inspected further I realized there might be more temples! Some are close to my home. So as we travel to deliver the relics to Serexxs we might look into one. Seracull says very eagerly. His research means a great deal to him.

Fliggl
2017-10-15, 04:17 AM
so this mission isn't about to accompany you home, it's more of a expedition to the ancient temples? Fitzgerald was a bit confused and slightly annoyed.

Seracull, please don't get me wrong, but I see you allready have 5 strong men he's waving with his hand from guard to guard and I don't know if my sword is really needed here! I would really be upset, if your venture didn't succeed, but maybe here is somebody else who does not have support from this (OOC:
This? These? Help me, plz :P) brave men. I hope you accept my cancellation! I wish you all the best and good luck. May Kelemvor always be your guide

Savarin
2017-10-15, 10:01 AM
Its both. Sorry if this displeases you but we don’t know for certain if the temple is there. So we are just going to confirm it’s location. I’m still returning home with the relics I’ve found. Better safe then sorry I always think. Securing the relics and confirming a new location if possible. Seracull looks sadden to see you go and added this as a after thought. If it helps normally any gold there we split evenly. Or any new treasures if it’s unknown I would like to document it first though. he finished hoping it would get you interested in rejoining.

Fliggl
2017-10-15, 11:24 AM
Dear sir! It's not the gold what motivates me! Fitzgerald answerd friendly. He wasn't upset - he knows what gold can do to more greedy people.

And then he continued, still with a smile on his face I want to help people! And fortunately you aren't one of the poor souls where all hope is gone!

Then, after a short break: see,
Seracull, give me a little. I don't want you to feel like 2nd choice, but when I find nobody who is really in trouble and I could help, it would be a pleasure to accompany you home.

Savarin
2017-10-15, 02:21 PM
WIth a sad nod he sits down waiting for more applicants to join.

You can go to ic a to look through new jobs or opportunities :)

Savarin
2017-10-16, 10:14 AM
—————————————————————————Valerians.

Anything you say before heading to bed? From last Ic a thread lol

Fliggl
2017-10-16, 11:48 AM
Yes it wouldn’t be hard to destroy the booth. Roland laughs But we don’t know for certain and if we go attacking any Ratasca men how is that right? It will bring chaos wherever we go. If we catch them in the act it’s a different matter entirely.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?539165-Mythical-Quests-and-Worlds-Uncharted!-(Ic-B)

Fitzgerald looked surprised. how could I forget that?
He apologized for this stupid question.

when do we start?

Savarin
2017-10-16, 12:59 PM
I think we will set off in the morning. Go get some rest you’ll need it hahahaha. We move on foot because it’s saves on the coin. he pats his monster sized legs. We believe you should always be able to get to where you want to go from your own power.

Gl fliggi they drive a hard pace!

Fliggl
2017-10-16, 01:27 PM
That's exactly what Sir Tython always said! Fitzgerald remembers his hurting feet during his training. But he is excited and ready to take all the strain.

It's for the greater good he thought.

Good, then we meet tomorrow!
Good night Roland!

He leaves the booth searching for an inn. He orders a meal, rents a room, prays to Kelemvor at sundown, meditates and writes a letter to his parents where he told them about his new mission. Then he goes to bed having a dreamless night.
At sunrise he goes to Roland and his brothers

how much for the meal and inn?

Savarin
2017-10-16, 05:16 PM
2g 5sp

Ah glad to see you joining us Fitzgerald! Looking around you see three other men besides the Valerins. Twice the turnout of last year Sigurd buhahaha. It’s a good sign. Roland says with a heartwarming smile. He pics up a pack that must be nearly two hundred pounds! He swings it over his shoulder like it was nothing. The other valerians do the same. We head to Durinhelt! With that he and the Valerians bound off. Running barely at a pace you and the other men can keep up with.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 03:55 AM
They are running. Just running. There was no speaking. Just..... running.

After one of the new recruits stumbles they decided that it's time for a break. The Valerians couldn't understand why there has to be one but they knew the small humans well enough to let them make a halt.

when do we arrive our destination? one of the others asked.

Soon after a few deep breath and a sip from the waterskin the Valerians rush them to hurry up.

There's little to do for Fitzgerald...I hope it's okay, that I “told the story further“. I just want to write something that you know I'm reading but... He's just running :)

Savarin
2017-10-17, 09:50 AM
It was maybe 2-3 days travel. But at this slower pace maybe 5days. Roland says his breath even.

The recruit in the chain mail panting says ha....ha....I can’t keep this up for...another five days.....ha....I’m sorry but I must decline your invite. Roland nods at his words not stopping him from going. The other two recruits a boy wielding a spear maybe 15. The other a chubby middle aged man around 35. Both are breathing hard but don’t mention giving up.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 10:15 AM
5 days of travel... of running...
Oh boy, you make that! Don't be weak! Breath evenly! Stop thinking! Just do it! This running will have an end... Only 5 days left! Stop thinking! Just run!

Fitzgerald tries to ignore the upcoming pain

Savarin
2017-10-17, 10:25 AM
Good man Fitzgerald! Well let’s get moving only 6 more hours until we make camp! They pick up there sacks and set off the youth follows right after determined to keep up. The man on he otherhand sets off wearily Not too cut out for this as I’m use to hahaha.... Then heads off.

feel free to say anything lol,

When you reached camp the boy collapses on the ground; clearly spent. The man sits down trying to relieve the pain. The Valerians chuckle at your lack of stamina. You will get used to it in a few days.Im going to hunt. Roland says grabbing a spear. Thurn, Sigurd please tend to the camp our new friends don’t look like they can manage right now. Roland says with a smile. Quickly a fire is set up, and a tree chopped down from Sigurd he makes a two large benches and with a small stockpile of wood. Valerians are ridiculous!

The boy says How can they keep running that long...it’s impossible.. the older man nods in agreement. As he sits on one of the logs by the fire.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 12:19 PM
My waterskin is empty... Fitzgerald still has to concentrate to breath evenly. He stands up, goes to the near river, refills his waterskin and then he washes his sweaty body.
At sundown he prays like everyday to Kelemvor, than he meditates.

After this he goes back to the camp. He says nothing, just a nod to his fellows.
Save your breath, Fitzgerald,
you will need it... he thoughts.

Physically present but with his mind far away he stares into the fire.

Savarin
2017-10-17, 01:09 PM
Roland comes back with a massive boar strung behind his shoulder. Brouht dinner! Hope nobody minds it should help restore some energy He smiles. As he goes about skinning the boar you realize it’s bigger then you.

Soon the boar is cooking over the fire. With a sweet flavor coming off it. Roland is cleaning his spear while Thurn is making the board hide into a nice big cloak. The boars tusks set aside. Its mighty quite Roland says with a smile.

Brother look at em clearly there’s done for the day. I don’t know if they even have enough energy to go relieve themselves Sigurd laughs.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 02:41 PM
Quietly he sits near the fire getting almost hypnotized by the flames. Then he had a big chunk of meat in front of him.

how long were I sitting here? he asked suprised.

The first two mouthful were nearly to exhausting to chew but then Fitzgerald spirits reawake dis some rea''y goo' mea' he said and bite another piece of. It was the best thing he ever ate

Savarin
2017-10-17, 02:54 PM
Glad ya like it hahahaha. Eat you fill afterwards you all probably will need some sleep! The boy after eating a large amount went to sleep quickly the man on the otherhand couldn’t eat as much. He washed off and laid down trying to get sleep.

Any goodnight posts? Lol afterwards next day! :smallbiggrin:

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 03:29 PM
This is what I needed he said and ended his sentence with a loud burp.

Fitzgerald once again wents to the river, washes his hands and face and comes back to the fireplace.

He takes his bedroll and lays down for the night.

One of five is done. With this in mind he falls asleep instantly

Savarin
2017-10-17, 03:37 PM
When you awoke the boar carcass was all bones. All meat ate or dried from the previous night. The Valerians were waking people up. It was just daybreak. Rise and shine laddies! We move out! If you have anything you want to say. We can talk when we run. He helps everyone pack there belongings. When your all set they start running again at the ground breaking pace of yesterday.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 03:58 PM
Here I am. Running again.
My feet hurt. Stop it. Remember the days of your training. Clear your mind. Breath calmly. Focus nothing. Do it. Fitzgerald said no word. A lot of questions unasked but not important at the momemt.

Sir Tython instructed him in meditation. And he knew that this was the key to manage this exhausting situation.

very nice so far. Especially because i want to take the “charging smite“ acf from phb2 and THIS would be the reason, why i have no mount :)

Savarin
2017-10-17, 05:19 PM
nice! Lol

It grows later into the evening. You eat and rest again days pass. On the 4th of travel the boy collapses by the road his body can’t go on. I can’t keep running...please can we rest. he pleads with the Valerians.

We made good time for today so resting early would be fine. Roland says without any sadness in his voice. Knowing how hard you all worked. Looking to his right then at his brother he says once more There is a stream to my left Roland says pointing away from where he looked. Anyone who wants to refill there water and rest should head over then. Eat up while you at it. We will set off again in a few hours.

The man supports the boy as they walked to the stream. Thurn goes with them to show the way. While Roland and Sigurd stay on the road.

Fliggl
2017-10-17, 11:19 PM
Fitzgerald is following Thurn. He refilled his waterskin and took his bedroll out of his backpack. After a small meal he falls asleep.

Very little was spoken the last 4 days.

Savarin
2017-10-17, 11:36 PM
You awake hearing a few screams then silence. Thurn and your other two companions are with you. But not Sigurd and Roland. The screams came from the direction you left to get to the stream.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 12:09 AM
screams. Wake up! Function! Fitzgerald thoughts.
Where does this scream came from and where are your brothers Thurn? he directed his question to the Valerian.

what time is it? Is it dark? Is a fire burning?
If it's dark I will light up my torch - with flint&steel or at the burning fire.

Trees around us? If I can see well enough (b/c its enough daylight or so) I try to climb one and look if i see anything suspicious.

Climb [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Savarin
2017-10-18, 12:49 AM
Calm Fitzgerald! Roland and Sigurd are taking care of the problem. It should be over soon. Get some rest.

About 2pm you were only sleeping for about 2 hours. No fire burn8ng. And it’s still light. Yes there are trees covering your view. But your on,y a few hundred feet from the road roughly 250. You don’t see anything suspicious from where your at though.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 01:07 AM
ok... fine.
Fitzgerald “visits a tree“, then goes sleeping afterwards

Savarin
2017-10-18, 01:18 AM
A few hours later Roland and Sigurd come back spears covered in blood. Both are unharmed. Hope everyone’s all set to head out? We’re nearly there. As you walk back to the road it’s covered with blood. There was about 8 piles of fresh dirt on the ground. The same one would see if they were to bury someone...

Any questions before setting out once more?

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 01:47 AM
Looking at the dirt piles while passing by Fitzgerald opens his mouth to ask what has happend. But at the same moment he shuts it again and continoued running.

He thought later. Save your breath. Nothing you can do right now. At least they burried them. Now run

Savarin
2017-10-18, 03:41 AM
You set up camp one last time and set off the area turning more rocky as you head into the mountains. A few hours before noon Roland stops. Durinhelt is ahead. He points towards some stones further down the rocky path. Looking closer you realize the stone tops were roofs. The city was made out of stone! We will rest inside of a tavern tonight boys! Get the Fatigue out of our bones. He says with a laugh for the last stretch.

When you reached the entrance Roland showed the guards some information; making all of you enter easily. The guard gives each of you a polished stone necklace. It was both crude and beautiful. Walking down two streets Roland enters a building ‘Rocksalt Smashers’.

Jen we will need some rooms! Just came up from Alrin. A woman; Jen looked up. She walked up to Roland standing just a head beneath him. Hunting those bandits again? No matter second floor last three rooms are yours. She said with a smile.

Everyone has the rest of the day to do whatever they like. Get as much rest as possible tomorrow we begin the hunt! Roland says eagerly. Finally able to free up the roads.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 05:25 AM
Finally! Fitzgerald smiled! He claps his two fellows on the back.
Sorry for beeing so introvert the last days but I had to focus on not beeing slow, you know?!
Let me introduce myself: I'm Fitzgerald van der Kerkhof and I'm glad, we made it! He reaches the others his hand.

Don't know what you guys are doing now, but I need a herbalist. Hopefully he has something for my flayed feet

how much does this necklace weight? I'm near to medium load (49/50) and it would be pretty #&%?! if i become encumbered because of this. Ninja and so.

Savarin
2017-10-18, 10:44 AM
About a pound heavy for a necklace.

Im Joey. I might just go get some food and rest early. He looked exhausted but relieved that he made it. Names Liftar I think I lost most of the flag on my stomach after a run like that hahahaha. He pats his stomach and it’s true. Looking noticeably slimmer then before.

Fitzgerald their is an alchemist close to the gate we entered from. They should have something to relieve and travel fatigue. Roland says before heading after Jen. Sigurd and Thurn go sit down by the bar keep and start to drink some ale while asking for updated information about the bandits.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 11:49 AM
Fitzgerald moves upstairs and puts his backpack in the corner. Besides his Bastard Sword he carries nothing but his clothes, the necklace and his money. Now he feels even more better.

He walked to the alchemist and told him, what he is looking for. Glad that they had a balm, Fitzgerald went back to the tavern. After a good dinner, he took a bath, lotions his feet, prayed, meditated and then he jumped into a too large bed a fall asleep the next second.

how much for food and balm?
Room is for free, isn't it?

Savarin
2017-10-18, 12:25 PM
Yep room I saw free. Food was 5sp healing balm is 10g

Also you get a bonus!

Bonus feats
-Run
-Endurance.

Because of the hard march :)

Jen knocks on your door the next morning. Roland and Sigurd are waiting for you by the gate. He asked you to meet him. She says and proceeds to knock on the other doors saying the same. Joey and Liftar walk with you to the gate.

Thurn went on ahead to scout he should meet up with us on the road. Any questions before we set off? Roland asks.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 01:15 PM
Thanks Jen! You have the best beds all around! he laughs.

Good morning fellows! Yeah, I have a question:
Are we talking about the incident? Fitzgerald knew that asking this could be like stepping on Rolands toe and it's not his business, but he wants to now.

Savarin
2017-10-18, 01:24 PM
Fitzgerald which incident do you mean? Roland says curiously. Clearly he isn’t understanding what you meant.

The incident of bandits in the area or the 8 piles of dirt? Lol just have to be sure.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 01:33 PM
yeah! TheI one with the dirt piles

Ahmm... he cleard his throat I'm talking about the bloody mess in the woods. I mean, and please don't get me wrong, what has happend? I woke up because of a single scream which was definitely not yours.
And then the eight graves. This were graves, right? I know, I wasn't involved and so and that I'm not in the position to judge you - what I'm not doing - I just want to know.

Savarin
2017-10-18, 02:14 PM
Ah those. He pauses and thinks. I noticed them when Joey fell. You all looked to tired to fight. So Thurn was there to guard you while we dealt with them. They didn’t seem like bandits. But attacked us regardless. Sigurd and I looked them over but they didn’t have anything to tell us about them. We buried them and that was it. Anything else about it? I didn’t find much about them. Roland asks. Not sure what else he could say about it.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 02:27 PM
No, I'm fine with that. Like I said, I just wanted to know what has happened. he waves his hands like putting it aside.
Let's go and stop some bandits, okay?

Nothing in Rolands voice that made Fitzgerald disbelieve.

Savarin
2017-10-18, 03:16 PM
It takes about an hour to catch up with Thurn. He was running towards you.Roland we have a problem. The bandits are with Ratasca. There making a cave in the ravine. I think there planning a surprise attack .

No time to lose then Thurn! Joey run back and warn the guards. Ask for reinforcements. The rest of you let’s go! He starts running with Thurn and Sigurd to the ravine. As you drew closer Thurn signaled and everyone moved towards some rocks and hid behind to scout.

In front of you there was a big chasm fifty feet long and two hundred feet deep stretching for half a mile. Going over it was a bridge. (20x50) Big enough to carry three wagons side by side across. On the other side was a tunnel lit with torches.

Thurn where did they go? In the tunnel? Roland whispers still was very audible.

I believe so. I ran to get you as fast as possible. Anyone have any good ideas on what to do? Thurn asks.

I’d say Charge in and fight like normal Roland shrugs.

There was about a dozen around here earlier and more inside by the looks of it. Charging in might not be the best this time.

Sighing Roland looks around. Anyone have any ideas? We have to do something before they launch an attack on Valerian!

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 03:46 PM
the material of the bridge is?

And I have INT 10... so not the best tactician around... :/

Guess, when comes the reinforcement? And they are in the tunnels you said? Couldn't we just block the entrence somehow?

we could lure them on the bridge and then breake it down... somehow?

Making good plans never was easy for Fitzgerald

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 03:57 PM
A bottleneck! Fitzgerald was suprised from his own idea. A bottleneck on the bridge!
You are strong enough to lift some big stones and trees onto the bridge. Then we have cover and could fight them one on one

Savarin
2017-10-18, 04:03 PM
Bridge is made of stone sadly. Not to much wood around, looks artificially though maybe a Mage? Also the tunnel is about 10 feet tall by 20 feet wide. It’s cut straight into a mountainside. Like this
l
L
________ )========
l
L

Idk if that helps xD

Blocking it wouldnt hurt. But we don’t know if the tunnel runs all the way through and carry stones across that big enough to block the entrance will take hours. We might not have that much time. Roland puzzled on what to do says. I want to at least go scout it out. Whoever wants to join if free to but someone should stay outside to warn us two if possible. Thurn would you mind being one of them Thurn draws his spear and sits content on being lookout. Me and Sigurd with head inside. Anyone else want to accompany?

Fitzgerald can go or stay back up to you!

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 04:10 PM
like I said: not good at making plans :)as half a ninja there's only one thing to do

if you don't mind I come with you. Beeing not 8ft tall could be helpfull he said with a grin

Savarin
2017-10-18, 04:19 PM
Roland chuckles You might be onto something there. He readies his spear and Sigurd pulls a longsword from his bag. They begin crossing the bridge. Inside the cave is eerily cold. Walking deeper inside. The sun disappears. Only the flickering or torch’s left. You walk for a half hour or hour hard to tell the time anymore. Then you see a old stone wall. In the middle was a hole broke into it. Revealing a room behind it.

Why is a wall here? Walking further in Roland’s head peered inside the room. What is this place? he asks aloud. It looks like maybe old ruins or a temple. Inside the room is bare. There are floor pillars holding up the ceiling. To the right of the hole is a door opened.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 04:27 PM
Fitzgerald whispers let me go first. Wait here. I'll take a look.

With his sword drawn he sneaks to the door and listen from the shadows if something is inside before looking

Move silently [roll0]

Listen [roll1]

Savarin
2017-10-18, 04:39 PM
You here nothing from behind the door. If you look around you see it’s a hallway. What you must be in is a storage room from the ruins. The are no more torch’s past the hallway though.

It’s kinda like this
l—————
———————-l. \{{{{{{

—-\—————-l. /{{{{{{
l. . . l /{{{{{{
: l /{{{{{
l’ . . l /{{{{{{
l___________l/{{{{{{{

These meaning dark {
\ that’s a door xD
Hope that helps?

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 04:45 PM
Fitzgerald goes back to Roland and Sigurd, telling them what he has seen.

Two things we can do I guess.
Putting on a torch and show them where we are, or leave and wait for the reinforcement. He's not happy about the situation

Savarin
2017-10-18, 04:57 PM
Hmmm. I would like to pursue them if possible. Reinforments will take awhile yet and I don’t like what can be happening here. Clearly they had a reason for coming here. Light went off in Roland’s eyes There might be treasure here or items there planning on taking. Why would they make such a big bridge other wise? I will continue going what will you do Fitzgerald? Roland says lighting up a torch and stepping into the hallway. He takes a few steps further revealing a wider room. With three different paths to choose from.

Damn. Roland says. Not knowing which way to go.

Fliggl
2017-10-18, 11:17 PM
you have hired me for hunting bandits - of course I stay with you! Fitzgerald replied.

There has to be something that let me see in the dark, he thought. He disliked it that he couldn't sneak up because of poor sight.

Ahm, go the left way... don't know.
But we could try to find a place which we could easily defend. And then I will lure them to come here. Where you both are waiting. Maybe...

Savarin
2017-10-19, 09:48 AM
Glad to have you Fitzgerald. Left way is the best of way of any Roland says walking ahead with his torch. It’s eerily quiet here. The only noise that could be heard are the two Valerians footsteps. Coming up ahead of your we’re multiple doors two on each side of the path. All closed. A different rune on each door. A Skull, A lion, a man. Lasting a demon. In front of you still was darkness but it felt like it was coming to an end. Maybe another door? But it felt colder ahead.

Fitzgerald where to next hahaha. Your better st choosing then we seem to be. Roland’s voice even quietly was as loud as a normal man talking.

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 11:56 AM
The cold doesn't feel natural.
Wait, let me survey this passage. Something is wrong, do you feel this cold also?

Fitzgerald lightens his torch at Rolands and walks slowly in the direction of the cold. Something he was missing so he tries to remember a piece of Knowledge he has heard long ago.

Knowledge(religion) [roll0] if he has heard something about this temple or if these doors and the symbols are kind of religious.

Detect evil from left to right (door, door, cold, door door) -> unnatural cold and door with a demon makes him suspicious

Savarin
2017-10-19, 12:58 PM
skull and demon door both radiant evil straight in front is a lot stronger.

You can’t recall anything like this. As you walk farther ahead the light your torch’s diminishes just enough to see but darken considerable. The double door in front has two dragons underneath a demon. Cold to the touch. Dust on the floor tells you that this door was opened recently...

http://oi65.tinypic.com/bhi02.jpg

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 01:49 PM
Fitzgerald comes back. To Roland and Sigur: There is something I miss, but I couldn't remember. Aaargh!

Okay, nevermind. Listen: This place is evil. I can feel it. You see these two doors with the skull and the demon? Something evil is behind it.

But there is something more evil this way down.
There is a door with a strange emblem on it. Two dragons under a demon. This is also where the cold comes from. And - and now it becomes interesting - this door looks like it was opened not long ago. Fitzgerald could feel the adrenalin rushing through his veins.

Okay, what are we doing?
We are three and they are... I don't know! But there is something evil and IT HAS TO BE STOPPED! His voice raises.

Savarin
2017-10-19, 02:18 PM
No worries Fitzgerald 5e choice is easy. If they went through the door in the middle that’s the way we go buhahaha. To battle! He shouts runs to the door and kicks into it with his massive leg. The slam open. Inside the room are a dozen bodies on the ground. There bodies unrecognizable. Three people are left in a corner. Heavily damaged. One missing a arm an clutching it another barely moving but both legs gone. The middle man had a barrier in front of him breathing hard and faint traces of blood come from his mouth.

Hahahahaha weaklings. You dare awake me from my slumber? You who aren’t even strong enough to hold my power? At least you can feed me like your comrades! The voice seems all around you behind you. Besides you.

Suddenly the man clutching his arm raises off the ground his body seizing in the air. You hear bones cracking and breaking as he body is turned into a body of mess and bones.

Roland throws his torch into the room. illuminating it. Blood covers the walls. In the center of the room an altar with a Jewel inside it. Pitch black. As his torch passed through the room you see a shadow of a body in the corner of your eye. When you look at it. It disappeared. Only to appear again when you shift your eyes.

The man missing his legs starts lifting off the ground and twisting...

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 02:42 PM
Fitzgerald moves to the center of the room and turns around to find it. His torch he has placed at a dry »ooc: not too bloody« space on the ground, holding his sword in two hands now.

Show yourself! Show yourself prepare to banish!
Sigur! Destroy the jewel! NOW! he shouts

how big is this room?

Savarin
2017-10-19, 03:05 PM
About 30 by 30 feet.

Sigurd not needing much convincing runs and swings down with his sword...it sinks deep into the jewel destroying it.

Hahahaha heeheehee. Thank you fools!A black wave rips out of the jewel hitting Sigurd. Seconds later blood exploded from all his pores. He falls to the ground unmoving.

The man with the barrier raises yells as his body is destroyed. Roland gets hit hard and slams into the door closing it. You feel a deep shadow all around you. You can’t see. Not even the torch at your feet.

Hahahaha what is your name mortal? the shadow asks you feel his presence surrounding you. The pressure is drowning. Making it hard to breath.

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 03:44 PM
SIGURD! ROLAND! NOOO! he screamed! He felt guilty because he said Sigur to destroy the jewel.

What kind of ghost are you?
Show yourself and fight!

My name is not your business! All you have to know is that you have no power over me, undead! I'm a Kelemvorite!

Fitzgerald focus to clear his mind. The only thing which counts is to destroy this ghost.

Savarin
2017-10-19, 04:00 PM
Ghost I am no ghost hahahaha. Kelemvorute? You telling me Kelemvor is a god now? buhahahaha how times have changed. You feel his ancient presence circle around you. Lifting you off the ground. A shadows wrap around your arms and legs. Squeezing your body so you can’t move. Your last chance boy what is your name? When I kill you I would like to remember the man who let me free hahahaha.A thin cord of shadow begins to wrap around your neck...

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 04:08 PM
You kill me anyway he gasps so why does my name matter?

Unable to do anything, Fitzgerald sends a prayer to his god forgiving him that he couldn't stop it and letting Roland and Sigur pass the fugue plane safetly. He wouldn't be remembered as then man freeing this evil.

Savarin
2017-10-19, 04:16 PM
Darkness pours into your mouth making it hard to breathe...your body grows cold...unbearable pain shoots throughout your body. You scream. Your body hits the ground...and blackness consumes you...

Any thoughts of Fitzgerald before hitting the ground? :smallbiggrin:

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 04:18 PM
Any thoughts of Fitzgerald before hitting the ground? :smallbiggrin:

hmm. No. I'm a sad panda atm :P

Savarin
2017-10-19, 04:29 PM
Look you shouldn’t be xD.

You open your eyes. Your body feels torn and aches. The room seems very bright for no torches being in there. As you stand up your hands are blurry like you can see through them. The door is broken down. Sigurd is still unmoving.

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 04:38 PM
what's going on here?

Fitzgerald runs to Sigurd. He slaps him in his face, trying to wake him up.

no sad panda anymore but confused panda :smallconfused:

Savarin
2017-10-19, 04:46 PM
Buhahahaha Dm is master panda! Hiya! :smallsmile:

Sigurd is dead. Covered in a lot of blood. His skin is cold to the touch. The only way out is where you came in. It’s broken only a small gap remains that you might be able to squeeze through...

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 04:59 PM
so even while i'm kinda invisible or so i can touch things? Cool! I guess?

okay, remember. What has happened? The shadows, the cold, the pain.
Then? Nothing! What in Kelemvors name is going on?

After summarizing, he looks at the room especially the altar a little closer.

The he takes a look at the corpses. Burying the corpses isn't possible, he lights a big fire and throws the corpses inside. no man should rot in this hell

Savarin
2017-10-19, 05:18 PM
Yep :) Your distorted and kinda washed out. But you can still touch things like normal :)

The fire flickers burning them. Even without the fire you can look through the room easily. The altar is simple etched with runes. The crystal now broken lies at the base of it. You can’t detected anything from it. It’s now lifeless.

(What do you do now?)

Fliggl
2017-10-19, 11:57 PM
I was a bit fast. Happy not beeing dead, I missed something to write down. If it's possible there's something I would do BEFORE burning the corpses:

- Look at the bandits gear if there are any infos/documents/scrolls about this shadow-thing

- same as in/on/around the altar

- i want to take something personal (a ring or so) from Sigurd, showing his brothers that he is dead and to hand it to them when we meet again.

And is something from my gear missing?

Fitzgerald says a prayer for the dead man. Then he starts squeezing through the hole in the door, heading to Thurn and tell him what has happened. And to seek for Roland who has to be somewhere.

While leaving the same way he entered this cave, he was looking around for new tracks in the dust.

Savarin
2017-10-20, 12:40 AM
You can take Sigmund longsword :) Also the bodies were so bloody any documents were ruined. And only your bastard sword that you were holding is missing. It’s not anywhere to be seen.

Roland wasn’t outside of the door. A blood trail was ahead. The doors around you don’t feel cold anymore either. It seems Roland is alive but injured.

Anything you do before leaving the temple?

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 01:09 AM
I take Sigurds sword as a keepsake

Seeing the massive bloody footprints Fitzgeralds mood raises He's alive! That's a good thing. Hopefully he's fine and with Thurn. I really would like to see him but maybe I can find something that helps to defeat the shadow He walked to the first door (the one with the demon on it) and goes inside. Sigurds sword he let outside, it was to heavy for him to wield properly. Instead he took his quarterstaff, ready for everything.
could it be much worse?

Savarin
2017-10-20, 08:15 AM
You see another shadow figure in the corner clearer then the one you encountered before. Upon seeing you enter he shrieks and backs into a corner as far as possible. Clearly not wanting to fight. There are two chests inside the room. One a demon. The other plain.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 08:55 AM
Tell me, what is this place here! Fitzgerald adresses to the ghost. and what are you? And who or what was this thing in the other room? Tell me and nothing happens to you

diplomacy [roll0]

Savarin
2017-10-20, 09:39 AM
Terrified of you he says We are the Ekrarx. From the plan of shadow. Why do you ask me this? You should know already! Zaivven are you playing games with me again! He says cowering further into the corner.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 10:07 AM
Do you think I am an Ekrarx, too? Zaivven? What has happened to me?

Savarin
2017-10-20, 10:16 AM
Take my treasure just leave me be! he says shrinking further into the corner

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 10:32 AM
one last question. What is this place here?

Savarin
2017-10-20, 10:39 AM
Eovlirs...Used to trap Zaivven of Ekrarx. Sealed with his items to prevent him to escaping to the world of men The shadow creature says

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 11:13 AM
And what is if somebody has destroyed the black jewel? Can Zaivven be bound again?

Savarin
2017-10-20, 11:23 AM
Only if you had a hundred mages that used all there power yes you can be sealed again heeheehee. The black
soul crystal shattered he laughs and vanishes into a dark cloud of smoke.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 11:35 AM
This doesn't made it easier to understand... okay, lets take a look at the chests he opens the plain one first, then the other.

Savarin
2017-10-20, 12:16 PM
The first contained a heavy black stone. Really hard. The second contained a ring with two dragons breathing fire towards each other. It felt powerful but you weren’t sure what it does.

It’s not a evil ring though. :smallsmile: what do you do next?

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 12:33 PM
Fitzgerald packs both in his sack. His eyes wander through the room.

he searches for anything useful. should I roll?

Weight of the rock?

Savarin
2017-10-20, 01:10 PM
Fitzgerald packs both in his sack. His eyes wander through the room.

he searches for anything useful. should I roll?

Weight of the rock?

Its About 5 pounds. No need to roll the room is barren nothing else besides the chests.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 01:34 PM
He leaves the room and goes to the next one (with the man on it). hopefully now I get answers and not more questions!

He puts the stone next to Sigurds sword. to heavy...

Savarin
2017-10-20, 02:01 PM
Inside the room is a book. The text nearly unreadable. It’s in a foreign language. But the dark pages you can read for a reason..

I can’t survive in the light. Darkness is my greatest ally. I will plunge the worlds into darkness and bring about peace. Zaivven. The Great ruler.

He needs a physical body to survive in the light. His greatest weakness.

The rest of the book is unreadable besides the last few pages in the different language. Room is empty besides the book.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 02:07 PM
okay... maybe someone can help me with this. I'll take it better with me.

After searching the room for something else what will help to solve this riddle, he left the room heading to the one with the skull door.

we could speed this up if you want.
I'll search the last two rooms...

Savarin
2017-10-20, 02:15 PM
lol I gotcha! ;)

The room with the skull has one chest in it. With a skull design. When you open it a wave of black energy hits your body like before. But instead of the cold feeling before it’s strangely warm. It disappears into your body without a trace. Leaving behind an amulet with a skull on it. You notice your hands are more shadowy then before.

In the room with a lion. Opening reveals a huge beast looking like it was going to pounce on you! But it was just a statue. In its mouth and eyes are rubies. The eyes are red when the mouth is a light blue. There was a plant growing behind the statue. A white flower with a blue glow.

Ill let you decide what you would like to do with all that loot. :)

Afterwards we leave the ruins!

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 02:37 PM
no! Or? Could it be? no! What's going on here? What am I? Fitzgerald took the amulett and puts it into his backpack. His hands touched something small, metallic.
my mirror! Let's take a look if only my hands are blurring.

besides the amulett I take a petal from the flower, leaving the rest of the lionsroom untouched

Savarin
2017-10-20, 02:50 PM
You body is all distorted you look like your a shadow creature yourself. You can still see your features clearly. But behind shadows.

As you walk out of the ruins the blood becomes less. As you walk through the tunnel you see it as clear as day. Even without a torch. Leaving the tunnel it’s night. As you cross the bridge. You see that blood meet up to where Thurn was. They have left already.

Fliggl
2017-10-20, 04:17 PM
Roland was here. He met Thurn! That's good.

Fitzgerald sends a prayer to Kelemvor, beggin for help or advise or even just a hint.
Suddenly he rememberd the words of his mentor, Sir Tython: Clear your mind young boy. Sometimes the answer is in front of you, you just can't see it because of the shadows on your thoughts.

Could it be not only a metaphor but more of a prophecy? He starts meditating. He repeats all the parts of the puzzle he has heard or read.

After a while he came to one conclusion: he is the physical body of Zaivven!

And now he wants to try something: again he takes his mirror outside of his backpack, stares into his own eyes and starts to detect evil.

all the things I've found in the cave I have with me. Sigurds sword also. I guess it's medium load now :/

Savarin
2017-10-20, 06:00 PM
Fitzgerald is smart xD also don’t forget your bastard sword is gone so maybe not a medium load? Less 6 pounds there!

You feel a deep pulse of darkness inside of you. It seems sleeping. But its hard to detect. It doesn’t seem as cold as it was before. Clearly Zaivven changed your body some what as he entered it.

What ya doing now? Lol

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 02:26 AM
but I have Sigurds sword... I'm at 46 without it. Edit: how heavy is it and what kind (type and size) of sword is it?

And is it still night?

okay. Now I'm carrying an evil shadow in me. I have to find a way to destroy it.
But i need help. Maybe the Valerians can help me.

He walks back to Durinhelt

Savarin
2017-10-21, 08:57 AM
Its a large longsword 8pounds. And it’s still night yep. Also increase your movement speed by 50% :) After you meet up with the guy and sleep I’ll give you all the buffs you get from Zaivven

Even with your heavy load you feel faster then the you did before covering the ground to the city. Arriving near midnight. As you walk up to the gate. The guards don’t notice you standing just a couple feet away in the darkness.

(What do you do?)

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 09:21 AM
aaah, they have seen my necklace he thought. but they could have greeted back...

Fitzgerald went to the tavern, the only place he knows in Durinhelt. And if somebody knows how Roland is doing, then Jen.

Savarin
2017-10-21, 09:30 AM
You arrived at the inn. Roland was sitting by the fire his chest and arms heavily bandaged. Thurn was there and Jen was bringing drinks for them. Liftar and Joey arent present.

We set out tomorrow Thurn Sigurd and Fitzgerald might still be alive. Roland says for a hundredth time.

Roland you barely made it back alive. You don’t have enough strength to look for them. If they were alive wouldn’t they try to come back here. Thurn says.

Boys calm down it’s not good for the injured. Jen says as she hands Roland a drink and sets another in front of Thurn.

Injured or not they are my comrades. I will go back and find them tomorrow. He says firmly. Daring someone to argue with him.

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 10:59 AM
Thurn, Roland! I'm so happy I've found you and that you're ok! Jen, bring me beer please! We have to celebrate! with open arms he walks to his two fellows

Savarin
2017-10-21, 11:15 AM
Everyone looks to the door. Fitzgerald? Where are you? he said eyes glancing over you in the shadows.

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 11:30 AM
Oh, come on! Stop playing games with we! I'm here in front of you!

After saying this, something came to his mind: could it be that I'm a ghost now? Aaaaw NO!

To the others: Listen: long story short: It seems like I'm a ghost or shadow now.I'll tell you later. Believe me, here I am. Hmm, wait a second, lets give it a try!

Years ago at a fair he saw a mime who let vanish things and then let them emerge out of his body. He tried the same. He took Sigurds sword, laid it on the table in front of him and then he unhanded it.

Savarin
2017-10-21, 12:20 PM
Setting the sword down Roland stood up and picked it up. Sigurd? he asked. Towards where he thought you were.

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 12:56 PM
Okay it worked. Guys, I'm upset like you, but Sigurd hasn't survived. It was an unnecessary death, don't know if he would be alive if I hadn't told him to destroy this jewel. I feel so guilty! As a requiem I took his sword which I hand out to you know. I burned his body that no vermin will desecrate him. Kelemvor will have a look at him.

He lowered his head and stopped speaking for a moment.

Jen, is there a second room where we can speak undisturbed?

Savarin
2017-10-21, 01:26 PM
She shows you to a private room next to the kitchen and leaves you all with some drinks. It’s a well lit room with a private fire place.

What would you like to talk about that has to be so private Fitzgerald? Roland asks taking a big drink from his mug.

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 01:53 PM
Fitzgerald told them what has happend after he woke up. He told them about the cremation, the Ekrarx, Zaivven, the stone, the ring, the amulet, the book, the lion and the flower - he told them everything what has happend in the cave. He showed them all the things he collected to proof his word.
He told them about his speculation and what he has seen in the mirror.

After he was ready he took a deep swallow of his drink. And finally I have to beg for something - your help! I don't want to be the host for this shadowy parasite! Help me his voice started to quail I don't know what to do!

Savarin
2017-10-21, 02:39 PM
Roland listens to everything you say. Okay. We can try finding a Mage or cleric. I’m not to sure how we can help. I don’t know much about ruins or temples. Roland says.

Roland we are responsible to partrol the roads along our border we don’t have time for this. Thurn says.

Thurn as you said I’m injured so I can’t help you patrol now. Roland makes himself look a little weaker. Take Joey and Liftar and finish our mission. I’ll stay here to rest. It’s getting late Thurn sleep I’ll finish my talk with Fitzgerald. Thurn walks out of the inn. Roland turns to you. Now that he is out of the way. I’ll accompany you. Roland says standing up the faint trace of weakness gone from his face.

We should go to the apothecary to see if she can appraise any of the items you found in the ruins. Then we can set out. To find someone who knows a little about ruins Roland says heartily grabbing Sigurd sword he attaches it to his waist after doing a silent prayer for his brother.

Btw Fitzgerald might know someone who studies ruins xD.
After your next post time for sleep! :)

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 04:27 PM
aah, thanks for the hint

I know someone. But maybe he isn't too delighted to see me - or whatever. He starts to explain In Alrin I met a man from Serexxs, Seracull. He offered me money if I accompany him home. But I was looking for something more heroic.
He is an expert for ruins.

EDIT: (forgot something)
Going to the alchemist is a good idea. Maybe he knows what this flower is! And Roland, I've lost my sword. I mean... it is gone. I searched the whole cave but couldn't find it. Do you have one of my size which you can borrow me?

Savarin
2017-10-21, 05:06 PM
Hmm I have a dagger but no sword. A Serexxs man might know how though. There pretty crafty. When would you be ready to leave?

A large dagger is a short sword for you :)

Edit no problem :) a lot has happened so far which is nice :)

Fliggl
2017-10-21, 05:22 PM
Thank you but this isn't the kind of sword I was looking for. A bastard sword or even a katana would be great! We will find a blacksmith which offers one. Fitzgerald dreamed always from owning a katana but he couldn't afford one.

I guess we should have a good nights rest before leaving. It was a hard and long day. So much has happened...
Roland, would you allow me to touch you? I don't know if I'm able to. Neither do I know if it harms you... I hate it to be a ----- I don't even know for sure what I am!

Savarin
2017-10-21, 05:30 PM
Go for it Fitzgerald. We will find you a better Blade also! He extends his hand forward to grab your wrist.

(After the shake)

We will set out tomorrow to Serexxs get some sleep.

You can touch him lol. After your next post I’ll tell you what you are xD but can’t tell Fitzgerald! :smallsmile:

Fliggl
2017-10-22, 12:24 AM
Good, so I can touch living things...thank you!
sorry, I don't get it. Does Fitzgeralds touch harm? Or just feel cold? Or does Roland shake because of he was touched?;)

good night Roland, I see you tomorrow he said and laughs a bit.

Savarin
2017-10-22, 09:16 AM
lol no it was a hand shake xD
+50% movement speed.
+6 Move Silently
Dark vision 60’
Low light vision.
Cold resistance 5+1per hd
Shadow blend: As long as your not in full daylight or a daylight spell you can blend in shadows to gain total concealment. (50% miss chance to hit ya)
Also it says your a magical beast now. But you can still say magical human beast lol.

As you wake up and meet Roland outside. His bandages cleaned and changed. He walks up and gives you a big pat on the back. Good to see you Fitzgerald! He says smiling. As you enter the apothecary the windows were open making you visible in its light.

As you show her the petal she offers you a large sum of gold for it. Clearly it was valuable. She said mixing you have to crush the petal and mix it into water and it strengthens the body.
She offers 500g for it.

After you leave the apothecary you walk through the gate and begin your run again. Roland says Fitz you became a lot faster hahahaha let’s speed up shall we? Roland says pleased that you can keep up with his speed. For an injured man he stills runs faster then you but your getting closer!

Fliggl
2017-10-22, 11:26 AM
hahaha lol. Language barrier :)

He wouldn't sell the petal, not now.

Okay Roland, lets run again! Do you know when we will arraive serexxs if we - or I - could hold this speed?

Savarin
2017-10-22, 12:17 PM
Happens :p

We will arrive in Alrin in 2 days so about a week after that Roland says thinking it over mid run.

It was a months travel to Serexxs from Alrin lol so your making great time.

Fliggl
2017-10-22, 12:33 PM
wuhuu call me flash!

Running didn't felt so hard like the last time.
Fitzgerald had still to focus to keep up with Roland but he could talk. A bit.

After running for more than a half day he said:
Hu... hu... can we pause?
Hu...hu...

He couldn't understand where Rolands stamina comes from. He was injured but it seems that he could run all day long.

~Corvus~
2017-10-24, 03:51 PM
From the path you are on a Halfling calls out from the brush. His form largely obscured, he does appear mounted.
Oi, whas all this racket?!? Yer all makin so much noise ya could wake the dead. In a hurry, Oi see but wha'ever for? Ya know this is dangrous territory, eh?

Fliggl
2017-10-24, 04:08 PM
Edit: some kind of browser error, so deleted

Fliggl
2017-10-24, 04:16 PM
Fitzgerald grabs his quarterstaff, ready to fight. But he shakes. to much running without a brake he thought.

okay... hu... who are you?
Hu...hu... we're in a hurry... hu... . He tried to calm his breath.

Then he holded his hand up to signal the stranger that he needs a moment. After taking a big sip from his waterskin Fitzgerald replied sorry... ahm, okay... hu...
My name is Fitzgerald and this is Roland. We're in a hurry to reach Serexx and I'm sorry we disturbed by --- something

~Corvus~
2017-10-24, 04:30 PM
Sammy pauses, mounted as he in on the Great Dane riding dog he has. When Fitzgerald bristles wirh his staff, the dog tenses. Sammy cooes to his dog, telling him its OK. The dog growls, lowers its head, and sniffs the tracks the others just made.

Roight, well don' mind me askin' but whas with tha rush? Dont mind, an don' lemme me stop ya. I'll follow along on Buddy 'ere. But you poor blokes otta know tha trouble rushin all wuickly loike can bring. No good, eh?

After he makes his statement, Sammy has Buddy atep out from the shadows. His ouitfit changes; a spectral mask covers his face; its between that of a large cat and a wolf, but it lacks skin and shows sharp teeth, white bone, and pink-red muscles. Still, it seems to shift between this appearane and that of the foliage arpund you. Although the halfling wears only hide, his arms sport ghostly green-tinted plates that hover over his shoulders, down his arms and end at his wrists.

Savarin
2017-10-25, 10:26 AM
Roland breathing even nods Sure. We can rest for a little. We’re making great time. Good job Fitzgerald! When the halfling appeared. Ho’ little one He says as you appeared with your mask. Your not a Ratasca spy right? he asks friendly with a smile.

You can tell he was heavily injured but his body still was clearly dangerous. As my friend Fitzgerald says we’re on the move to Serexxs. I don’t mind a little chat as we wait for Fitzgerald to recover some energy. What are you doing around these parts? Roland says with a friendly smile. Clearly a good man deep down. Even if he was a towering figure.

~Corvus~
2017-10-25, 10:39 AM
Sammy gives Roland his third-best grin. "Wot, onna those wankers? Nah, not them...say, tha's quite a hurt ya got there. I gotta remedy for that, if you loike.

Should he agree, Sammy will reach into Buddy's pack, wash the wound with some water, and as he does, the wound glows with a soft Teal. Lesser Vigor on Roland; he will gain Fast Healing 1 for 11 rounds (66 seconds), effectively healing the man for 11 HP

Savarin
2017-10-25, 10:58 AM
He nods and takes off his bandages. You see deep brutal claw marks on the front of his chest. His back with yellow and dark purple bruises. Those looked like mortal wounds. You don’t know how it’s possible for him to still be alive and running at those speeds.

I’ll appreciate any help you have to offer friend. Roland says smiling. As he sits cross legged and was still taller then you.

Fliggl
2017-10-25, 10:58 AM
WAIT! WHAT ARE YOU AND DON'T! TOUCH! ROLAND! Fitzgerald shouts after he saw the ghostly creature with his zombie-like dog touching his friend. He readies his weapon again and starts to detect evil on both of them.

Savarin
2017-10-25, 11:00 AM
fliggi you ninjaed me xD
Fitzgerald detects there not evil. Also it’s about noon if that matters :smallbiggrin: don’t forget that Fitzgerald can blend into shadows when night comes he will basically disappear again xD

~Corvus~
2017-10-25, 11:53 AM
Fitzgerald
WAIT! WHAT ARE YOU AND DON'T! TOUCH! ROLAND! Both Sammy and Buddy register as Not Evil.

Sammy nods as he looks the man in the eyes and jokes, "You should see the frightful forms Oi can wear." When Firzgerald doesn't seem pleased, Sammy continues "Well, Oi I revere spirits of Beasts and they honour me with both spells and bits of their forms. They are...misunderstood, of course. Now, if it's all the same to you, he looks hurt. Are you sure you can get town before he's dead? Are you willing to risk his life?"

Fliggl
2017-10-25, 12:27 PM
Fitzgerald stared at them both, the halfling and his dog, while Roland got healed. He wasn't friendly like Roland. You don't know what a Valerian can take! Even while he is hurt, he could defeat us with ease!
Okay, it's nice that you help and thank you for that. And now, once again, would you mind to tell us your name, please?
Fitzgerald wasn't so trusting like his huge friend. He was worried about this small shadowy guy and his dog - forgetting he is a shadowy guy himself.

Savarin
2017-10-25, 01:06 PM
The wound on Roland’s chest closes slightly. Not fully healing. Clearly whatever hit him did a lot of dmg. He re dresses his wounds as he says. Fitzgerald it’s okay. My body handles poison well also. But I feel slightly better stranger my thanks to you. Standing up once more. I won’t die from this wound. he pats his chest lightly. It’s just taking a bit longer to heal them most my wounds.

Fitzgerald when your ready to set out again we can leave. Also little one this area isn’t to safe so you might want to either travel with us or head north to Durinhelt. If you find Sigurd he will help you get in.

South is Serexxs north is Valerians territory. Well technically your still in Valerians territory but Durinhelt is up north.

Fliggl
2017-10-25, 01:22 PM
You might be right Roland, but haven't you seen him? And his dog? They looked kind of undead to me and I have sworn an oath to destroy them! Fitzgerald replied. But Rolands words calm his temper. He didn't trust the stranger but he was far away from being hostile.

Am I right that it is about an hour or so till sundown? I have to pray then.
So the best would be to wait until then and run afterwards for a few hours before making a nights camp.

Savarin
2017-10-25, 01:32 PM
Looking up at the sky Roland says We will have a few hours before the sun goes down. Maybe we can run another 4 before making camp. I’ll hunt up some food and we can rest then. Roland says stretching out. Unless you want to prey now? Then set off.

You might have missed it but in a previous ooc I said it was about noon :smallsmile: sunset will be about 6 hours from now because it’s about fall. So you have plenty of time

Fliggl
2017-10-25, 01:42 PM
and this happens when you invenst no rank in survival lol

hmm. The sun in Tethyr is higher at noon. he said ashamed.
however... ready when you are!

~Corvus~
2017-10-25, 01:45 PM
Sammy nods to his readiness. With a few rations left, We're arright for now.

Fliggl
2017-10-25, 02:01 PM
I'm asking again small man, would you be so nice and tell us what your name is? I had introduced ourself so could you please be polite and do the same?

He wanted to know who their new fellow was.

Savarin
2017-10-25, 02:07 PM
He can explain on the way hahahaha. Don’t fall to behind. Roland says bounding off again at an unbelievable pace.

Roland’s max speed is 90 btw
Fitzgerald is 45
Doggy is 40
Roland keeps pace with Fitzgerald until the halfling needs him to slow down to his pace.

~Corvus~
2017-10-25, 05:24 PM
The halfling gives the man a pout. "Oi give my name to those that I can trust; if'n ye won't trust me, then how should I trust you? In tha meantime, you can know me as Smithers.

He will urge Buddy onward, Sammy is asking him to effectivly hustle (2× move over long distance).

Each Hour Sammy will expend a use of Cure Minor Wounds to cure the nonlethal damage from Hustling so that his mount can keep up; he can do this for 4 hours before his mount will need to rest .

Fliggl
2017-10-26, 01:11 AM
Okay Smithers, I appreciate that! I just don't like it when I'm ignored... He nods over to him and then starts running.

Savarin
2017-10-26, 08:29 AM
After four hours of a killer march Roland slows down. We can make camp here. A small clearing by the side of the road. You hear a faint sound of a running stream. Roland sets his pack down by a nearby tree and goes about collect fire wood. Shortly after he has a nice sized fire going.

I’m thinking about heading out for a hunt. You guys will be okay by yourselves? Roland asks.

Fliggl
2017-10-26, 10:45 AM
Do you need help, Roland he asked.
Knowing the answer, Fitzgerald walked to the stream, washed himself and after that he started to meditate. At sundown he begun his prayer.

~Corvus~
2017-10-26, 12:09 PM
Sammy requests of Roland Bring back a good amount fer Buddy, eh? He did a lotta runnin' today. With that, he will gleefully join Randall in a river romp, stretch, give his dog a massage, and He'll then look around for some wood to make a fire.

[roll0]

With that going, he will lie down for a rest along with Buddy.

Savarin
2017-10-26, 12:22 PM
Roland sets off. Smithers finds more word and sets it by the fire as night started to fall Roland returned. With an elk over one shoulder carrying it like nothing. He quickly skins it and cuts off a leg handing it to Smithers. Does he like it raw? he mentions towards the pup as he starts cooking the rest over a fire.

A little later the smell goes throughout the camp. It was ready to be eaten. Dig in we will have a long day tomorrow. He says with a smile as he cuts a large chunk off his elk.

Fliggl
2017-10-26, 01:33 PM
After he finished praying, he returned to the camp. There was a good taste in the air. This was the moment he realised that he was really hungry. Full of anticipation he stepped out of the woods and said happy that dinner is ready, I'm sooo hungry! Would you please give me a portion?

Savarin
2017-10-26, 04:28 PM
Ah not again Fitzgerald! he cuts off another hind leg and hands it to you. I can’t see you Fitzgerald come close to the fire and eat. Roland says looking over where he heard your voice. Your body now turned back into shadow with the new found shadows.

Fliggl
2017-10-26, 04:45 PM
oh, sorry. I've forgotten my invisibility... he sats down by the fire better?

While eating he asked Roland you know that my sword is lost, right? Can you imagine where it is? Why it is gone? It was untraceable...

He took another bite of the meat. aah, rea'y goo'!

I mean, it wasn't even a magical sword. But it was MY sword. And now I think it could be the key to defeat the shadow, or so.

Savarin
2017-10-26, 08:09 PM
Much better Fitzgerald. When your in full light I can see you almost completely. I don’t know where your blade went, when that shadow beast hit me almost passed out. Where was your blade after I was knocked out of the room? Roland asks.

Fliggl
2017-10-26, 11:21 PM
It was in my hand! All the time.
Until he possessed me. And then, when I woke up, it was gone... He said. And then he addresses the halfling: what do you know about the Ekrarx?

~Corvus~
2017-10-26, 11:30 PM
Does he like it raw? Randall motions towards the pup as he starts cooking the rest over a fire.

The large dog carefully snatches the held-out leg of meat before Sammy can answer or take the meat. After that, the halfling contents himself with listening to conversation. While the dog eats, Sammy waits for cooked food. Roight gud meat, sir. Cheers.

Fitzgerald
what do you know about the Ekrarx?

"Nothin' Sounds loike bloody diseased dragon though."

Fliggl
2017-10-27, 01:40 AM
Hahaha, no, sorry... Ekrarx are natives from the plane of shadows. And we had the pleasure to meet one. He had done this to Roland Fitzgerald said, pointing on Rolands chest.
After another mouthful of meat he continoued I thought, maybe, you know something about. 'cause your kind of shadowy too, aren't you?

~Corvus~
2017-10-27, 11:58 AM
Sammy guwwaffs at the paladin's story. "You think there's a huge...plain made of shadows? How do they grow food there? I suppose," he sniggers, "There's only SHADES of rye growing there." Sammy finds his own pun giggle-worthy, but when Randall Fitzgerald brings up the wound again, Sammy responds a bit more seriously "Well, there must be SOME way of curing this; and tha's where yer headed?

Fliggl
2017-10-27, 01:29 PM
At Serexxs live some wise guys. Maybe one of them knows something about the Ekrarx. Or they may have heard something about Zaivven or Eovlirs. Even a little bit could help, you know
Fitzgerald stared into the fire while saying this. He felt a bit sad that he hasn't tought even once about Roland.
Fitzgerald glanced over to Roland and he looked like the first time he met him. Valerians are curious he thought.

Hey Roland, how do you do?
Tired? he asked with a smile

Savarin
2017-10-27, 09:25 PM
Roland laughs heartily at Sammy’s joke. Roland noticing the concern about his wound says Its just a wound. I haven’t been hit that hard in a long time but it is healing slowly. Not as fast as usual though. At Fitzgerald asking him if he was tired. Hahahaha a little tired but I can still go on just fine. The pace were going at helps. He shrugs. The pace is easy for him but not for normal people.

Ill speed up night a little bit. If you guys have any closing words to say mention it :)

Night falls as morning slowly comes around. Roland stretching himself awake puts out the campfire and replenished his water. Are you boys ready to move out? He says with a big grin.

If Anyone manages a dc 10 spot check you notice Roland’s wound even through the rags is darkened. Like ink. It has three spots along the claw marks running along the injury. (The wound is three claw marks horizontal btw)

Fliggl
2017-10-27, 11:27 PM
Good morning guys! Fitzgerald said. He stood up, streched himself and looked around

[roll0] wow... that's crap

Still tired and unable to fully open his eyes, Fitzgerald went to the stream to wash himself and to refill his waterskin.

~Corvus~
2017-10-28, 12:18 PM
Sammy, upon waking up, inspects his gear and others around him before taking the time to prepare his spells.

Spot: [roll0]

~Corvus~
2017-10-28, 12:35 PM
He doesn't notice the wounds, but he knows that today will be another hard ride. After an hour's meditation, he concentrates and blue energies form hard, blue-leather bracers and a silver circlet that rims his head.
Sammy forms Riding Bracers, which give +4 to Ride and Handle Animal, then +2/essentia invested (invest here for now). He'll also form the Beast Tamer Circlet, which gives +2 Handle Animal and +2 Wild Empathy, +2/essentia invested.

He then approaches Buddy.

"Toime fer another lesson today, eh, Buddy?" The dog perks up at the word "lesson" and looks attentively at Sammy.

Sammy will be teaching his mount the set of skills to become a Warbeast (MM2 pg 219) which includes training for Combat Riding. Druids get a +4 bonus to Handle Animal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/handleAnimal.htm) with their companions; the DC for this check is 20, and requires a week's worth of dedicated training.

[roll0]

Sammy and Buddy go off into the forest, with him mounted on the dog, and has them attack targets while Buddy runs around, snatching at sticks and objects that he throws from his vantage point. The training takes about an hour; he lets Buddy rest, and feeds him some of the food (cooked elk) as rewards along the way. He lets Buddy play in the water for a bit, and then announces his readiness for the day.

Savarin
2017-10-28, 08:12 PM
Beginning the killer march once more you run clear pass noon Roland stops with a thin bead of sweat coming down his face which was unusual for him. Must be the heat He says laughing. I’m going to go to the steam around the bend and wash up. Please feel free to eat and rest though. he walks off into the forest towards the stream.

You can all retry your spot checks if you like. I’ll make it dc 9 this time because I’m worried about your rolls xD.

It’s about 2pm. The sky is getting slightly cloudy as well. Maybe it will rain tomorrow? Also you will be arriving in Alrin once more at 6pm if that makes you happy :D the festivals are over and what not so no exotic goods but you can still get a comfy bed to sleep in :) if you want to of course. You can always pushed ahead a few more hours and skip the city.

So what do you guys do? :smallbiggrin:

~Corvus~
2017-10-28, 10:18 PM
Sammy, satisfied with the training, decides to check up on Roland during the first stop.

"Oi, my good man, hold up there. Lesse this wounda yours." If the man objects, he will insist, Can't be too careful, goodsah. Jus' lemme examine it fer a bit, eh? If'n it's nothin, I'll give ya what I can.

Spot: (c'mon dice!!)[roll0]
Sammy will use Detect Poison on (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectPoison.htm) the Wound. ...then A DC 20 Wisdom (Or Craft (Alchemy) ) check will reveal the type: [roll1] "Hmm...'aven't seen this before"
If there is no Poison there, Sammy will use Detect Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm) on the wound.

He'll then use a Goodberry spell - conjuring up [roll2] berries. Each berry gives sustenence to a medium creature for a day and heals 1 HP. They last for 24 hours.

Fliggl
2017-10-29, 02:04 AM
Looking up from his stone where he was resting Fitzgerald saw the Halfling and Roland talking.

[roll0]

Fliggl
2017-10-29, 02:12 AM
How's your wound doing, Roland? he asked and took a little look closer.
By Kelemvor! This looks ...
NOT GOOD! And is this sweat on your face? We should go to Alrin. One or two days rest and your magic should help him becoming okay. the last one he sent to Smithers.

Savarin
2017-10-29, 01:19 PM
Bah it’s okay boys just a wound. He says standing. Let me wash up fast and I’ll return. Roland says a bit too eagerly to leave the clearly.

Yep your detect magic reveals it is magic damage also. An evil magic.

Roland quickly leaves you both in the clearing and heads east to the stream.

(What do you guys do?) :)

~Corvus~
2017-10-29, 01:41 PM
Sammy will urge Roland, "Roight, we outta get to this Aldrin or whatnot, seein as your face is lookin' a little green an' this wounda yours is black and all. Terrible magic wound, of a nasty sort, no less"

Detect Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm) tells the PRESENCE, the NATURE (School), and then the POTENCY of the magic detected; what is the school and the potency of the wound?
"Oi say, it's about that bad, eh? So let's go; no toime like tha present."

Sammy will urge everyone to the city. "Must be a good cleric there. Or..." he pauses in thought. "Nah, Tha druids of tha Groves are too far off. Best ta go to this place, find a good healer a some sort."

Savarin
2017-10-29, 01:47 PM
ITS strong about low 8th level power so pretty serious stuff
It’s closest to the illusion category but also has some necro. Lol I was tweaking with it a little.

Let’s just say you think it’s illusion school but you detecting something newer like maybe another hidden school of magic that is between both of em. Sinister stuff really. Buhahahaha (home brewed somin special there :)

Fliggl
2017-10-29, 02:18 PM
Fitzgerald tried to remember if there is an temple of Kelemvor in or near Alrin.

no Knowledge (local) available, only k(religion) if that helps. [roll0]

Edit: if 17 is enough to remember and there is one then he says: let's go to the Kelemvorites!
There is a temple near. My brothers will and can help him, for sure!

If not, nevermind

Savarin
2017-10-30, 06:44 PM
sure there is a small temple south of Alrin lol. But Roland walked off already to the stream while you were thinking about it. You both might wanna roll listen and spot checks btw because Roland left with a reason lol.

~Corvus~
2017-10-31, 12:02 AM
Sammy perks up from his contemplation. "Eh? Where's 'e gone? Where's Roland?"

Spot: [roll0]
Listen[roll1]

If needed, he can have Buddy track Roland
Survival: [roll2]

Fliggl
2017-10-31, 12:47 AM
he said he wanted himself to washed up... lets look by the stream! he said and run. Arrived, he started searching

spot: [roll0]

Listen [roll1]

Savarin
2017-10-31, 02:39 PM
After following where he left to Corvus hears grunts and swords swinging. As fliggi sees Roland engaged with about 6 Orc warriors with a dozen around him. Roland is sweating a lot clearly straining under his wounds but fighting ferociously. They charged him nicking his skin with spears but he avoid most. Following up with two quick slash’s of his brothers sword. One tried blocking with his shield proving a fatal mistake as Roland’s blade cleaved through both Orc and shield as if it were nothing. The second tried deflecting his swing but meet the same fate.

It was Roland vs four more orcs. The orcs had a greatsword wielded. A battleax, a longsword with shield and one with a pike. Roland squared off to face there rush again. Prepared to add more bodies to the 14 Orc lives he already claimed.

What do you do?

And kinda shocked at Fitzgerald xD Roland did this before :) Let’s you rest and take care of the problems himself. Even if he is heavily wounded.

Also you guys go first in init if you want to try combating the orcs.

Fliggl
2017-10-31, 03:00 PM
you mean Fitzgerald knows that Roland could defeat them by himself and because of this he wouldn't participate the fight?

Enough blood had been shed today. Even wounded you have no chance against him! Lay your weapons down! NOW! he shouted. Seeing that Roland had to strain himself to fight, Fitzgerald wouldn't participate. Roland wouldn't excuse.

NOW!

diplomacy [roll0] EDIT: wow. I'm the worst diplomancer. Ever :/

And he uses detect evil.

EDIT 2. Fitzgerald stopped his movement 20' away from Roland in the shadows of the trees. He raised his hand and whispered hold on my friend
and uses protection devotion (+2 AC for all allies in a 30' area) for 1 minute

~Corvus~
2017-10-31, 03:10 PM
Sammy gasped.

This man was incredible! Surely it was better to run than...than to face those orcs, right? Right? There were no animals to best or tame here; only ravenous orcs. He looked again at Roland. Sooner or later, that man would take a sword in his head.

Sweating, Sammy focuses his mind, reaching to the howling beasts from forests afar. He could hear one of coming, answering a call to hunt.

FRA summon Nature's Ally I (wolf). Will appear next round.

Savarin
2017-10-31, 04:06 PM
The orcs looked around but in the shadows of the forest couldn’t see Fitzgerald. Sammy’s call was answered as a howl pierced though the forest. Fitzgerald you didn’t have to come. I can handle this. Roland had a thick sheen of sweat on his body and his wound was noticeably darker. Clearly it pains him greatly but act like it’s nothing.

The orcs noticing more threats looming in and seeing that they were clearly outmatched by Roland let alone more on lookers. We’ll come back to finish you later. You Valerians will be defeated. Hrurand with be coming for you. Hahaha even your power couldn’t match his. the Orc with the greatsword says. The rest run away. Not intending to try their lucky against Roland with extra allies.

As they left Roland cleaned his blade and shelthed it. Grabbing a shovel from his bag he starts to dig graves. More sweat forming on his body.

Fliggl
2017-10-31, 04:24 PM
Take a rest Roland. This I can do for you. his hand layed down onto Rolands shovel. With a grin he continued you need it!

Fitzgerald took his own shovel and digged the graves. He buzzed a song like his daddy did when he was digging graves. He layed a copper piece on every orcs forehead. pay the ferryman he said.

After the last orc was burried he said a prayer to Kelemvor. He should judge them in the afterlife.

When he was ready, he took the petal out of his backpack, showed it to Smithers and said could this help him? A tea or so? A herbalist said you can make something out of it what makes you stronger. Just a thought, you know?

~Corvus~
2017-11-01, 01:15 AM
Sammy takes up a shovel, but isnt as strong as the other man, so he devises a means to both break the topsoil for good digging sites ans then slide the dead orcs into the graves using the shovel as a lever; this way, he and Fitzgerald worked consistently.

He feels preplexed by the happenings of the world. Its like ever since he left the forest grove, the world tossed him about Helpless to affect change, only an illusion of power held sway over victory. Good thing Roland cast a large enough shadow. He had Buddy, though, and the Spirits. And now, it seemed, protection as he travelled to Aldrin.

As they finished, Sammy took the flower. He thought back about his teachings about flowers...[roll0]

Savarin
2017-11-01, 02:58 PM
The petal is a rare flower. Able to give the body strength. You brain knows not for healing but to empowers your body adds 1 str and 1 con full flower would have done 2 str 2 dex 2 con

I killed these men I should be helping . Roland says his shovel piercing deep into the earth quickly burying some orcs. He washes off his sweat and cleans his wound and changes his bandage. When he removed it you saw the wounds were black and the veins around them were turning yellow. It reeked of death.

(What do you guys do before setting off again?)

Fliggl
2017-11-01, 03:22 PM
Oh my... This looks horrific! Fitzgerald said when he saw the wound.
South of Alrin is a temple of Kelemvor. This is our next destination, okay? this wasn't a question if they are fine with it but if they - especially Roland - had understood it.

and it would be better to stay together now. I don't know Hrurand but if it's true what the orc has said, we will have a problem!

Roland, Smithers, what do you mean?

~Corvus~
2017-11-01, 03:29 PM
Sammy puts the petal in a pouch for later. He responds, "This petal is useless for 'im. Makes you stronger, tougher, but he'd need a 'ole flower ta make a difference. His wound is bad; I don't have the magics for this; Even a means of Restoring a wound is beyond moi experience. We REALLY ought to be going. 'Ere Roland, eat one of these. Best Oi can do for now.

No more battles, Roland; your wounds WILL overtake you. We need to leave...for the Temple that Fitzgerald is talking about. If the Gods are willing, you'll live, eh?
" The halfling gives Roland a hard stare. His penchant for finding adversaries was a liability. It's almost as if Sammy was better off without him.

Sammy use Cure Minor Wounds (heals 1) and gives Roland a Goodberry. Any ongoing bleeding from his wounds should stop (CMW); the berry gives sustenance for today's meals and heals 1 HP (2 total).

Fitzgerald, while we travel, tell me about your journey. Wha's it been loike so far? What do ye need ta do?

Savarin
2017-11-01, 03:34 PM
Roland grumbles about how he is fine. You notice the minor scraps he recieved healed like normal just his chest wound didn’t.

Roland doesn’t say much as you start running out again
He is a little bit slower then Fitzgerald now and even your pup can get further ahead if he pushed himself. But Roland didn’t complain as you moved.

Ill let you guys talk when you want to arrive at the next area and make a straight run towards the church lemme know!

Fliggl
2017-11-01, 04:09 PM
Fitzgerald told Smithers in short form what had happened since he was recruited by the Valerians. All the running, the incident in the cave and why they are heading through Serexxs.

I will show you the other items when we rest if you want. Eventually you can tell me something about it.

at this tempo when will we arrive the temple? EDIT: better: does Fitzgerald know when they arrive?

Savarin
2017-11-01, 08:03 PM
Yep lets say you are arriving at the edge now. As for additional catch up for Sammy here you go! :)

I was accompanying the Valerians to rid their borders of bandits in the area. But it seems like they were trying to get into an old ruin of some kind. It sealed away a shadow creature called Zaivven. He came from a oplane of shadows and wants to encase the world in darkness. I thought destroying hotheadedness black gem in the room he was in world have killed him. But it released him instead. Killing Roland’s brother Sigurd and injuring Roland in the process. I found a book in writing I don’t understand with a skull necklace and a ring with two dragons on it. After I left I was a weird shadowy version of myself. Roland offered me to accompany me to Serexxs where we were hoping on decoding the book and maybe finding a way to recontian Zaivven that seems to have went inside my body.

Hope that helps? :)

Roland slows down outside the gates as he waits for you to catch up. The gates were opened but were due to close soon because night was closing in quickly. The guards seeing you decided to wait until you all entered the gate. When you did they closed behind you.

Inside was a small courtyard with a stable directly in front of you and the church to the left. On the right of the courtyard was a small warehouse.

(What do you do?)

Fliggl
2017-11-02, 02:11 AM
Finally! Let's go to the temple Fitzgerald said after entering the city. He walked straight to the temple.
When they arrived he knocked on the doors Good evening brothers! My name is Fitzgerald van der Kerkhof, former squire of Sir Tython and this is Smithers. My friend over here, Roland, got struck by some shadow. Please brothers, take a look and treat his sinister wound! he said while bowing down.

~Corvus~
2017-11-03, 09:41 PM
Sammy watches with a frown at Fitzgerald's reverence. That was too much for him, but he was willing to admit that faith had its uses. Not that it had helped Roland; the poor bugger had strength, sure, and resilience, but so few people in this world were truly blessed with divine gifts, let alone divine power. What was it that decreed anothers growth, anothers rise to power?
Sammy couldnt tell. Maybe what led others to great Magical powers was some unknowable force that drove good and evil through the world; whimsy at its finest.

The halfling gave a chuckle. He would never admit it to another, but it was probably better for him and Fitzgerald if Roland didn't make it. Sure, he was powerful, but this same strength prevented him and Fitz from growth. Like an Umbrella Tree under two saplings, it caught the rain and nutrients the young trees would have if it wasnt there. Sammy chewed his nails, considering his actions carefully. What they needed was a reversal of fortunes; for a journey that separated them from the other man. He went to Buddy, tied his armor to Buddy's back, and gave the dog a sniff of the flower. "seek." He gave the dog a treat, then had the dog smell the flower again, gave a treat, then had the dog smell the flower a third time. "SEEK." He let the dog disappear into the urban sprawl.

Seek: a complex command, but one that was perfect for a hound like Buddy. Its said that those types of dogs are bred with a desire to find scents they are exposed to and told to seek. It was time to test whether or not Buddy could find another one of these flowers in the city.

Sammy eats the flower petal and then he finds Fitzgerald. Into his ear he whispers, "Oi. Fitz. I need your 'elp. Could we go outside for a chat?"

Fliggl
2017-11-04, 02:27 AM
edit: wrong thread...
Nothing here go away

Savarin
2017-11-04, 03:05 PM
As the priest took him in seeing his darkened wound there faces grew grim. Leading him away from you they took him in the intermost part of the church Roland weakened followed along.

Buddy comes back tail in between his legs not able to find any of the followers the petal came from.

Fliggl
2017-11-04, 06:29 PM
Fitzgerald watched the priests as they helped Roland. Then, he turned to Smithers and said “Pardon, what was it? Sure can we talk. I'm a bit hungry. Let's search an inn if you don't mind...“

He told a novice that they were leaving for the night and will come back tomorrow. Before leaving he said a prayer to Kelemvor.

~Corvus~
2017-11-04, 09:25 PM
Sammy pats Buddy on the head, got back on his saddle, and scratched his ears. "Good boy," he said affectionately.

When Fitzgerald suggests a tavern, Sammy perks up. "Tha's a good idear, Fitz. You don' mind that I call you Fitz? Roight? Cuz its a bloody long name, Fitzgerald.
Not that its a bad name, just long.

I wanted ta hear your thoughts abou' this whole Roland business. Waddya think of'im?.

Fliggl
2017-11-05, 12:53 AM
You can call me Fitz if you like, I'm fine with this.
About Roland, I think he's an honorable and strong fighter. Maybe he's hotheaded and stubborn but to me at least, he was friendly, honest and respectful even I'm a hireling and half as old as he is. he said while walking out of the temple. He took a look around, saw the warehouse, the stables and the gate.

Do you know where we can find a meal and a bed for the night?

Savarin
2017-11-06, 01:50 PM
The sables looked the best place for tonight. You might be able to get some food from the temples kitchen also as you wait for morning to arrive.

Welp you might wanna roll spot and listen checks for the night. Lol and finished your misc stuff :)

Fliggl
2017-11-06, 02:13 PM
Fitzgerald thanked the novice for letting them take some food out of their kitchen.
At the stables he sat down, started to eat and said so Smithers, do you have any problems with Roland or what is it?

~Corvus~
2017-11-06, 05:27 PM
Sammy took in the questions from the knight with silence, padding towards the stables. He had many thoughts to parse. He didn't like Roland. He was too...he was too capable. More importantly to Sammy, though, it was a ego thing. He opened his mouth and stopped, urging buddy to halt.

"Do ya 'ear that? What was that?"
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Buddy: Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]
Survival (Scent) [roll4]

Savarin
2017-11-06, 11:18 PM
Buddy turning his head towards the warehouse. You followed his gaze revealing some Orc warriors scaling the wall and jumping down. One that had two large axes on his back just landed on the ground. His eyes fierce. His companions just followed him down...

dun dun da!!!

Hrurand and the Orc warriors you let escape. You here some scuffle noises coming from the gate and behind the church it’s a three prong Attack. Shortly torches will be volleyed over the wall igniting the stable but you can post your actions first because you passed the check :)

~Corvus~
2017-11-07, 12:25 AM
Sammy giggles and halts his companion, certain he sees a bird in the sky far above. "Brother Eagle, hear my call! Lend your talons to my cause!"

Command Buddy to Guard (Free)
FRA - Summon Nature's Ally 1
for an Eagle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/eagle.htm) with the following modifications:
+4 Str, +4 Con (Augment Summoning)
+3 luck bonus to attack (Ashbound)
(+5 bonus to all attacks; +2 damage per attack; +2 HP)

3-round duration (1round (CL base)x2 (ashbound) +1 (SF: Conjuration))

Fliggl
2017-11-07, 01:16 AM
ALERT! ALERT! ORCS ATTACK! he shouted.

Knowing that nothing than brute force would stop them. He grabbed his quarterstaff and run to the orc with the two axes. This orc has to be Hrurand he thought. when I defeat him the others may give up.

Fitzgerald used the surroundings to his advantage. He was nearly unseen due to the shadows.

I charge Hrurand. Attacking out of the shadows triggers my sudden strike, right? And +2atk, right?

Charge, invisible, smite evil, PA -1
[roll0]

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

What have I done? Wrong dice lol

Fliggl
2017-11-07, 03:29 AM
Quarterstaff + sudden strike + str (1) + reckless(1) + PA(2) +SE(1)
[roll0]

If he hits, he will poke him with his staff against the wall (*cough* lol. I'm 13. Hihi)

Savarin
2017-11-07, 01:48 PM
Taken off guard Hrurandgets slammed in the chest without your hit. Stumbling back but not causing all to much harm. His eyes having troubling finding you he draws both his weapons and swings at where he think so your standing.

Priest come out to see the commotion and call for guards. But none came...around you on the walls we’re orcs fighting them. Suddenly the stable burst into flame as the torch’s last lobbed over the wall ignited the Hay.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If the 1d2 is a 1 He missing because of your shadowy concealment :p.

Gl everybody! Also everybody up.

~Corvus~
2017-11-07, 02:19 PM
An eagle descends from above. "Attack that Orc!!" Sammy points to the bloodied Hrurand, directing the fierce bird to take deadly swipes at him.

Handle Animal (vs DC 5): [roll0]

Ride [roll1] to avoid AoOs against Buddy charging into melee (direct attacks at Sammy's 19 AC)

EAGLE: 160' move
Dive attack (Two talons, damage doubled; +2 attack; -2 AC)
Talon 1 a[roll2] DOUBLE OF [roll3] 6 damage; slam against wall for +5 damage
Talon 2 a[roll4] DOUBLE OF [roll5] 6 damage; slam against wall for +5 damage

Fliggl
2017-11-07, 02:24 PM
Darn! Smithers! My backpack!
Take him! he shouted while dodging and tumbling around Hrurand.
What he had found in the old temple was too valuable to let it be consumed by the flames. So valuable that he risks to give Hrurand a hint where he was.
You have to be quick, Fitzgerald! Strike him from the other side he thought.

Tumble around Hrurand [roll0]
Hit him in the back out of the shadows [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Wow... this was... poor. Very...

~Corvus~
2017-11-07, 02:30 PM
If the orc Hrurand is still alive after the eagle's brutal attack, he will direct Buddy to attack the orc, too.

CHARGE vs. Hrurand (or next closest orc)
Ride DC 15 passed; Attacks vs. Buddy will be directed at Sammy's 19 AC.

Buddy's Attack: Missed. Blegh.
Bite[roll0] & on hit TRIP (free; no AoO) [roll1]; if TRIP hits, Hrurand falls PRONE (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#prone) & provokes AoO from Eagle
Damage: [roll2]; if damage is >5, wolf will PUSH Hrurand against wall

If Hrurand tries to get up, he has a -4 AC Per Prone rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#prone)
Buddy (If Hrurand gets up) [roll3] & on hit TRIP (free; no AoO)
Trip: [roll4]

Eagle (If trip goes off)
Talons (primary attack; 2) vs PRONE [roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]

No, Buddy, not tha ground. Whaddya mean, Fitz? THe orcs are trying to burn your backpack? But why?

Savarin
2017-11-07, 03:55 PM
The fire helping Hrurand see Fitzgerald a little more clearly restricts as he tumbles past him. Sammy’s eagle talon scraping just below Hrurand eyes making him stumble back.

So an Aoo to Fitzgerald plus 2 battle axes swings :o gl Fitzgerald!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

First ones an Aoo also seeing all those rolls are giving me a little bit of a chill xD

Edit not as bad as it would have been lol gj Fitzgerald! Everyone up!

Fliggl
2017-11-07, 04:07 PM
tumbling was for rp reasons... was still in his threatening area. But this one missed, so nevermind.
The first blow came too fast. Fitzgerald couldn't dodge it. And Hrurands weapon hitted hard! The second strike was close but fortunately missed him.

gooddammit! I've left it at the stables he shouted in Smithers direction and started running to grab his backpack. too valuable

so. I want to use the withdraw action and run back to the stables. If there is fire at the entrance I jump over it.

Rolls:
Jump with running start, run feat and +4 modifier for having 40ft base [roll0]

When allowed I grab my backpack and run/jump out of the stables immediately. Nearest exit.

~Corvus~
2017-11-07, 05:04 PM
Sammy opens his mouth and said, "Fi--" But the man was gone. He'd have to talk to the bloke. Running off like that, when Sammy was nearly out of spells for the day? Preposterous. Men whose bodies were weapons never ran out of use; best to leave an agile, slippery caster like Sammy to do the finding of backpacks.

He turns to the attack. Best to wade in, as they say. "Buddy! Eagle! Attack!" Sammy then turns to his summoning. Best to win decisively. Here's hoping the orcs would buckle under pressure.

Sammy will sacrifice last spell slot for Summon Nature's Ally 1, summoning a Wolf

Buddy:
Bite [roll0] trip[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Eagle (round 2/3) Full attacks!
Talon 1 [roll3] [roll4]
Talon 2 [roll5] [roll6]
Bite [roll7] [roll8]

Savarin
2017-11-08, 01:47 PM
Fitzgerald noticed as he was grabbing his bag the flames didn’t touch his bag. Rather stayed away from it in fact. As he ran out the flames didn’t affect him in anyway.

Hrurand dodges your pups attack but not fast enough to completely dodged the eagles claws from attacking his face again. Cutting just slightly above his eyes making his face covered in blood. Then a bone chilling roar escapes his mouth as he falls into rage...
Hrurand enters into a rage mode because of the fight be careful guys :(

To buddy

[roll1]

To Sammy
[roll2]
[roll]1d8+

Seeing rolls quick then posting rest of the enemy’s turn.

Savarin
2017-11-08, 01:49 PM
ouch Sammy and buddy :(

[roll0] Sammy’s dmg mess code up.

Hrurand deadly attacks came faster and more quickly. As his Orc friends are catching up to we’re his was fighting you...now it’s 6 vs Sammy’s squad...Fitzgerald nowhere to be seen

(Everyone up!)

Fliggl
2017-11-08, 02:05 PM
Why is this fire not harmful to me? Fitzgerald thought. But this was something he would research later. Now it was important to stop the orcs. He searched for Hrurand and charged him as soon as he spotted him.

Charge attack out of the shadows: [roll0] (+2 when in flanking position with the hawk)
Damage [roll1]

Come on dice! Please something high now!

EDIT: really? Dammit!

Savarin
2017-11-08, 02:07 PM
you missed also in case you didn’t know I think buddy just died and Sammy is dying :/ I’ll let you edit up your last post in case you didn’t see :smallfrown: idk if someone would charge 6 guys under those circumstances

Fliggl
2017-11-08, 02:12 PM
I know it. But Fitzgerald didn't see it.
And I can't heal, so what should I do?

Trying to end the fight fast through killing the orc was the plan...

Savarin
2017-11-08, 02:17 PM
I know it. But Fitzgerald didn't see it.
And I can't heal, so what should I do?

Trying to end the fight fast through killing the orc was the plan...

Maybe try saving Sammy before he dies and get Roland to help xD. That or running away from the church may be the only options right now. :/ also Sammy is right next to Hrurand so you probably can see him lying down covered in blood. Idk up to you! :)

~Corvus~
2017-11-08, 02:23 PM
Sammy gasps in shock as the axe comes down on him. Bugger all! he thinks. Bleeding, unconscious, all he can do is beg, PLEAD with the gods of nature that the animals he's summoned finish the job for him.

From the halfling's hands, several berries roll out. Fitzgerald, you better come quick, he thinks. I would have wanted another one of those marvelous berries before my time was up...

Wolf will attack Hrurand, as he should be closest
Attack: [roll0] Trip: [roll1] vs.opposed Strength (free; on opposed, opponent doesn't get reaction to trip back).
Damage: [roll2]

Eagle (round 3/3)
Talon 1 [roll3]
[roll4]

Talon 2 [roll5] (if vs. prone, this is at a +4 to hit)
[roll6]

Bite [roll7]
[roll8]

Savarin
2017-11-08, 02:28 PM
Str roll for Hrurand
[roll0]
Also his ac is 14 now so he got some hurt going in

Edit ugh... who wins? Lol there tied :/

Fliggl
2017-11-08, 02:37 PM
first: thanks for 2nd chance.
Second: I thought if Roland is capable of walking/fighting he will have heard the alert. And because he isn't fighting, searching him would be useless
Third: lets try this instead:

Fitzgerald saw his fellow as he got struck by Hrurand. He had to control himself not to scream and attack the orc in anger. not now he thought. It wasn't Smithers time to leave. And somehow he liked this strange halfling.

Fitzgerald sneaked to Smithers, watching his step and taking care of beeing in the shadows. He took Smithers mantle, rolled it up and pressed it against his cleaving wound. Then he took Smithers hand and let him hold this improvised bandage.
hold this and don't move he whispered.

thought the heal skill was trained only...

Move action to Smithers, standard action first aid to make him stable.
Heal [roll0]

not even once a high roll! Dammit!
Dammit dammit dammit

I sneak up to Smithers and put the berries in his mouth. Fitzgerald saw what they do, when Smithers gave one to Roland

~Corvus~
2017-11-08, 03:05 PM
Sammy gasped, brought from a stream of light and unconsciousness. Still, all he could offer the Knight was his third-best grin. "Thanks, mate. I owe ya one. Give 'em hell. Go down swinging.

Sammy feels Buddy. nngggghhh... His chest wounds, barely closed, burned with a ferocity he'd never faced. But he wouldn't let his companion die without a chance.

There the dog was. He could feel the gash into his back. Blood leaking all around. Sammy reached behind himself, knowing that his movement could be threatening to his health. Sammy connected, somehow, to Buddy's mind. Into his dog's head, he projected the thoughts, "Hang in there ol' Buddy. Don't leave me jus' yet. You're tha best friend I ever had.

Straining, feeling the warm blood from his chest flow freely again, Sammy fumbled along the ground. His palm crushed a berry. Damn, damn! He had two left. Grasping the final two, he reaches into Buddy's mouth, putting a berry inside the canine's jaw. eat, he commanded, his mind again doing the talking.

As he watched the dog's throat reflexively swallow the Berry, he let go, a smile on his lips. Not a bad way to go, actually.

Ghostwise halflings get Telepathy (1 target at a time, must be agreed contact) instead of their bonus to saves.

Sammy is at 0. He has one standard action to avoid dying.

Move action to gather berries.

Another move action (taking the hit into uncosciousness) to put the berries into Buddy's mouth.

Save DC 15 Fortitude vs. bleeding: [roll0] Edit: back down to -1!

Savarin
2017-11-11, 03:10 PM
The wolf knocks Hrurand to the ground. Before he is able to continue his brutal assault. His men are a few feet behind him soon you with be swarmed...

(What do you do)

his strength roll [roll0]

Everyone up

~Corvus~
2017-11-11, 05:25 PM
Sammy, unconscious and dying, gugrles usessly. Buddy, unconscious but no longer dying, rests.

Fort DC15 to stabilise:
[roll0] down to -2!!

~Corvus~
2017-11-11, 05:28 PM
The eagle vanishes. The wolf, having bit Hrurand again but not able to knock him down, takes another bite at the orc!

[roll0] & free trip on hit: [roll1]
[roll2]

Fliggl
2017-11-11, 05:37 PM
Fitzgerald seized the moment when Hrurand was prone and hitted him with his quarterstaff. He layed all his strength into this blow, hoping it could be the final strike.

Attack: out of the shadows (+2) vs prone (+4)
Power Attack (-1) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Savarin
2017-11-11, 08:21 PM
The combination attack between the wolf eagle and Fitzgerald bombarded Hrurand with blows sending him towards the ground unmoving. Blood flowing freely from his body... the six orcs look at there defeated leader and to the injured halfling rage growing the closest one attacked!

Thump!!!!

You see him fly back into his comrades with a massive spear sticking out of his chest. Turning around you see Roland his face pale and covered in sweat standing inside the church’s doorway. Feebly he mentioned to the priest next to him. Who handed him another spear. A sharp hissing sound passed your head as you hear another

Thump!!!!

Another Orc falls to the ground with a spear in there body. The rest turn and flees and Roland walks over painfully using Sigurd sword as a cane. The church went up in flames. You still notice a dozen orcs around you on the walls engaged with the guards. Roland says some words to the priest who quickly runs into the warehouse bringing out a medium size wagon. He quickly sets buddy and Sammy in it as Roland walks to Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald Roland says weakly Go to Serexxs make sure the little one doesn’t die. he coughs a black sludge coming out of his mouth. I’ll see what I can do about these orcs. Priest go with him and patch up Smithers. It will be safer with them. As you drag the wagon behind you Roland removes the bar off the gate and gives you a way out.

I’ll see you in Serexxs as soon as I can He says with a heartily smile he body looked weaker then it used to be. Clearly he didn’t have much time left. Looking back you see a dozen orcs standing on the other side of the door preparing to fight Roland.

Run Fitzgerald! he shouts. You here faintly under his breath Sigurd I’ll be seeing you soon... drawing his sword the gate closed leaving you and the priest on the other side. With sammy in a wagon with buddy.

(What do you do?)

Sorry if that seemed a little rushed but I hope you don’t mind. If you do anything in between that feel free to write. Btw there are about 25 orcs inside in case you wanted to try somein heroic :p

~Corvus~
2017-11-11, 09:58 PM
Sammy, a smile on his face, drifts in the realm of unconsciousmess. His Buddy had been saved; if they lived or died, it was enough.

Fliggl
2017-11-12, 02:35 AM
Edit: But... he started to say but knowing the Roland was right. Fitzgerald had to take this chance to save Simthers and maybe the whole world. The shadow has to be stopped. And he knew also that if Roland is going down he will have the most honorable death a fighter could have.

Thank you Roland!

As fast as he could Fitzgerald drag the wagon into the woods. He had to catch his breath for a moment.

the cleric which laid sammy and buddy into the wagon made him stable at least, or? I suppose to.

hold on Smithers! We will find someone who can help you both!

He took a sip from his waterskin and gave the others a small sip also. After this, he started dragging again.
Two hours later Fitzgerald needed to sleep. He searched for a place to rest.

When they arrived he took Sammys blanket and layed it over both.
His own bedroll he forgot at the stables so he tried to find a good nights rest while leaning against a stone. He fall asleep the next second.

Savarin
2017-11-12, 08:43 AM
yep that’s why he was there. I’m going to speed it up until it’s morning so everyone will be able to move even if your still injured

The night passes with no more surprises as the sun rises. The priest making Smithers wounds close up to no longer have his life in danger decides to travel with you until the next city on the road.

(Anything before you set off?)

Fliggl
2017-11-12, 11:25 AM
Fitzgerald awaked and felt like he was smashed by a big stone. He got a bruise on his chest and similar threats from last nights fight.

He walked over to Smithers and his dog and he was happy that both survived the night.
Good morning Smithers!
How are you today? Glad you made it!

~Corvus~
2017-11-12, 03:39 PM
Sammy heard Fitzgerald's voice and let his consciousness drift towards it. With a body barely recovered, aches and pains assaulted him with little mercy.

"Aaggghhh...Fitz, is tha' you? Wha... what.." he feels around. His companion beside him, sprawled in the cart, Buddy almost looked better than Sammy felt.

"Fitzgerald, ya might bastard, ye did it!!
How tha bloody 'ell...Hrurand 'es dead?"

With the Ninjadin's confirmation, he gives a grim nod. "Per'aps we take a day ta lie low. With our recovery needed, it'll be all Oi can do ta heal ourselves ta normal.

Oi must think a bit, eh? Bloody day preparin' an' all.

Fliggl
2017-11-13, 01:44 PM
Hrurand is dead. But the other Orcs didn't stop attacking. I hope that Roland made it!

Fitzgerald walked a bit around to see, where they are and where they spent the night.

do you need rolls?
Spot [roll0]
Search [roll1]

Savarin
2017-11-13, 02:06 PM
No threats in the area looks like you are safe for the day.

(Speeding up to night time)

Wounds almost fully healed and party recovers. The priest heads off to Alrin to let the guards know what happened at his church.

exps :0 So beautiful so sweet :)

Killing Hrurand (350 exp each)
Failure to save the church +1 frown point. :(
Valerians points increase by +15 each
+50 exp for helping bury the orcs (each)

Smithers points
+150 exp for healing
+50 exp for support.
+100 exp for nice role playing
+25 exp for eating loot lol
+50 exp for asking questions I didn’t want to say yet :p
+15 exp for holding off orcs until Fitzgerald grabbed his bag.
+50exp for caring for buddy so cute :)

Fitzgerald
+50 exp for passing all my invisible will saves :p
+100 for saving Smithers
+ 50 roleplaying
+10 for loot being eaten lol
+15 exp for avoiding combat with orcs.
+125 exp for always updating you sheet I like it lol

If you think I missed anything lemme know!

Fliggl
2017-11-13, 03:00 PM
Hey Smi... Fitzgerald aborted. He saw that the Halfling was already in a trance or similar.

Buddy, right he said to the dog you'll have a look, okay? I go to find something edible.

He walked through the woods finding some berries, roots and even a rabbit. Also he had refilled his waterskin.
taking 10 on survival -> 14.
Enough to find food for me and two others

At dawn he arrived their camp. you look better now, Smithers.
Alive! he had to laugh.
I have found something to eat.
Could you make a fire please? I have to pray now.

He sat down on a rock, started his prayer and after that he meditated.

~Corvus~
2017-11-13, 05:52 PM
After a bit of meditation, Sammy thinks it is best to lay low for the day, rest, recover, and then prepare for the journeys ahead. That didn't mean they couldn't be active, just that they shouldn't be seen. He again shapes spectral, chitinous plates that hover over his shoulders and down his arms to his hands. The sky blue bracers on Sammy's forearms ztay put; he finishes the day's soulmelds.

Sammy shapes Kruthix Claws and keeps the Riding Bracers: one gives bonuses to Hide & Move silently; the other to Handle animal and Ride.
He will prepare:
Omen of Peril (complete Divine 171) & then...
2x Lesser Vigor
OR if fully healed:
1x Sandblast (Cdiv 178)
1x Obscuring Mist

Savarin
2017-11-13, 07:19 PM
Next morning came your wounds fully healed and bodies rested. You can continue on your journey or part ways seeking new adventures...what shall you both do?...

~Corvus~
2017-11-13, 07:55 PM
With Fitzgerald ready for prayer, Sammy takes time to find some good wood to make a Fire.

Buddy! Fetch sticks!!

Shift essentia to Riding Bracers; have Buddy take Survival tp find wood. The good burnable branches are also one of the dogs favorite types of toys!

Handle Animal DC 10 (has 10 minimum check; auto-success).
Buddy's Survival [roll0]

This done, Sammy gets a fire going!!
Survival [roll1]

Finally, the halfling continues Buddy's training in riding and combat. They growl and wrestle on the ground, and Sammy gives the dog commands backed up by fun abd fetch with unused sticks.
WarBeast training day 4/14
DC 15 Handle Animal check:
[roll2]
Edit: gaholy canoodle!! 2 crits in a row!!!

Fliggl
2017-11-14, 02:17 PM
I'm really happy you're fine Fitzgerald said as he come back from his praying, seeing them rolling on the ground.

I guess Buddy wants the rabbit? He sat down near the fire and grabbed some berries. What are you doing now Smithers? Are you coming with me? Find some wise man who can tell us how to stop the evil which lives inside of me and want to doom or destroy the world? Not the easiest job I guess...

~Corvus~
2017-11-14, 04:42 PM
Sammy gives Fitzgerald a look of amusement. "A bit dramatic, doncha think? Oi mean sure, ya might 'ave a curse or whatnot, but we, supposed ta stop tha world endin?

Pff. Oi'll help ya, but don' get me started on tha end of tha world bullox. Plenty a blokes got tha' andled--world-ending gods and wha'not. Just a few years ago, tha wizard wassisname?" Sammy pauses and puts his a hand on his chin. "'E erm...blew up a temple, or a uhh...it was a tomb or wha'not. Annyways, even a dragon 'elped. A bloody dragon!!

Don' get me wrong, we defeated an orc tagether, you and moi magics, an' it was bloody brilliant, if 'es really dead. All the same, ee're not world savers, Buddy an' Oi. So oi'll elp you get your...curse an wha'not, but Oi..." Sammy gives Fitzgerald a look that's nearly akin to being hurt. "Oi signed up fer adventure, but tha' would be delusions of grandeur."

Fliggl
2017-11-14, 05:05 PM
Hey, I just quote the shadow he replied. Maybe he was overacting, okay, but I don't want to rely on it. And even it is only a tenth mighty as it said, it's still too much!

While talking Fitzgerald played with the fire in front of him. With his bare hands.
Look, it doesn't harm me! he hold his hand still it doesn't burn!
He took his hand out of the fire and it looked like before. It's because of him!
I'm really scared, Smithers! I don't want to have it inside of me...
Fitzgerald started crying

~Corvus~
2017-11-14, 06:19 PM
Sammy looked bewildered. "Mate, its na nearly tha enda tha world. Somtoime when yer in better spirits ask me tha story'a Tomi and the Gorgon. Oi don' wanna belittle yer fear; if oid be like tha' itd scare me too.

Now, ya hafta think tha' this is a trusta yer faith; and if Oi may say so, maybe ya have some powers ta gain from this thing as well. If nuthin' else, wjen yer all better, it'll be a good story.

Now! As fer tha shadow, those things are likely jus' a demon try'n ta confuse ya. They love ta twist yer moind, an' then wha? Suddenly yer given a pact with foire. Yondalla's horn! Is' all a test, ya see? We'll get outta this mess and inna bigger one. An' tha's loife of an adventurer.

Right, Buddy?" he looks to the sog, as if it followed his every word, and tossed the rabbit to the exhausted dog to enjoy.

Fliggl
2017-11-15, 10:17 AM
An' tha's loife of an adventurer.
These words echoed in his head.
You're right Smithers he sniffed and wiped away the tears. It was a hard week, you know?
And today was the first day with no action. Everything had a chance to come up now...

Fitzgerald took some wood and threw it into the fire.

I try to get some sleep now. Good night Buddy and Smithers

Savarin
2017-11-15, 12:25 PM
Morning comes quickly. The weather getting a bit chiller in the fall. You set off to Serexxs. A week passed since leaving your campsite as you draw clearer to the border of Serexxs as you see an old ruin. You can choose to continue on your path or explore.

(What would you do?)

Also feel free to post anything that happens in that week I just speed it up to avoid all the repetition:)

Fliggl
2017-11-15, 01:27 PM
Hey Smithers! Look at these ruins! You remember when I told you about this wise guy from Serexxs? When I met him, Seracull, he told me about an ancient temple near Serexxs. This could be the one he mentioned. Let's take a look, ok?

~Corvus~
2017-11-15, 01:39 PM
Sammy will continue training Buddy in War & combat the entire week. Since he can do this in relative safety, he will choose soulmelds with maximum benefit for such purposes.

Warbeast training!
Riding Bracers: +4 base +2 (invested essentia); +6
Beast Tamer Circlet: +2 Handle Animal
Druid Bonus (is companion): +4
Cha bonus: +0
Handle Animal ranks: 4
Total Handle Animal check: +16

DC of training: 15+(1 per HD) = 17 (Monster Manual 2 pg 219). Will auto-succeed on Handle Animal checks.

5/60 days of training completed before the week ends; 1 Critical success (this would pass ultimate DC 27 Handle Animal check to ensure final success)

Day 6 [roll0] vs 17
Day 7 [roll1] vs 17
Day 8 [roll2] vs 17
Day 9 [roll3] vs 17
Day 10 [roll4] vs 17

Day 11 [roll5] vs 17
Day 12 [roll6] vs 17

COMPLETED 12/60 days' training.

Fitzgerald
Hey Smithers! Look at these ruins! You remember when I told you about this wise guy from Serexxs? When I met him, Seracull, he told me about an ancient temple near Serexxs. This could be the one he mentioned. Let's take a look, ok?

Sammy furrows his brow. Righ' what're we lookin' for anyways?

Fliggl
2017-11-15, 02:06 PM
forgot to mention that Sercull wanted to inspect these ruins. So we have a chance that we meet him there.

Seracull! We want to meet Seracull.
Didn't I say that? Maybe he's in this ruins, inspecting them. I told you that before, or? Now I'm confused... Fitzgerald clapped his hands together Whatever... ready to go?

~Corvus~
2017-11-15, 02:15 PM
Sammy pauses. "Actually, Fitz, Oi 'avent shaped my melds fer tha day. Give me a few minutes. Wha' should we expect in there? More creatures? Deadly enemies? Monsters?"

Savarin
2017-11-15, 02:15 PM
yep there might be a chance lol

As you drew near you see a small camp set up a few feet away from the entrance two men guarding the entrance from anyone looking to enter. Sounds from inside indicating that there are more people inside the ruins.

(What do you do?)

(About 10am)

~Corvus~
2017-11-15, 02:31 PM
Hearing the sounds, Sammy knows exactly what to do. "We'll not be caught unawares again, Fitz. We 'ave good powers 'ere." He dismounts from Buddy and unpacks many sticks from the dog. They seem made of various and sundry wood, and all carved in beautiful styles.

He lays them out and touches the ground. First, he casts Guidance on himself (Orison). Then he intones, "Spirits of tha wild, of ancient and wise souls, spirits of tha earth. Grant me a boon of events ta come in this temple: Safety, Peril, or Great Danger."

Per Omen of Peril (http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/omen-of-peril) (Races of Destiny 106), the GM must make a secret roll. With Sammy's Guidance spell, he has a +1 bonus to this check; 72% of success.
Results upon success tell TRUTHFULLY one of the following: Safety, Peril, Great Danger.
Failure means any one answer NOT truthful.

This check should be hidden from the PCs.

Savarin
2017-11-15, 02:50 PM
Sammy sees you talking with a few men talking in the ruins. The door leading down was locked.

it says 2-3 secs so I hope that was enough lol.

Fliggl
2017-11-16, 02:46 AM
You're right Smithers! Beeing unprepared isn't good. Not again!

He watched silently what Sammy was doing with all these sticks.

After Sammy had completed his ritual he asked curious And? What's the outcome of this? Do you know something?

~Corvus~
2017-11-16, 03:51 AM
Sammy turns his head to one side and scratches it. "Hrm...Oi admit, Fitz, it's been a few years since Oi ran onna these spells, but wha' should 'appen is tha spirits arrange the sticks ta spell "safety" or "peril" or "danger". Jus' give 'em a sec; this one mus' me a tough place ta look into.

~Corvus~
2017-11-16, 03:19 PM
Sammy gives a laugh, finally understanding his vision. It is more than an omen. Beyond success. He gives a chuckle, then a laugh, and continues on for several minutes.

"Fitz, never seen an omen loike tha. Too complicated. We may talk to 'em, eh, but tha answer's na simple. We otta be prepared, eh? Mabbe they don' always be as they seem.`

Sammy, satisfied with his warning to Fitzgerald, begins his shaping for the day. He reaches out to the feelings of the spirits and shapes what he feels he needs. Deception. Magic Jumps. Today, he twists his mouth as his spectral bracers undo themselves and a belt of golden fur laces itself around his waist. The circlet he'd been wearing from before un-forms; it flows over his armour and into a rough-looking garment made of dark brown fur. Sammy moves to get up from his crouch and returns the sticks to Buddy's Satchel; the furs move counter to the wind. They shift and curl as if blown by a different wind.

"Arright, Lead the way moi friend. Buddy an' Oi'll folla."

Fliggl
2017-11-16, 03:49 PM
As long as we're talking nobody dies, right?

Fitzgerald watched Sammys transformation attentively. Interesting! he thought. Too much strange things had happend these days that he would be scared now.

Alright, let's go and see if this is Seracull! he said and started of.

Savarin
2017-11-16, 04:04 PM
As you drew near you see a small camp set up a few feet away from the entrance two men guarding the entrance from anyone looking to enter. Sounds from inside indicating that there are more people inside the ruins.

(What do you do?)

(About noon)

~Corvus~
2017-11-16, 04:48 PM
Sammy will dismount out of sight, urge buddy forward, and wait in the shadows as Fitzgerald approaches.

vs spot: [roll0]

Fliggl
2017-11-16, 11:58 PM
Fitzgerald recognizes the two guards. He had seen them in Alrin.
Greetings! How are you doing?
Don't know if you remember me, my name's Fitzgerald van der Kerkhof. We met at Alrin. he said friendly and nodded over.
Seracull is inside, isn't he?
I really have to talk to him. So please let me in, or tell him, that I have to talk. We can do this outside also. Thank you!

Savarin
2017-11-17, 12:26 PM
I remember you. he motions for you to wait. I’ll go get Seracull. Wait a few moments. shortly he returns with a dusty Seracull and four guards. Two of which had the same color skin as Seracull.

Greetings Fitzgerald. What do I owe the pleasure for seeing you again? He says. As he walks over to a table filled with ancient books with texts on them picking up on and looking at it.

Fliggl
2017-11-17, 01:09 PM
Greetings Seracull! How are you doing? Fitzgerald had so many questions to ask but seeing Seracull with his nose in the books the very next second after his greeting made Fitzgerald a bit angry. But I know how to get him... he thought.

Fitzgerald grabbed into his backpack, took the book with the dark pages and threw it onto Seraculls desk. May I have your attention, please?

Savarin
2017-11-17, 01:19 PM
Slightly startled he looked up. Sorry was just looking for a key...he stopped looking down at the book your threw on the table picking it up he opened the first page with a smile. Then stops. Sorry you were saying? Seracull trying hard not to get back into his research. Clearly it was hard for him. Knowledge meant a lot to him.

Fliggl
2017-11-17, 01:34 PM
what do you know? he pointed at the book.

Savarin
2017-11-17, 01:51 PM
He picked up the book and starting reading. so far it’s mentioning a place called Eolvirs used to contain a shadow lord Zaivven Of Ekrarx . Oooh whats this Ekrarx is a deeper plain inside the plan of shadows. Interesting... he says getting quite reading pages that you were unable to read. A few more minutes after he stopped looking up to you. What did you do Fitzgerald? It says this book was sealed with Zaivven. How did you come to have it?

Fliggl
2017-11-17, 02:20 PM
aaaah... you know, this is a strange story. Where to start... hmm... so. I joined the Valerians to help them defend their borders against Ratascan invaders. We located a group of them near a cave. So we rushed in, ready to fight.
But all we found were corpses. Except of one. He was talking like possesed. Then one of my companios, Sigurd - may Kelemvor watch for his soul, destroyed the black stone where we thought this demon-shadow-thing gains its power from. he had to swallow deep.

But we were proven wrong. So much wrong. Sigurd died instantly. The other Valerian, Roland, got hit by the some dark force. And then it took me. I was gathered by the shadow, got choked and then it was dark.

Fitzgerald had to drink something. Then he continoued And then I woke up. The creeping cold in this cave was gone and I felt strange. I looked at my hands and they blurred. I searched the rest from this cave for a hint, what was going on. And I found this book. Also a ring, an amulet and this stone. he took them out of his backpack and showed them Seracull.

Finally I found out that Zaivven lives inside of me now. And because you are a wise man who knows about this stuff, I'm here to beg you for your help. Please Seracull, help me! I'm afraid! there are at least 1639 grammar and spelling failures inside. Sorry for that. I hope you understand it :/

~Corvus~
2017-11-17, 02:29 PM
Buddy pads into the room, his tongue lolling. Sammy waits outside the door to see what the men do. He keeps watch along the corridor, wary of new sounds.

Hide [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Spot [roll2]

Savarin
2017-11-17, 02:48 PM
Seracull listens to your tale keenly. When you set the objects on the table he casts a quick spell on each. These are some powerful and rare objects. The stone is a very strong type of metal. Obdurium if I remember correctly. The ring is a interesting find. Can negate any fire directed within 5 feet of it. The necklace if placed on a recently dead body consumes them and transforms there body into another random creature bringing them back to life...Fitzgerald I might be able to help you. In the book we might not be able to reseal him again but we can at least draw him out of your body. We will need something to put his form into.. Seracull says puzzled. Reading further into the book. We can return him to the plane of shadows also. It seems like it would put his grip off this world for a few years. Which one would you like to try first Fitzgerald?

He opens another book he had on the table putting the book you gave him next to the the other reading and comparing both to each other.

Fliggl
2017-11-17, 03:09 PM
Fitzgerald asked confused Where's the difference between seal him and put his form into something? Isn't it one and the same?

Fitzgerald kneeled down to the dog and whispered Go and tell Smithers everythings fine. He can come if he wants to.