PDA

View Full Version : Swapping out the Paladin's Fear Immunity?

Tainted_Scholar
2017-10-14, 12:27 PM
Are there any ACFs that replace the Paladin's Aura of Courage in 3.5?

Aresneo
2017-10-14, 12:33 PM
Elves can trade out Aura of Courage for Aura of Freedom (Allies within 30 ft get a +4 morale bonus on saves vs enchantments), Races of the Wild page 155.

The only other replacements I'm aware of are full on alternate classes, mostly from dragon magazine.

Nifft
2017-10-14, 12:36 PM
Do you count variants like Paladin of Freedom as ACFs?

Tainted_Scholar
2017-10-14, 12:39 PM
Do you count variants like Paladin of Freedom as ACFs?

Yes, but there's alot of other baggage that comes along with being a Paladin of Freedom.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-10-14, 02:18 PM
Check out Champions of Valor-- lots of good substitution level type stuff there for different paladin orders. You can take just the one sub level, if I remember the rules correctly.

Golden Cup sub level 3 trades it for the ability to transfer Combat Expertise/defensive fighting bonuses to allies.
Lion Legionnaire sub level 3 trades it for the ability to deal fire damage to anyone attacking you in melee, for 1 min/day.
Wary Swordknight sub level 3 trades it for partial Powerful Build (it hits everything but weapon size), though you have to be a halfling.

Also, Half Orc Paladin sub levels (Races of Destiny) trade the ability to penalize enemy saves against fear instead.

Nifft
2017-10-14, 02:27 PM
Check out Champions of Valor-- lots of good substitution level type stuff there for different paladin orders. You can take just the one sub level, if I remember the rules correctly.

Golden Cup sub level 3 trades it for the ability to transfer Combat Expertise/defensive fighting bonuses to allies.
Lion Legionnaire sub level 3 trades it for the ability to deal fire damage to anyone attacking you in melee, for 1 min/day.
Wary Swordknight sub level 3 trades it for partial Powerful Build (it hits everything but weapon size), though you have to be a halfling.

Also, Half Orc Paladin sub levels (Races of Destiny) trade the ability to penalize enemy saves against fear instead.

Yeah, you can take just one sub level.

I think you got all the ACFs -- I was checking here: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8732

... which provides page numbers, which helps.

Tainted_Scholar
2017-10-14, 02:28 PM

Yeah, you can take just one sub level.

I think you got all the ACFs -- I was checking here: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8732

... which provides page numbers, which helps.

These are both quite helpful, thanks.