PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking about MC combos with Xanathar's subclasses yet?

warsawwombats
2017-10-14, 05:43 PM
I know, I know... the book isn't out yet. Was just wondering if anyone was doing any speculative builds based on the last known UA version of each subclass?

My group is playing ToA and when the book is released, we get a one-time redo of our PCs if we want. Just starting to wrap my head around the mechanical possibilities.

What have you all come up with so far?

Ogre Mage
2017-10-14, 05:59 PM
I am considering a support caster using the Divine Soul X / Life Cleric 1. The cleric level provides armor, better healing and a few extra spells known to give more breathing room with the sorcerer spell selection.

DracoKnight
2017-10-14, 08:58 PM
I have a Hexblade/Shadow Sorcerer in the back of my mind that I want to play. A shadow gish, who focuses on using my sorcerer spell slots for Eldritch Smite, and channeling my Warlock spell slots into sorcery points to keep summoning my Hound of Ill Omen.

jas61292
2017-10-14, 09:02 PM
Its probably a bit dangerous to think too much about multiclassing with these subclasses without seeing their official release. Unearthed Arcana is never made with multiclassing in mind, and very frequently some of the biggest issues with them (and ones they are most likely to change) are that they are too over stuffed at early levels and thus too good for multiclassing. Looking at the UA versions with respect to multiclassing will probably leave you disappointed.

warsawwombats
2017-10-15, 02:01 AM
I don't really have any expectations. I'm just looking for fresh ideas to wrap roleplaying concepts around.

Hrugner
2017-10-15, 02:13 AM
I'm mostly just bracing myself for character updates when the official version of these archetypes are released.

Beechgnome
2017-10-15, 09:34 AM
I was thinking about a strength-based Lizardfolk Scout Rogue with a dash of Ranger (Monster Slayer).

Kill monster with javelins. Harvest monster. Make more javelins. Sit on hot rock. Good day.

mister__joshua
2017-10-15, 09:48 AM
I'm planning on trying a Sorcadin with the Divine Soul sorc. Fits quite well thematically

Naanomi
2017-10-15, 09:52 AM
I was thinking about a strength-based Lizardfolk Scout Rogue with a dash of Ranger (Monster Slayer).

Kill monster with javelins. Harvest monster. Make more javelins. Sit on hot rock. Good day.
If Scout is unchanged from UA; that is a good 11 skill proficiencies!

Beechgnome
2017-10-15, 10:02 AM
If Scout is unchanged from UA; that is a good 11 skill proficiencies!

Yes the survival skill synergy is excellent. And if all else fails, hold my breath.

Arkhios
2017-10-15, 10:19 AM
My OotA Paladin of Kord might like a dip(or more) into Path of the Storm Herald Barbarian. Regardless of his low Dexterity. Due to his heritage Tundra seems the best option.

Yes, yes, barbarian is "bad" for paladin due to the lack of spell slots and being unable to cast or concentrate on spells while raging. But guess what? I don't care! :smallamused:

Ashaman
2017-10-15, 11:26 AM
Arcane Archer with a little bit of Rogue? Yea, I'm liking the feel of that.

Scathain
2017-10-15, 12:49 PM
Arcane Archer with a little bit of Rogue? Yea, I'm liking the feel of that.

Arcane archer with a little bit of wizard sounds fun too. Heck, why not all three?

Protato
2017-10-15, 01:06 PM
Hexblade Fighter seems pretty good, I already have a build planned out for the UA version with revised Invocations, it seems like it'd be fun to play.

Maxilian
2017-10-15, 01:56 PM
Well if Hexblade ends up in Xanathar, then i will make a couple of character with it (most likely combined with Fighter EK)

I also want to combine Fighter 1 with Celestial Warlock (for a tanky warlock).

There are some others that i would want to MC, but may require a couple of lvls (If Primeval Ranger makes it), and some other full class (like Zealot Barbarian, more because of the theme, i may end up MC it, but for the moment, don't have any plan for it)

Thunderbird
2017-10-15, 04:17 PM
I have a Hexblade/Shadow Sorcerer in the back of my mind that I want to play. A shadow gish, who focuses on using my sorcerer spell slots for Eldritch Smite, and channeling my Warlock spell slots into sorcery points to keep summoning my Hound of Ill Omen.

I was about to write the same thing. :smallcool:

DracoKnight
2017-10-15, 04:32 PM
I was about to write the same thing. :smallcool:

They just go together so well :smallbiggrin:

Zene
2017-10-28, 05:42 PM
I know the longbow sniper build I've been wanting to try (Battlemaster 11 / Assassin 3 / Hunter 3) is likely gonna get upgraded from hunter to one of the new ranger subclasses --probably gloom stalker; and possibly from battlemaster to arcane archer.

wilhelmdubdub
2017-10-31, 05:52 PM
Gloom stalker and shadow monk: hunter's mark then flurry of blows from the darkness