PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Druid Animal Companion bonus feat, how many?

citabogue
2017-10-15, 12:45 AM
So I read from the SRD : ''An animal companion gains additional skill points and feats for bonus HD as normal for advancing a monster’s Hit Dice''.

If I am a level 7th druid with a WarBeast FleshRaker, how many bonus feat does my companion get? can i get him Vow of Poverty yet?

Does it get only the 6th level feat for going from level 4 to 6 (meaning the level 1 and 3 feats are already included in their build) or does it also get the level 1 and 3 bonus feats a character would get be leveling?

Eldariel
2017-10-15, 01:39 AM
Fleshraker starts with 2 feats at 4 HD from normal leveling at 1 and 3 HDs (Track and INA: Claw are the stock options, but a lenient DM or Psychic Reformation allows reselecting them). Then the HD increase from +4 level (Fleshraker is -3 to your effective Druid level) gives it 2 more HD putting it at 6 HD. As normal, creatures get a feat at 6 HD. Then Warbeast gives you 1 more HD putting it at 7 HD, which grants nothing special. At 9 HD, it'd get its 4th feat, so that's when you reach +6 Druid level category (level 9, or now with Natural Bond to offset the penalty).

Westhart
2017-10-15, 11:02 AM
The fleshraker is Neutral isn't it?so you do know you have to get the feat that gives you a celestial companion, or at least to the best of my knowledge. Not exactly related to the question but something to keep in mind.

citabogue
2017-10-15, 11:14 AM
Thx for the replies, i will talk with my dm about those 2 options