PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Animate Constructs, a spell replacing wish.

Westhart
2017-10-15, 07:51 AM
Animate Constructs
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4th
Components: V, S, F, M
Casting Time: 6 Hours
Range: Touch
Target: The body to be made into a construct
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
You trace arcane sigils onto the body of the construct you wish to animate, and smile as it slowly hums to life.
When you are creating a construct you may cast this spell instead of wish or limited wish. All other requirements remain the same.

Material: Distilled Alcohol mixed with iron shavings for an iron golem, unholy water for a flesh golem, etc. used to trace arcane sigils on the body as this spell is cast
Focus: The Body of the Construct to be animated.

This spell replaces wish and limited wish for construct creation (For hedge wizards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?539181-Hedge-Mage-(-ry)-Feats&p=22478962#post22478962), campaigns that ban wish but allow construct creation etc).

rferries
2017-10-15, 08:20 AM
Animate Constructs
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4th
Components: V, S, F, M
Casting Time: 6 Hours
Range: Touch
Target: The body to be made into a construct
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No
You trace arcane sigils onto the body of the construct you wish to animate, and smile as it slowly hums to life.
When you are creating a construct you may cast this spell instead of wish or limited wish. All other requirements remain the same.

Material: Distilled Alcohol mixed with iron shavings for an iron golem, unholy water for a flesh golem, etc. used to trace arcane sigils on the body as this spell is cast
Focus: The Body of the Construct to be animated.

This spell replaces wish and limited wish for construct creation (For hedge wizards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?539181-Hedge-Mage-(-ry)-Feats&p=22478962#post22478962), campaigns that ban wish but allow construct creation etc).

Well, not much here, does it need an XP Component?

I think it's fine (and I like that you're fully fleshing out the hedge mages). Constructs need gp/XP anyways to craft, this just saves you a bit.

Westhart
2017-10-15, 08:58 AM
I think it's fine (and I like that you're fully fleshing out the hedge mages). Constructs need gp/XP anyways to craft, this just saves you a bit.

Yeah, the one problem I had with the feats removing limited wish/wish was constructs, thus this :smallbiggrin: