PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quick Path of War Rules Query

Adam500
2017-10-15, 11:45 PM
So the new errata for Path of War makes it clear that every 4 initiator levels you have the option of replacing a maneuver for a higher level one.

I'm playing a Warder (Fiendbound Marauder) going into Mage Hunter. They have completely different discipline lists. If I take a third unrelated class I progress 1IL every two levels, but when I reach an increment of 4 IL from which classes disciplines do I get to select my maneuver? Do I revert to Warder since I'm not taking a level of Mage Hunter, or has Mage Hunter effectively replaced my discipline choices?

exelsisxax
2017-10-16, 06:47 AM
Initiating base classes can retrain maneuvers at 4th level and every even level above, not every 4th.

Prestige initiators DO NOT include this class feature because they add progression to a different class. So, every time you are permitted to retrain a maneuver, you could retrain any from either warder OR mage hunter. The only stipulation is that you must replace the one you retrained with one that the discipline set qualifies you for (in your case, warder must retrain to warder and mage hunter to mage hunter).