PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Revised Incubus/Succubus

rferries
2017-10-16, 08:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zarvTSo.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/H2QymDg.jpg?2

INCUBUSMEDIUM OUTSIDER (Extraplanar, Chaotic, Evil, Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (10 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 deflection), touch 16, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+13
Attack: Unarmed strike +9 melee (1d3+3)
Full Attack: Unarmed strike +9/+4 melee (1d3+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Black magic bargain, charming gaze, dream lover, pleasures of the flesh, sadomasochism, spells
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good or lawful, darkvision 60 ft., incorporeal traits, resistance to acid/cold/fire 10, spell resistance 16, telepathy 100 ft., unearthly grace
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +11
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +16, Disguise +12 (+14 acting), Hide +12, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (religion plus any one) +12, Perform (any one) +12, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +12 (+14 scrolls)
Feats: Ability Focus (charming gaze), Eschew MaterialsB, Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
Organization: Exhibitionist (plus dream lover), couple, threesome, or orgy (4-7 plus charmed mortals)
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 7-18 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: +2

"When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad, I'm better."

Incubi and succubi (referred to hereafter as simply incubi) are lesser demons, above only imps and hell-hounds in rank. Nevertheless they are often the most successful at formenting chaos and corruption in the mortal world, driving their dream lovers to madness and villainy.

Incubi speak Common, Abyssal, Celestial, and Sylvan, and also possess telepathy.

Combat Abilities
When encountered alone, an incubus has no interest in slaying mortals (at least not before their souls have been marked for damnation), and even less interest in risking harm to themselves. They typically attempt to offer black magic bargains or rely on their charming gazes, generally fleeing to the nether planes when confronted with real danger.

However, an incubus is infuriated at attempts to exorcise them from a chosen dream lover and will attempt to slay any "poachers" - or seize them in their former victim's stead.

An incubus's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaos-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Black Magic Bargain (Su)
An incubus may offer black magic bargains (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525121-Black-Magic-Bargain-(spell)) to non-extraplanar creatures at will, as the spell (caster level 6th). They typically culminate their seduction/torment of a dream lover by offering such a bargain.

Charming Gaze (Su)
As charm person, 30 feet, Will DC 18 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based. An incubus must deactivate this ability and rely on Diplomacy (not Bluff or Intimidate) when offering a black magic bargain.

Dream Lover (Su)
An incubus may enter the dreams of a sleeping victim while incorporeal, granting its target an euphoric dream or a monstrous nightmare (DC 31 Will save negates) once each night, as the spells (caster level 6th). After failing the first save against a nightmare, a victim gains an empathic bond with the incubus as though it were the incubus's familiar. Each additional dream or nightmare thereafter deals 1 point of Charisma drain to the victim. The save DC for the nightmare is Charisma-based and includes a +15 bonus for knowing the victim intimately and having it physically present.

A victim warded with protection from evil or similar effects is protected from this attack. Casting dispel chaos/evil, remove curse, or similar spells on a sleeping subject expels the incubus (if present) and deals 1d6 points of Charisma damage to it, as well as breaking the empathic bond and restoring all lost Charisma to the victim.

Pleasures of the Flesh (Su)
An incubus can become corporeal as a free action, and become incorporeal again as a move action. While corporeal, an incubus deals 1d4 points of Charisma damage and fatigues its target on a successful grapple check (a fatigued creature becomes exhausted instead).

Sadomasochism (Su)
While corporeal, an incubus's natural weapons and any weapons it wields gain the merciful quality, vicious quality, or both. It may activate or suppress this effect as a free action. (These effects are not included in the statistics block).

Spells
An incubus casts spells as a 6th-level sorcerer, and can also cast spells from the cleric spell list and the Chaos, Charm, Evil, and Trickery domains. The cleric spells and domain spells are considered arcane spells for an incubus, meaning that the creature does not need a divine focus to cast them.

Typical Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/6/4; save DC 13 + spell level)
0th-cure minor wounds, detect magic, guidance, mage hand, prestidigitation, read magic, resistance
1st-disguise self, mage armour, ray of enfeeblement, shield
2nd-eagle's splendour, glitterdust
3rd-fireball

Unearthly Grace (Su)
An incubus adds its Charisma modifier as a bonus on all its saving throws and as a deflection bonus to its Armour Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses). This deflection bonus overlaps (does not stack) with the deflection bonus the incubus gains while incorporeal.

Westhart
2017-10-16, 09:03 AM
Hmm, mkaes me wonder how possession works with Dvati now...

Looks nice! (Also, I'm not sure if I said so but your black magic bargain is awesome, have a player that is actually basing a character around it for next summer's game I run for my little brother and his friends)

rferries
2017-10-16, 07:48 PM
Hmm, mkaes me wonder how possession works with Dvati now...

Looks nice! (Also, I'm not sure if I said so but your black magic bargain is awesome, have a player that is actually basing a character around it for next summer's game I run for my little brother and his friends)

Huh that's a good point! Magic jar etc will have tricky effects with that race.

Really? Cool! That's very flattering haha. :)

Westhart
2017-10-17, 07:22 AM
Really? Cool! That's very flattering haha. :)

Yeah, your line about the whole perform(blues) He is making a devastating build with my minstrel keyed ff that... Can't remember the character's name, but I think he titles himself "The collector of Souls". I find next summer's game something to look forward to... Although my brother himself seems to try to pull a rediculous optimization only when he plays with me :smallannoyed:.As in he literally tried to bring Pun-Pun to a game...

rferries
2017-10-17, 10:00 AM
Oh ha! Sounds like you'll need to keep an eye on him, make sure he isn't using the wishes to benefit himself :D

Westhart
2017-10-17, 10:05 AM
Oh ha! Sounds like you'll need to keep an eye on him, make sure he isn't using the wishes to benefit himself :D

Well hi backstory so far is that he got one for a bonus to perform (not sure what yet) and he saw the profits behind it, so now goes around offering them. At the very least it'll be interesting.

inoculah
2017-10-22, 12:07 AM
How could i implement this as a player character?

Knitifine
2017-10-22, 02:45 AM
6 HD with +2 LA makes them equivalent to a level 8 character. Though chaotic evil creatures are not appropriate for most games.

rferries
2017-10-22, 06:52 AM
As Knitifine says, the alignment will prove tricky (and even if you choose to play a non-evil Incubus/Succubus, it will retain its alignment subtypes). Plus, most of the abilities will either be very niche or very powerful, depending on your build (especially Pleasures of the Flesh) and campaign, so speak with your DM before playing one (the LA should be bumped up or even down appropriately).

Otherwise, enjoy! Hopefully it's suited for a variety of party roles (arcane caster, scout, combat, party face, or even divine caster).

inoculah
2017-11-11, 11:19 PM
Is there a way i could make it start bout lvl 3? Chaotic evil is fine in our campaign, i planned it. Also may be reading it wrong but, 6d8+18 (45hp) is that ontop of the 45 or ya saying its 45

rferries
2017-11-12, 05:38 AM
Is there a way i could make it start bout lvl 3? Chaotic evil is fine in our campaign, i planned it. Also may be reading it wrong but, 6d8+18 (45hp) is that ontop of the 45 or ya saying its 45

Sure, reduce the racial HD (and spellcasting etc) to 1st level and it will be a 3rd-level character (including the LA). The current hp for an average incubus is 45, though if you reduce the HD that will go down too.

selunesmom
2017-11-18, 12:23 AM
Love your Black Magic bargain and some of the abilities on these demons. I'm working on Statting out a version of Crowley for our rather homebrewed Chronicles of Amber game (Pathfinder is being used for a lot of it.) and this is perfect for him with the conversion to Pathfinder's "no XP costs for spells" system.

rferries
2017-11-18, 06:51 AM
Love your Black Magic bargain and some of the abilities on these demons. I'm working on Statting out a version of Crowley for our rather homebrewed Chronicles of Amber game (Pathfinder is being used for a lot of it.) and this is perfect for him with the conversion to Pathfinder's "no XP costs for spells" system.

I'm glad you like it! :)