PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 3 class and archetype specific Druid items to spice up your treasure!

Machiknight
2017-10-16, 10:51 AM
## Druid
## Seed Pouch of Sprouting
*Wondrous Item, rare, (requires Druid class)

This magical pouch can be opened to pull out a seed of any mundane plant of the Druids native area. Once per day the druid may plant the seed in soil and activate the pouch, causing the seed to rapidly grow to a fully mature and blooming plant. If the plant is not native to the area it withers and decomposes within 10 minutes. If the plant is native to the area it shifts to the state of the current season within 10 minutes.

### Circle of the Land
## Necklace of Natural Endowment
*Wondrous Item, rare, (requires Natural Recovery ability to activate)

This necklace made of various bits of leaves, twigs, and animal bone not only makes the wearer the height of fashion but also helps them understand nature better. The necklace has 3 charges, a charge may be expended to; Gain advantage on a Nature, Survival, or Animal Handling check, or cast the spell Speak to Animals. The necklace regains 1 charge per day.

### Circle of the Moon
## Armor of Anthropomorphization
*Armor (Leather), rare, (requires Combat Wild Shape ability to use)

This leather jerkin magically enhances the wearers AC by +1. If the druid changes shape while wearing this jerkin, the jerkin and all other clothing or accessories the druid wears change shape and size to be worn by whatever form the druid has taken, as if they were created for that form. IN addition the druid can speak and act as if it was in it’s base form.

JNAProductions
2017-10-16, 02:50 PM
## Druid
## Seed Pouch of Sprouting
*Wondrous Item, rare, (requires Druid class)

This magical pouch can be opened to pull out a seed of any mundane plant of the Druids native area. Once per day the druid may plant the seed in soil and activate the pouch, causing the seed to rapidly grow to a fully mature and blooming plant. If the plant is not native to the area it withers and decomposes within 10 minutes. If the plant is native to the area it shifts to the state of the current season within 10 minutes.

### Circle of the Land
## Necklace of Natural Endowment
*Wondrous Item, rare, (requires Natural Recovery ability to activate)

This necklace made of various bits of leaves, twigs, and animal bone not only makes the wearer the height of fashion but also helps them understand nature better. The necklace has 3 charges, a charge may be expended to; Gain advantage on a Nature, Survival, or Animal Handling check, or cast the spell Speak to Animals. The necklace regains 1 charge per day.

### Circle of the Moon
## Armor of Anthropomorphization
*Armor (Leather), rare, (requires Combat Wild Shape ability to use)

This leather jerkin magically enhances the wearers AC by +1. If the druid changes shape while wearing this jerkin, the jerkin and all other clothing or accessories the druid wears change shape and size to be worn by whatever form the druid has taken, as if they were created for that form. IN addition the druid can speak and act as if it was in it’s base form.

The last thing? Gives you natural spell as soon as you get it.

Way too powerful. Way, WAY too powerful.

I'd suggest just taking away speech and the ability to cast spells-it's already pretty nice.

Rest look good, but I might make the necklace regain 1d3 charges per day.

Machiknight
2017-10-16, 05:09 PM

I'd suggest just taking away speech and the ability to cast spells-it's already pretty nice.

Awww dangit, I totally spaced on that. I was going for a "makes you like a disney character" vibe, like the old school robin hood. Hmm Ill have to change that though.

nickl_2000
2017-10-17, 08:24 AM

I disagree, according to JC in the sage advice column, the ability to speak doesn't mean that you can cast spells in Druid form. Basically the way JC described is that a Druid is using their magic to turn into and maintain their wild shape. So, until they are in the epic levels, they don't have the ability to cast new spells.

A simple fix would be to simply state that the magic item doesn't give the Druid the ability to cast spells.

Machiknight
2017-10-17, 09:36 AM
I disagree, according to JC in the sage advice column, the ability to speak doesn't mean that you can cast spells in Druid form. Basically the way JC described is that a Druid is using their magic to turn into and maintain their wild shape. So, until they are in the epic levels, they don't have the ability to cast new spells.

A simple fix would be to simply state that the magic item doesn't give the Druid the ability to cast spells.

Oh man, I need to find that sage advice! Thanks!

nickl_2000
2017-10-17, 02:18 PM
Oh man, I need to find that sage advice! Thanks!

It's on Episode 28 of the DragonTalk podcast

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dragon-talk-an-official-dungeons-dragons-podcast/id189053885?mt=2#

It helped me understand a lot about Wildshaping