PDA

View Full Version : Blade warlock dual wielder?

Spacehamster
2017-10-16, 11:19 AM
Would you as a DM allow a pair of weapons to be the pact weapon if
the player wants to be a dual wielding bladelock? Know I would allow it
as dual wielding is not as good as 2H weapons and not as good on defence
as sword & board.

Jerrykhor
2017-10-16, 11:21 AM
Why not? Blade lock is worst lock anyway, especially without multiclassing, UA, or feats. I'd even consider buffing them severely.

Mikal
2017-10-16, 11:31 AM
Would you as a DM allow a pair of weapons to be the pact weapon if
the player wants to be a dual wielding bladelock? Know I would allow it
as dual wielding is not as good as 2H weapons and not as good on defence
as sword & board.

You have to be careful with it, since lifedrinker damage would also apply to the secondary attack, so that can stack up. I'd lean towards allowing it, though if they want to use improved pact weapon it has to be their main hand only, not both, unless they take the invocation twice.

Spacehamster
2017-10-16, 11:47 AM
You have to be careful with it, since lifedrinker damage would also apply to the secondary attack, so that can stack up. I'd lean towards allowing it, though if they want to use improved pact weapon it has to be their main hand only, not both, unless they take the invocation twice.

Does not really matter that much since better attacks get a bonus attack too, so dual wielding does not even give more attacks than 2H or sword and board(quarterstaff + shield if DM allows). :)
And with the UA improved pact weapon invocation, would anyone take those at all since you are bound to get couple of real magic weapons during your career and the invocation does not add to
an already magic item?

Mikal
2017-10-16, 11:53 AM
Does not really matter that much since better attacks get a bonus attack too, so dual wielding does not even give more attacks than 2H or sword and board(quarterstaff + shield if DM allows). :)
And with the UA improved pact weapon invocation, would anyone take those at all since you are bound to get couple of real magic weapons during your career and the invocation does not add to
an already magic item?

You might at the earlier levels. You qualify for it as soon as you get pact of the blade, plus it allows you to use the weapon as a spell focus. And you can always swap em out after getting the magic weapons.