PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Skill Tricks for Everyone! (Variant Rule)

Westhart
2017-10-16, 12:44 PM
This enables everyone to get at least one skill trick per level. Note: I houseruled so that classes get 2 more skill points per level then normal. If you do not this the variant hurts doesn't benefit casters.

The rule itself is pretty simple, everyone gets a number of bonus skill tricks every level equal to their base skill ranks per level/4. These do not count towards the limit of how many skill tricks you can have.

Note: Due to the lack of a large list I would suggest using homebrew with this so you can get more skill tricks then what was in complete scoundrel (then locked in a chest, sunk, eaten by a whale... which was then detonated... Seems somebody didn't like the skill tricks...)
Some homebrew you could use:
RoC's 40+ Skill tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?171328-40-Skill-Tricks!-peach)

JNAProductions
2017-10-16, 12:52 PM
This enables everyone to get at least one skill trick per level. Note: I houseruled so that classes get 2 more skill points per level then normal. If you do not this the variant hurts casters.

The rule itself is pretty simple, everyone gets a number of bonus skill tricks every level equal to their base skill ranks per level/4. These do not count towards the limit of how many skill tricks you can have.

Note: Due to the lack of a large list I would suggest using homebrew with this so you can get more skill tricks then what was in complete scoundrel (then locked in a chest, sunk, eaten by a whale... which was then detonated... Seems somebody didn't like the skill tricks...)

It also hurts Fighters, and Paladins. They get 2 skill points too.

Edit: More accurately, it doesn't benefit them. It doesn't actually HURT anyone.

Westhart
2017-10-16, 01:03 PM
It also hurts Fighters, and Paladins. They get 2 skill points too.

Edit: More accurately, it doesn't benefit them. It doesn't actually HURT anyone.

Well, yeah that's what I meant... Forgot to look at fighters & paladins (use homebrew for those in my games most the time). I would suggest increasing all skill points for classes by 2 anyhow, or you could consolidate them... hmm... Can't think of a way besides the mentioned skill point bonus for paladins/fighters to get the benefits as well...