PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What path can I follow to make my character a deity?

Savaroth
2017-10-16, 03:39 PM
I was reading the Book of Exalted Deeds, and when I was looking at rules for Sainthood, it said very few characters become deities. How would I do that? So far I am going for a blind, lawful-good Cleric, to reach Sainthood at level 6, and to become an Apostle of Peace (prestige class). Any advice for becoming a deity?

noob
2017-10-16, 03:51 PM
The only way to become a deity is to convince your gm to make you become one and when that happens it is likely your whole team will become deities.(and it is likely to happen only after gm approval and after level 20)
Then instead of punching goblins you will punch godlins and so on(instead of fighting regular stuff you will fight gods or giant swarms of outsiders).
Once you have convinced the gm to make your team gods you will just have to do the things the gm asks you to do in order to become gods(like killing a god or just mind controlling every creature in the whole multiverse or whatever silly thing the gm wants you to do for becoming gods).

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-10-16, 03:58 PM
there is an epic feat you can take at level 21 to become a demigod, I will link it tomorrow if I will have good internet connection.

Most of the time you need to let the GM know you are trying to become one and you need gain followers.

Thurbane
2017-10-16, 04:12 PM
There's an Epic Destiny feat: Demigod (https://web.archive.org/web/20100916093852/http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20080428), that supposedly does this (although it doesn't appear to grant any divine ranks?). You'll need to be 30th level to get all of the benefits.

noob
2017-10-16, 04:33 PM
Well epic destinies are 3.5 and so override the rules from deities and demigods saying that the players access divinity only if the gm wants.
Anyway the epic destiny you quoted gives divinity only when you complete a destiny quest which is made by the gm.
So the whole "you ascend only if the gm wants" stays since you need to be given a quest that can be done.