PDA

View Full Version : War Magic (Wizard)

Garfunion
2017-10-16, 05:57 PM
Who needs the Sorcerer class anyway?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=w-riMfi8eio

It seems the Sorcerer is losing more of its thematic shtick. Might as well turn metamagic into a spell or feat.

Puh Laden
2017-10-16, 07:42 PM
I like that they're tying in arcane deflection into power surge -- making it more desirable for the war wizard to actually be on the front lines instead of just taking the goodies of bonuses to AC and saving throws and hanging back.

I don't understand how it's infringing on a sorcerer theme though? Some similar-ish mechanics, sure but there isn't currently a war-themed sorcerer.

jas61292
2017-10-16, 07:57 PM
I like that they're tying in arcane deflection into power surge -- making it more desirable for the war wizard to actually be on the front lines instead of just taking the goodies of bonuses to AC and saving throws and hanging back.

I don't understand how it's infringing on a sorcerer theme though? Some similar-ish mechanics, sure but there isn't currently a war-themed sorcerer.

I think the issue for some people is that they see sorcerers as blasters, even though the mechanics don't really point them in that direction any more than any other direction.