PDA

View Full Version : OOTS on Hiatus for Re-tooling?

FoE
2007-08-16, 12:28 AM
So, is Strip #481 the last strip in the Azure City story arc?

I remember Rich saying he was going to take a hiatus after the end of the current story arc, and the comic hasn't updated for a while. I also remember someone on these boards —*I'm sorry, I don't remember who — theorizing that the arc would end around Strip #480, because that would correspond with the number of strips in "Paladin Blues."

Also, the current strip is a pretty delicious cliffhanger, and if this were my continuing story, this would be the type of ending I would close with before taking a break.

So … we done?

Corwin Weber
2007-08-16, 12:29 AM
Too many loose ends, and it doesn't have a splash page in it.

I think we're winding down, but we're not quite there yet.

Krytha
2007-08-16, 12:30 AM
Hrmm I don't think so. His endings are usually a bit flashier. While it is possible for Elan to turn around and be like... what's going on? its not really the end of a story arc if it's just everything left hanging... is it?

StickMan
2007-08-16, 12:32 AM
My money is on Rich's sickness has acted up the last week and he is not pushing him self, which is smart as when he feels better we can get a grand finish.

Charity322
2007-08-16, 12:34 AM
He said he would definitely tell us when the break was happening.

I don't think the story arc is finished until Belkar and Haley escape/are captured somehow.

Ithekro
2007-08-16, 12:50 AM
That or #482 is long and the ending, thus taking time to get just right.

maitreyi
2007-08-16, 03:54 AM
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!

It can't end like this! I need closure and I can't wait weeks.:smallfurious:

Wolfman42666
2007-08-16, 04:10 AM
Not to rain on anyones parade, but I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed by the rules so y'know.

bung_ho
2007-08-16, 08:27 AM
Wait, what rule is it against?

(curious lurker)

SteveMB
2007-08-16, 08:46 AM
Wait, what rule is it against?

(curious lurker)

Speculations and complaints about late strips are against the forum rules (it tends to incite flame wars). I don't think the initial inquiry (whether #481 is intended to be the last strip before Rich's announced hiatus) is quite the same thing, though.

I'm pretty sure that if this were the end of the story arc, there'd be a splash panel.

Joracy
2007-08-16, 10:55 AM
I would have agreed but I think he would be make it clear(A goodbye post or something) not just left.

SweetBB
2007-08-16, 11:19 AM
I would have agreed but I think he would be make it clear(A goodbye post or something) not just left.

Agreed. Even if Rich decided not to give us an ending splash panel this time, and end this story arc with cliff hangers and loose threads hanging all over the place, I am certain he wouldn't just leave for his hiatus without giving us the heads up.

Lord Herman
2007-08-16, 11:22 AM
In this news post (http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#yOSODsgTNhjraLs4GSe), Rich stated that when he goes on hiatus, he'll tell us for how long that will be. Since he hasn't yet told us how long his hiatus will be, he cannot be on hiatus yet. QED.

Robert Paulson
2007-08-16, 11:23 AM
Not to rain on anyones parade, but I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed by the rules so y'know.

Oh my. Gold star for you! I hope you are available later to identify any other minor "rules" infractions, Tri Lamb. :smallannoyed:

FoE
2007-08-16, 01:23 PM
Oh my. Gold star for you! I hope you are available later to identify any other minor "rules" infractions, Tri Lamb. :smallannoyed:

Easy there, Icarus. You're flying too close to the sun, and the flames might burn your wings off.

Acyberexile
2007-08-16, 01:44 PM
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!

It can't end like this! I need closure and I can't wait weeks.:smallfurious:

Hehe, somehow I can't take my eyes off your peaceful white avatar and convince myself that you are actually angry :D

But anyway, I agree with you. It needs a closure. Plus, the first Xykon arc didn't have a splash page in the end did it? Only a photo of the order standing, if I recall it correctly. Nevertheless, I think this arc will end with a splash page though, probably a view of the Azure City ruins with someone vowing revenge.

Robert Paulson
2007-08-16, 01:52 PM
Easy there, Icarus. You're flying too close to the sun, and the flames might burn your wings off.

Still, the view is better for a short while. :smallsmile:

FoE
2007-08-16, 02:14 PM
His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Belkar Rocks
2007-08-16, 02:23 PM
His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.Isn't that an old folk song from like the 1950's?

FoE
2007-08-16, 02:31 PM
I'm referencing a movie, and I'll give you a hint to what it is: according to the rules, we're not supposed to talk about it.

BobTheDog
2007-08-16, 05:09 PM
I'm referencing a movie, and I'll give you a hint to what it is: according to the rules, we're not supposed to talk about it.

Actually, his name WAS Robert Paulson...

And you just broke the first two rules... Not that there's any punishment presumed in the rules or something...

explanetpluto
2007-08-16, 05:24 PM
Rich would definitely tell us if he were taking a break.

Talya
2007-08-16, 05:29 PM

Ain't no doubt about it, we were doubly blessed.

SteveMB
2007-08-16, 05:33 PM
Hehe, somehow I can't take my eyes off your peaceful white avatar and convince myself that you are actually angry :D

But anyway, I agree with you. It needs a closure. Plus, the first Xykon arc didn't have a splash page in the end did it? Only a photo of the order standing, if I recall it correctly.

It also had an explicit statement (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0120.html) that they were posing "for the end of the trade paperback".