PDA

View Full Version : The great tools of the dwarves

markyboy156
2017-10-17, 06:26 PM
hi all

does anybody have full information on the following legendary items the five tools of the dwarves the dwarven brutal pick/
axe of the dwarvish lords
earthheart forge
anvil of songs
the shaping hammer
whelm the axe

and full list of abilities for each item thanks

afroakuma
2017-10-17, 09:17 PM
axe of the dwarvish lords

Right here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/artifacts.htm#axeoftheDwarvishLords)

brutal pick
earthheart forge
anvil of songs
the shaping hammer

These were never given rules in 3.X that I have been able to find. The Brutal Pick was able to rapidly excavate earth, the Earthheart Forge could destroy magical items and melt most substances (other than artifacts), the Anvil of Songs allowed craftsmen to create masterwork items and could be used alongside a magical hammer to smash magical items (excluding artifacts), and the Shaping Hammer was a +3 weapon that could resize and reformat itself into any type of hammer and reshape or destroy stone.

whelm the axe

Whelm is a warhammer, not an axe. Its powers in 3.X are formatted using the rules from Weapons of Legacy, and summarized as follows:

Starting its existence as a +1 warhammer, it upgrades to a +1 giant bane warhammer at 6th level, a +1 giant & goblin bane warhammer at 11th level, and then increasing in potency to +2 at level 13 and +3 at level 16. Its initial special ability at level 5 is "Sense Giants", which functions as a permanent Detect Evil spell that detects giant-type creatures within 60 feet. At 8th level, it can cast Locate Objects 3/day, and gains "Sense Goblinoids", which is just like "Sense Giants", but for goblin-kin. Finally, at 10th level, it becomes a sentient item with a 60ft sensory range (hearing and darkvision), Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 10, and Ego 14, increasing to 15 at 14th level and to 16 at 16th level.

Thurbane
2017-10-17, 10:36 PM
Full 3.5 stats for Whlem (as summarized above) can be found in the 3.5 version of White Plume Mountain adventure. It was available free online at one point, but now I believe you'd need to buy a digital copy: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/170094/White-Plume-Mountain-Revised-35

It really annoys me that the once free adventures on the WotC website are now paid content. :smallmad: