PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Undead parasitic dinosaurs(because my chronic nightmares are good homebrew fuel)

Aniikinis
2017-10-18, 10:13 AM
Based off of a nightmare I had a few nights ago.

Necroscales

Necroscales are strange undead monstrosities. Originally "grown" in small vats, the parasitic larval stage is implanted into the body of a humanoid where over the course of a week the creature saps the host's life force, slowly killing it. Once the host is dead the larval creature then goes into a metamorphic stage, growing into their true form and removing/replacing sections of the host's body that they will be using for their purposes. Once the metamorphosis is complete, the larval stage is still accessible through the victim's chest as a steadily beating heart-like structure with the necroscale's limbs, neck, head, and other bits sticking through the flesh of the host's body or completely replacing them.

Necroscales resemble dinosaurs made of rotting flesh and bone that have grown from inside a humanoid's body, as evident by the mutilated corpse that makes up their midsection.

Necroscale Pterosaur
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 4d12 (26)
Initiative:+7
Speed: 15 ft., 40 ft fly(clumsy)
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +3 Natural, -1 Size), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+5
Attack: Bite +5 (1d8+2) or Claw +5 (1d4+1)
Full Attack: Bite +5 (1d8+2) and 2 Claws +0 (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./ 5 ft.
Special Qualities: Mindless, Undead Traits, Weak Core
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con -, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +10, Spot +8, Listen +8, Tumble +10
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative
Environment: Any
Organization: Single or Flock (2-10)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Incidental
Alignment: True Neutral
Level Adjustment: -
Advancement: 5-10 (Large), 11+ (Huge)

You see before you what looks to be a horrific bastardization of a pterosaur-like creature that grew from the body of what looks to be either a pregnant woman or a very fat man, it's hard to tell from the state of decomposition. The skin covering its' head clings in mottled patches, it's wings looks like tanned leather stretched over splintered bone, and it's legs look barely strong enough to hold it up right. The neck, wings, and legs appear to grow from where the victim's would have been if they hadn't been horrifically severed. The tail appears to have grown from a small hole brutally ripped through the back of the victim. The beast opens its' mouth and lets loose a terrible scream as the stench of decay washes over you.

Weak Core (Ex): Necroscale pterosaurs are not immune to critical attacks or precision damage and all such damage deals twice as much damage as it would normally do.

daremetoidareyo
2017-10-18, 01:35 PM
Quick question, speak from the dinosaur, what did the dinosaur want?

dragonjek
2017-10-18, 06:18 PM
Sweet idea. Perfectly disturbing.

Reminds me a bit of an idea for a parasitic ooze that dissolved the flesh of dragons from the inside, then fossilized and possessed their bones so you got slime-covered dino-fossils that ate just about any living creature, which was then dissolved in its "stomach", fossilized, and possessed by its young until they were old and strong enough to go after other dragons.

Aniikinis
2017-10-18, 08:34 PM
Quick question, speak from the dinosaur, what did the dinosaur want?

Silent Hill meets Jurassic Park

Sweet idea. Perfectly disturbing.

Reminds me a bit of an idea for a parasitic ooze that dissolved the flesh of dragons from the inside, then fossilized and possessed their bones so you got slime-covered dino-fossils that ate just about any living creature, which was then dissolved in its "stomach", fossilized, and possessed by its young until they were old and strong enough to go after other dragons.

That's horrifying, I love it

Morphic tide
2017-10-20, 06:06 PM
That's horrifying, I love it

Dude, that's just a Skitterhaunt wannabe. Imagine a spider the size of that Ancient Great Wyrm skeleton, but every crack in its body oozes with green, acidic slime that seeps into other invertebrates and makes them also ooze with green, acidic slime. And when you put down the dragon-sized spider, you still have the massive amount of acidic ooze to deal with.

VoodooPaladin
2017-10-20, 11:16 PM
Your nightmares are badass, sir.

enderlord99
2017-10-21, 12:03 AM
While it's not directly relevant, I am reminded of something (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?97899-Vote-Up-A-Villain-IV!-Voting-Closed-Villain-Complete!-(3-5)/page10&p=5407303#post5407303).