PDA

View Full Version : V's Mate: A New Possibility!?

Jukashi
2007-08-16, 04:35 AM
Hmm... (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=070816)

Intruiging..

Ithekro
2007-08-16, 04:41 AM
Heh. I was wondering how long before someone would mention that.

VanBuren
2007-08-16, 04:43 AM
Ah, intergraphical marriages always make me tear up. We've come a long way socially, to the point where that is acceptable.

Lissou
2007-08-16, 05:01 AM
No, no, V's mate obviously is the MitD! That solves 2 great questions at once, too...

Nathander
2007-08-16, 09:17 AM
No, no, V's mate obviously is the MitD! That solves 2 great questions at once, too...

As horrific as it is, that was exactly what I was thinking when I came into this thread...

Wolfman42666
2007-08-16, 10:30 AM
That needs to go in the house of Horrors thread, I mean a stick figure and a sprite :smalleek: *shudders*

Tenebrous
2007-08-16, 10:35 AM
Just the thought of the possible offspring scares the hell out of me...

hanzo66
2007-08-16, 11:26 AM
From the comic it seems that Thief has an ultimate and horrific plan for Vaarsuvius...

2007-08-16, 01:19 PM
From the comic it seems that Thief has an ultimate and horrific plan for Vaarsuvius...

No, his horrific plan is for the other Light Warriors. Thats why he didn't tell them he was married.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-16, 01:50 PM
I'm totally in favour of the MitD being both an extremely drunk Thief and V's Mate. I'm gonna make a fanfic of this, totally. V/Drunk-Thief ftw.

Acyberexile
2007-08-16, 01:52 PM

And it would be the greatest plot-twist this webcomic... hell, any webcomic ever had!

Madalin
2007-08-16, 02:49 PM
Well, not anymore, now that it's been predicted. :smalltongue:

Green Bean
2007-08-16, 04:47 PM
Nah, everyone knows that there's only one option for V's mate. There's only one other main character who's more than a century old and of ambiguous gender.

:sabine:

VanBuren
2007-08-16, 04:53 PM
Nah, everyone knows that there's only one option for V's mate. There's only one other main character who's more than a century old and of ambiguous gender.

Objection!

True, that's certainly a possibility, but you can't deny the other character that fits the same criteria!

(Hmmmm... I need to show the other person who fits those requirements. If I get this right, I could turn this whole thing around, but if I get it wrong, it's all over...)

Your Honor, the other character is...

The Snarl!

GymGeekAus
2007-08-16, 08:17 PM
Rest assured the elves will tell us eventually.

Like in a hundred years.

MReav
2007-08-16, 08:42 PM
V hasn't been alive for a couple of centuries.

Though I wouldn't necessarily put it past Thief to be a polygamist, if only to increase the number of people he can blackmail.

Demented
2007-08-16, 10:16 PM
Usually, being married means you get blackmailed... Not the other way around.

Deatheater
2007-08-16, 11:39 PM
I hope one day we see V's gender ambiguous mate...and all their gender ambibuous kiddies....:smallbiggrin:

Maybe there's a whole clan of gender ambiguous elves(well, to non-elves) who are genetically pre-disposed to the mastery of the arcane. If so, I bet no one bothers them.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-17, 02:58 AM
hang about according to wikipedia (because I can't afford the shipping cost)
origin's of pc's says V's parents were rangers, so there can't be a whole clan of them (right?:smalleek:)

2007-08-17, 02:03 PM

Uh... succubi are female.

They can shapeshift to look male, but their natural form is female.

Deatheater
2007-08-18, 02:42 PM
hang about according to wikipedia (because I can't afford the shipping cost)
origin's of pc's says V's parents were rangers, so there can't be a whole clan of them (right?:smalleek:)

I guess you're right. It's been ages since I've read Origin,-- I forgot that bit.

But it's fun to imagine...:smallsmile:

Ettlesby
2007-08-18, 05:34 PM
Usually, being married means you get blackmailed... Not the other way around.

Them elves turn everything around, you know.

Gaelbert
2007-08-18, 05:41 PM
V is married to Haley. They're about the same age, becauase of Haley's half-dragon blood. What Haley was going to say in the restaurant during the cryptospeak was that Haley was married. And Haley is a guy, whilst V is a girl.:smallbiggrin:

Jaguira
2007-08-21, 09:37 PM
I still say V's mate is:
Aarindarius, the elf who first introduced her to magic. Just as ambigously-gendered as V is!

TheOtherMC
2007-08-21, 09:59 PM
Objection!

True, that's certainly a possibility, but you can't deny the other character that fits the same criteria!

(Hmmmm... I need to show the other person who fits those requirements. If I get this right, I could turn this whole thing around, but if I get it wrong, it's all over...)

Your Honor, the other character is...

The Snarl!

Must......resist......urge.....to......rebuttle... ....as......Edgeworth.......

EDIT:

@ Jaguira
Completly second that theory.

BardicLasher
2007-08-21, 11:53 PM
Hmm... (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=070816)

Intruiging..

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I read that comic. XD

And remember that 8-Bit and OotS don't necesarrily take place in the same year. The light warrios could be traveling 200 years AFTER OotS takes place.

dragoncmd
2007-08-22, 12:23 AM
Just the thought of the possible offspring scares the hell out of me...

Due to a freak accident with a time warp and a contraceptive, Their son is actually Mr. Game And Watch.

VanBuren
2007-08-22, 12:57 AM
Must......resist......urge.....to......rebuttle... ....as......Edgeworth.......

EDIT:

@ Jaguira
Completly second that theory.

What's the matter? No objections from the prosecution? :P

The Extinguisher
2007-08-22, 02:27 AM
Due to a freak accident with a time warp and a contraceptive, Their son is actually Mr. Game And Watch.

Time traveling condoms?
I can't imagine what possible marketing that comes with.

Elandegenerate
2007-08-22, 03:49 AM
eh, well, my serious logic kinda pwns all the illogic

because its obvious from Var's obsession with logic, power, and archane might and intellectual might that V could only be happy with someone who was simular, someone who could laugh at jokes involving the same rules lawyering and logic. Same appreciation for morality, ect ect...

V's stuborness in this is like a wall of force that even the funniest coment just bounces off. and thus all even vaguely seriouis coments are for naught.

my guess from V's personality is likely that of a rival. I think V could only become so enamored with a person who he/she truly respected. Even V's best friend, Haley (who V no doupts respects because of A)her skill B) her ability to think wittingly from good perspectives and C) her "honesty" about flaws she is open with) would be hard pressed to seduce V. It would seem to me that only one who matched V's skill in mage school, risked decrowning V as "most skilled student" (maybe even actually decrowning Var); and showed V that there was someone who was truely skilled and intelligent enough for V to was his/her time with (though an elf's life is long, a Wizard's life is always to short).

I further think that it would make sense, cus we all have our weaknesses. and a rival, having so broken down the walls that seperate V from the rest of the world, might actually, and finally stur the passions between the passionless wizard.

VanBuren
2007-08-22, 03:10 PM

It's like Zaphod the first all over again, isn't it?

Chronos
2007-08-22, 07:59 PM
Zaphod the zeroth!