PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Starfinder] Fate of various Deities and Demigods

Xuldarinar
2017-10-19, 02:42 AM
Starfinder has been out for a little bit and I thought it worth prompting discussion about deities.

A handful, we know what they are now and most logically would remain unchanged. Two come to my mind though that would be different if present at all, but I more than welcome people bring them up.

Nocticula: If memory serves anyways, towards the end of a campaign or it is at least described as something to happen after, she ascends to godhood as a CN goddess of Midnight, Artists,
Outcasts, ect. So, would it be safe to say this happened thousands of years prior to starfinder's events?

Rovagug: The beast locked in the cage, but nobody knows where that cage even is anymore. Do you suppose he still has followers? Is the cage even in existence anymore or did someone find a way to handle that problem? I for one think Asmodeus might of had some involvement, just because he has the key. Either take your tool and hide it, hide the thing that people are after, or.. Someone decided to take that weapon out of his hands.

legomaster00156
2017-10-19, 09:03 AM
A lot of this is very dependent on the story the GM wants to tell. Things like this are often left deliberately vague. I think it's safe to say that 90% of deities are still kicking in one form or another, but they are mostly forgotten, worshiped by maybe 0.0000001% of creatures.

Psyren
2017-10-19, 11:05 PM
Those questions (particularly the Rovagug one, since it concerns the fate and whereabouts of Golarion itself) relate to the Gap, and the gods are being very tight-lipped about those events.

About Golarion, only three things are known (SF-CRB 425):

(1) It still exists out there somewhere.
(2) The descendants of those who lived there also still exist. (Note that many of the races that lived there, e.g. elves and dwarves etc., are actually found in Starfinder too - just not usually as PCs.)
(3) It and its inhabitants are unreachable by magic or science.

The duration of the Gap itself is also vague. Per the CRB, various magical and scientific techniques (e.g. carbon-dating) suggest it lasted for centuries or even millennia, but the Gap also appears to have distorted time itself in some way due to (possibly) being connected to the Drift. So the stuff that came from before it may simply seem to be older than they truly are, or we could have merged with another timeline/reality, or literally any hook your GM prefers to latch onto.

If the gods (or similar entities) know any more than that, they aren't talking about it.

Archpaladin Zousha
2017-10-30, 08:34 AM
Given the Corebook hasn’t mentioned Nocticula, I think it’s safe to say she’s still working on that project of hers and it hasn’t come to fruition yet.

On the other hand, the Empyreal Lord Arshea has graduated to full minor deity status! Good for them! :smallsmile:

I’m really digging some of the new deities like Triune, Hylax and Yaraesa, too!