PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dragon Disciple build player help Ecl 7

Nosta
2017-10-19, 09:48 AM
Ok so I really want to play a Natural attacker and I have my heart set on D.D
My question is what's the best build for a melee based D.D

I was thinking something like BloodRager 5 / D.D 2

Or Scaled Fist unmonk (4) / Sorcerer (1) D.D (2)

For the second one I was thinking of using dragon style and feral combat training

But the bloodrager looks tempting to. Cause I like the idea of the bloodrager

But then there's the unmonk scaled fist giving me my Cha to my Ac

nmitchell2
2017-12-02, 03:23 AM
The best race for natural attack builds is Ragebred Skinwalker hands down, it gives you a Gore primary attack and two Hoof secondary attacks. Unfortunately that comes with a -2 to Charisma so it comes with a bit of anti-synergy with the usual suspects to enter Dragon Disciple (Bard and Sorcerer). If your DM is open to two small homebrew changes then we can work with this.

Your level progression is going to look like this; Magus 4 > Sorcerer 1 > Dragon Disciple 8 > Magus X. Weird I know, let me explain in full.

So to start, the 4 levels in Magus with the Kensai archetype, giving you Int to AC and Weapon Focus with a chosen weapon. Normally the Kensai archetype makes you choose a martial or exotic weapon to become proficient in and forces you to take Weapon Focus with that weapon, if your DM will allow you to choose your Gore attack with Weapon Focus then do so.

Next you dip one level of Crossblooded Sorcerer; taking the Draconic (duh) and Sage bloodlines. Sage is a Wildblooded variant of the Arcane Bloodline that replaces your Cha dependency with Int dependency and your 1st level Bloodline Power with a weak-ass ability. Normally you can't take Wildblooded bloodlines with the Crossblooded archetype, if your DM won't lift this restriction then the entire build is kinda screwed. Crossblooded let's you choose your Bloodline Powers, you're going to want to take from the Draconic Bloodline exclusively.

Now you're able to enter Dragon Disciple, progressing your Magus spellcasting and your Sorcerer bloodline simultaneously. Taking the Magical Knack trait will restore the 2 spellcasting levels you lose from the 8 levels of Dragon Disciple you took. If you're using Spell Combat, you need to keep a hand free to cast the spell so you only get one Claws attack during that attack routine, but Spell Strike with Frostbite or Chill Touch works amazingly well because you can deliver multiple charges per turn with all your attacks.