View Full Version : Non-meta spell list's

Throne12
2017-10-19, 02:14 PM
There are spells that every character picked because they are just that good. Like fireball, counterspell, cure wounds,ect,ect.

So what are some spell list y'all have put together and what that spell list.

RickAsWritten
2017-10-19, 02:17 PM
There are spells that every character picked because they are just that good. Like fireball, counterspell, Healing Word,ect,ect.

So what are some spell list y'all have put together and what that spell list.

FTFY. I almost never pick Cure Wounds on a Cleric. Range and Bonus Action is superior.

Throne12
2017-10-19, 02:26 PM
FTFY. I almost never pick Cure Wounds on a Cleric. Range and Bonus Action is superior.

I always pick healing word over cure wounds as well. But I just thought people pick the higher healing.

Slipperychicken
2017-10-19, 03:22 PM
Do you want us to make non-meta spell lists, or give you spell lists we've made so you know what the meta is?

I always pick healing word over cure wounds as well. But I just thought people pick the higher healing.

My life clerics get it for free in their domain, so they end up casting it outside combat. Otherwise, I'd never bother preparing it. It's 2 points of healing higher, but you have to get in close and spend an action. It just isn't worth a preparation slot when healing word is available.

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-19, 04:02 PM
Do you want us to make non-meta spell lists, or give you spell lists we've made so you know what the meta is?

My life clerics get it for free in their domain, so they end up casting it outside combat. Otherwise, I'd never bother preparing it. It's 2 points of healing higher, but you have to get in close and spend an action. It just isn't worth a preparation slot when healing word is available.

Being a nublet Cleric prepping for his first game, I wrote down Cure Wounds. I realized this folly before the campaign begins, so I can swap it out for Healing Word. The other guys can use HD ro regain stuff if they want it.

..and now I kinda wanna roll up a Paladin/Bard for the hell of it..