PDA

View Full Version : How long can roy remain dead?

Robert Paulson
2007-08-16, 08:11 AM
Just a noob question. Sorry.

I don't know how long a PC can remain dead before they can't be resurrected anymore. I mean, it seems like he's been dead a very, very long time. Maybe that's just in Earth days though... Roy's been dead for a lot of Earth days.

Cheers!

Rare Pink Leech
2007-08-16, 08:29 AM
I don't remember the specifics, but spells like raise dead can bring somebody back to life up to one day per caster level after death, and resurrection can bring somebody back to life one year per caster level after death. There's still time to bring Roy back.

While you're right that Roy's been dead for a while in real time (it's been what, two months?), in the comic he's probably been dead for only a few hours now.

factotum
2007-08-16, 09:16 AM
It's definitely only a few hours--we're still in the same day that he died in. In any case, even if they were to get him to Durkon right now, he wouldn't be able to do anything because he doesn't have Raise Dead prepared (he said so in the strip after Roy died)--at the very soonest Roy won't be resurrected until the morning.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-16, 09:33 AM
Roy can stay dead for about two weeks story time, but how long that is in real-time is hard to say. As has been mentioned before, strips 418-present are all ONE day.

There are several problems to overcome before Roy can be rezzed, though...

A city filled with hobgoblins...
A boat that has left the dock...
No communications between Haley and the boat...

Once Rich is back up to snuff with his health, expect a flood of strips.