PDA

View Full Version : I made a free inventory management app for Android & iOS - Encumbrance for D&D!

seal
2017-10-19, 11:31 PM
Hey y'all! First post, long time lurker.

I just published my first app to the Play Store & Appstore, Encumbrance for D&D! It currently features multiple inventories, a preset list of common items pulled straight from the SRD, and custom theming. I made this for fun, but I hope it proves useful to others.

Unfortunately, I don't have 10 posts yet... but if you search "Encumbrance for D&D" you'll find it pretty easy!

Check it out if ya feel like it. Let me know if you find it useful, have any suggestions, or find any bugs!

Goodkill
2017-10-21, 09:18 PM
ha i'm in the middle of debugging my game's inventory. not hard but i suck at coding so it's taking a bit.

your app sounds pretty nifty - one of the first magic items my party purchased was a bag of holding so we didn't have to worry about inventory management as much.

seal
2017-10-23, 05:08 PM
Hey thanks for checking it out! Yeah a lot of folks seem keen on me implementing a volume threshold to match the Bag of Holding, but I don't have plans for this in the near future. My first goal is to get group interactions working, then we'll see.

JNAProductions
2017-10-23, 08:11 PM
People track encumbrance in D&D? News to me. :P

I haven't checked out the app, but sounds neat. Not something I'd personally use, but it's cool!

seal
2017-10-24, 11:26 AM
Haha thats a big piece of what my goal was. This makes it not a pain to track! It's a fun mechanic to role playing that I feel often gets overlooked out of the frustration of keeping track. Thats where the app steps in!

Long term goals for this are to allow trading, pickpocketing, and DM management of party inventories.

I hope you at least try it out for holding your items! You don't have to use the encumbrance setting - just create an inventory without the weight input!