PDA

View Full Version : Last Dragon OotS

ALOR
2007-08-16, 08:45 AM
To the Giant:

Without giving anything away on the plot I just wanted to say that the last three strips of Oots in Dragon were very well done. I absolutly loved the last line of the last strip. I have always been a fan of Dragon but never subscribed until Oots was added to the Dragon comic roster.

Again well done sir
Jess

yoshi927
2007-08-16, 09:03 AM
Wow, do you know how lame it was to say something like that to people who are never going to get the chance to read it? :smallmad: :smalltongue:

SteveMB
2007-08-16, 09:08 AM
Wow, do you know how lame it was to say something like that to people who are never going to get the chance to read it? :smallmad: :smalltongue:

Well, I take the Giant at his word that he'll figure out something for getting them into a reprint compilation (now that there aren't going to be enough of them to form a whole volume by themselves).

ALOR
2007-08-16, 09:16 AM

my apologies :smallwink:

I don't want to spoil it for everyone on here, plus i'm not sure how much the Giant wants people to know about the strips in dragon or if he really wants us posting about it on his website. But, I did want to thank him for the well done conclusion

NerfTW
2007-08-16, 10:28 AM
He's probably either going to release a really small and cheap compilation, or stick them into another compilation. I think he said he still had two "prequel" books being written. But even if it's just one, he could likely stick them at the end of it.

squidthingy
2007-08-16, 10:35 AM
I don't want to spoil it for everyone

All you have to do is put "spoiler" in the thread title or use a spoiler box (text goes here) and you can reveal anything you want without feeling bad because of the warning

EvilElitest
2007-08-16, 12:16 PM
Awwwwww, my dragon mag hasn't arrived yet
from,
EE

malakim2099
2007-08-16, 12:49 PM
Just read it, and it was a blast. The cameos were awesome, too.

And after looking at the first Dragon mag... it's amazing how close the Last Dragon was to it. I hadn't noticed that before! :smallbiggrin:

ALOR
2007-08-16, 12:57 PM
Just read it, and it was a blast. The cameos were awesome, too.

And after looking at the first Dragon mag... it's amazing how close the Last Dragon was to it. I hadn't noticed that before! :smallbiggrin:

i also noticed that, pretty much spot on

sithbunny
2007-08-31, 12:45 PM
So, who is all the parady characters?

I figured out the Knights of the Dinner table characters and Wormy, but didn't get the others. Like the redhead and the guy with the hat.

Anyone else figure it out?

Porthos
2007-08-31, 01:33 PM
So, who is all the parady characters?

I figured out the Knights of the Dinner table characters and Wormy, but didn't get the others. Like the redhead and the guy with the hat.

Anyone else figure it out?

The Redhead and The Guy With The Hat are Phil and Dixie from What's New (http://www.studiofoglio.com/growf.html). IMO, they happen to be icons of Dragon. Heck, if you turned the page in the magazine, you would have seen their return to Dragon for a Special Last Comic. :smallwink:

The Long Haired Guy In Brown With a Leather Hat That Cover His Ears is the famous Fineous Fingers, which in many ways was a 1st Edition version of the OotS (especially the early strips of the OotS). No handy weblink, sorry.

The Woman With The Sword And The Shield and The Weird Looking Dude With The Long Snout are Telerie and Snarf from SnarfQuest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SnarfQuest), which ran from '83 to '89.

The female halfling thief is, I think, Yamara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamara) which was in the magazine during the Late 80's to Mid 90's.

And you already mentioned Wormy and The Knights of the Dinner Table. :smallsmile:

Needless to say, these were all shoutouts to famous comic strips that no longer were running in Dragon (hence the reason they were being stored in the backroom :smallwink:).