PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Right Homebrew Class

guitarzan
2017-10-21, 01:20 AM
First off, hi I'm new!! Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I need help finding a decent homebrew class for 5e. My friend is about to start an apocalyptic world where magic is dying, so I need a homebrew class that either doesn't use magic or uses it sparingly. Any suggestions??

Morphic tide
2017-10-21, 01:46 AM
First off, hi I'm new!! Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this but I need help finding a decent homebrew class for 5e. My friend is about to start an apocalyptic world where magic is dying, so I need a homebrew class that either doesn't use magic or uses it sparingly. Any suggestions??

Okay, this is probably the right forum because the Homebrew one is specifically for homebrew ideas, not just questions on use. Just browsing the 5e tag, here's a thread to look into. The Homebrewery page is the actual homebrew.

Tome of Battle conversion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?538035) link to the Homebrewery page (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ryejTJ2Ox)

It's a conversion of what's widely seen as the best Extraordinary to Supernatural set of stuff for martial characters from 3.5 ever made by Wizards of the Coast. Also the last martial-character focused splatbook for 3.5, kinda used as a test of how the d20 system works with encounter-based powers. It should be decently high quality, and does not require actual magical stuff to be used. Such things exist in it, but they are not a requirement to use it. And the fluff is that it's not really magic, but a lot of people call it too crazy and label it either "non-magical magic" or "too anime." These are meaningless complaints, and fluff should be workable one way or another. A Crusader can save on(more like damn-near-remove with enough time) healing requirements, if the DM permits the healing stuff.

Lalliman
2017-10-21, 02:36 AM
You'll need to be more specific on what you need. There are four core classes that don't use magic, what's wrong with those?

guitarzan
2017-10-21, 04:37 PM
You'll need to be more specific on what you need. There are four core classes that don't use magic, what's wrong with those?

Nothing is wrong with them, I've just played them all several times and would like to try something new.